Swine Dining (121st & W Dodge)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Swine Dining (121st & W Dodge)

Post by Coyote »

Swine Dining is going to open a place near 121st and W Dodge.
Brad
City Council

Re: Swine Dining (121st & W Dodge)

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Swine Dining is going to open a place near 121st and W Dodge.
Like you probably heard on Grow Omaha when we announced this today, this is going to be a great lunch spot for my co-workers and I. Looking forward to it!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

So where -- North or south of Dodge
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

South is Burke High so it would have to be in front of Menards.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Brad wrote:South is Burke High so it would have to be in front of Menards.

Probably in the space next to Discount Tire.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The monument sign has been up for a few months now, and now the sign is up on the building. Windows are frosted over but you can tell work is going on inside. I'm guessing it won't be too long.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Went to the new Swine Dining on 120th and Dodge a couple weeks ago. Food was good, except they are one of those places that dice up their meat super fine. I know that's a style that some places use, but I would rather have the larger slices of meat.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Brad wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am Went to the new Swine Dining on 120th and Dodge a couple weeks ago. Food was good, except they are one of those places that dice up their meat super fine. I know that's a style that some places use, but I would rather have the larger slices of meat.
Really glad you posted this. For some reason I don't like BBQ if the meat is all diced up vs sliced. Ruins it for me. Didn't realize there were others that felt the same way.

Greg
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Greg S wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am
Brad wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 am Went to the new Swine Dining on 120th and Dodge a couple weeks ago. Food was good, except they are one of those places that dice up their meat super fine. I know that's a style that some places use, but I would rather have the larger slices of meat.
Really glad you posted this. For some reason I don't like BBQ if the meat is all diced up vs sliced. Ruins it for me. Didn't realize there were others that felt the same way.

Greg
Same here. I find that when it comes to sandwiches the diced up makes it fall out everywhere.
No posts exist for this topic
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Went here for the first time on Friday evening. Was nothing special in my mind and I will go to a lot of other places ahead of this.

Had their Brisket sandwich and added two ribs to try them. For me the ribs were flavorful and probably the most so of what I had. They were tough though or maybe under cooked / smoked.

The Brisket meat had very little flavor until sauce was added. There are only two types of sauce available. The Mild was not good to my taste, fine for some I am sure. The Hot was good and flavorful. To me it was not hot and that was OK. They need some more variety in sauce options IMO

Beans were fine but nothing stood out. Fries, wondered if these had been under a heat lamp for a while.

Wanted to like the place a lot more than I did. Nice concept and kind of cool wall decor.
Attachments
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG (3.13 MiB) Viewed 2261 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

other photo
Attachments
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG (2.74 MiB) Viewed 2260 times
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Who dices their meat? I have never eaten diced meat in any fashion. Thanks for your review. Ill probably put trying this place on the back burner for a while cuz it doesnt look that appealing.
Jim Flowers rules!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Silverspoon wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:04 am Who dices their meat? I have never eaten diced meat in any fashion. Thanks for your review. Ill probably put trying this place on the back burner for a while cuz it doesnt look that appealing.
I agree. This place is not on my restaurant “to do” list...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

I have been to the one in Bellevue several times and have loved it. Not sure how the Dodge location is, but from the feedback here, it doesn't seem like it is fairing well. Offutt helps to keep the one in Bellevue open, and every time I have gone there at night, the place is packed.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:33 pm I have been to the one in Bellevue several times and have loved it. Not sure how the Dodge location is, but from the feedback here, it doesn't seem like it is fairing well. Offutt helps to keep the one in Bellevue open, and every time I have gone there at night, the place is packed.

Maybe Bellevue has lower standards? I kid.....
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

To offer an "alternative" view on Swine Dining...

We've been to Kansas City many times, and almost always visit one or another BBQ spot there. We've rarely been disappointed. But here, so close to KC, in our opinion, Omaha has few decent BBQ spots. I know, it's like pizza -- one person loves a spot and another hates it. We're just amazed that nothing seems to come close to what we can enjoy 150 miles to the south.

Having said that, we tried Swine Dining in Bellevue and found it among the better BBQ spots in Omaha. It's way out of our way but we've gone back and are happy the Dodge location is here, much closer to us. The BBQ is more agreeable to us than many other Omaha places. (For the record, I prefer more smoky flavor and meat served without sauce -- I will add the sauce if I want it.)
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’ll finally be heading over to Swine Dining for lunch tomorrow..

I hope it’s a good experience. Of course, I’ll report back my *unprofessional* opinion of the place...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:35 pm I’ll finally be heading over to Swine Dining for lunch tomorrow..

I hope it’s a good experience. Of course, I’ll report back my *unprofessional* opinion of the place...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Good luck. Not on my list after going twice.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:35 pm I’ll finally be heading over to Swine Dining for lunch tomorrow..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Me either. Head out to Smokin Barrel it Porkey Butts.
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Brad wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:30 am
nebugeater wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 am

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Me either. Head out to Smokin Barrel it Porkey Butts.
They don’t have dry style ribs and get bitchy when you call to order (not knowing that ahead of time.)