Blaze Pizza

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

Blaze Pizza

Post by Brad »

They mentioned on the Grow Omaha Radio show last week that Blaze Pizza is coming to Omaha. No locations announced yet.

http://www.blazepizza.com/
swgiust
Library Board

Re: Blaze Pizza

Post by swgiust »

I think the Capital district could use something like this.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

swgiust wrote:I think the Capital district could use something like this.
I think your plan is a sure fire way to lose a quarter million dollars real quick. Their web site says it cost 30,000 for a franchise and you have to commit to buying at least 3. The Capital district is going to be high rent. I don't see it working. Of course I don't see this franchise working at 180th Center either. "Caveat Emptor" to anyone that plans on getting rich off a pizza franchise in this market that is not named Pizza Hut or Little Caesars.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

3138 SF tenant build out at 12424 W Dodge
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

This sounds very similar to MyPie which I think would do great in Capital District.
#gohawks
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omaha is a very competitive market for pizza.. And the product has to be top notch..

I have little doubt Giordano’s will be a hit when they open here..

But Blaze Pizza and MyPie, I don’t know much about them.. But I do know this- When they come to Omaha, they better BRING IT; or they’ll find the path to what happened to Uncle Maddio’s in less than 2 years. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself with these 2 newbies...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:58 pm Omaha is a very competitive market for pizza.. And the product has to be top notch..

But Blaze Pizza and MyPie, I don’t know much about them.. But I do know this- When they come to Omaha, they better BRING IT; or they’ll find the path to what happened to Uncle Maddio’s in less than 2 years. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself with these 2 newbies...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I hope you are correct about Giordano's but another one that should have fit that same "no doubt" is Stroud’s and we all know how quickly that died.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

The product at My Pie is my favorite of these fast casual "custom pizza in 3 minutes" that I've had, including Blaze, which has a location in Lincoln. The ingredients are My Pie are pretty solid and I find their crust to be the best of any of them. Not to mention, they have what are literally some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted, no exaggeration.

RIP Pie Five and Uncle Maddio's.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

nebugeater wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:58 pm Omaha is a very competitive market for pizza.. And the product has to be top notch..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I hope you are correct about Giordano's but another one that should have fit that same "no doubt" is Stroud’s and we all know how quickly that died.
One thing Giordano’s has going for it, is name brand recognition beyond just the region.. and they’re much more experienced in opening up locations nationwide.. Compared to Stroud’s which before they opened in Omaha, only branched out to Wichita, Kansas..

Like I said before, quality will be the key. Compared to the KC location I’ve eaten at, the Omaha Stroud’s location fell flat on the quality end in my opinion..

Omaha wanted a Giordano’s and we’re going to get it. I’ll be surprised if it falls flat.. We’ll see...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

43county wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:26 pm The product at My Pie is my favorite of these fast casual "custom pizza in 3 minutes" that I've had, including Blaze, which has a location in Lincoln. The ingredients are My Pie are pretty solid and I find their crust to be the best of any of them. Not to mention, they have what are literally some of the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted, no exaggeration.

RIP Pie Five and Uncle Maddio's.
Can’t wait to try both...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
swgiust
Library Board

Post by swgiust »

Well with Light House pizza going in the Capitol District, I doubt we see Blaze anywhere close.