Runza

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Re: Runza (50th & Center)

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote:
nebugeater wrote:Wonder if they will build the "new" design like is going up in Gretna. It is not done yet but looks different than anything I have seen anywhere. I was told by someone that works for the General that is on the Gretna project but is not working on THAT project that it is the first of a next generation Runza store.

On a Grow Omaha minute on KFAB they did say it would be the 2nd new design store in the state.

Greg

I have been told there will be one just like the one in Gretna going up in Elkhorn soon. Anyone have any insight on location?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

This was my home Runza when I moved to town and the thing I will remember the most about it is that it had a smoking section until the ban was enacted in 2008 or whatever, which always made me laugh
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

105 & Pacific = Acres - 0.6864
50 & Center = Acres - 0.5121

Its going to be interesting to see what they do here. I thought the 105th and Pacific Runza was a tight fit, It will be interesting to see how the 50th fits in. I'm guessing they are going to shove the new building to one end of the lot.

Also wondering what standards they will be held to. Site is zoned GC (General Commercial)

Currently they have zero green space, GC requires 10% Green
Currently the are built right up to the property line, I believe they will need 15' of green space all the way around
The neighbors to the south and the west are zoned R4 Residential so I am guessing they will need landscaping to screen the neighbors.
I'm guessing currently they are not following any stormwater regulations, but they will be required to now. Dues to the size of the lot, I am guessing they handle that underground.
Finally, I believe now you can only have 1 driveway per parcel, currently they have 3.

Seems like an already tight lot is going to get even tighter.

All that said, I am happy to see them improving this Location. Use to light right down the street and its a great location!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:105 & Pacific = Acres - 0.6864
50 & Center = Acres - 0.5121

Its going to be interesting to see what they do here. I thought the 105th and Pacific Runza was a tight fit, It will be interesting to see how the 50th fits in. I'm guessing they are going to shove the new building to one end of the lot.

Also wondering what standards they will be held to. Site is zoned GC (General Commercial)

Currently they have zero green space, GC requires 10% Green
Currently the are built right up to the property line, I believe they will need 15' of green space all the way around
The neighbors to the south and the west are zoned R4 Residential so I am guessing they will need landscaping to screen the neighbors.
I'm guessing currently they are not following any stormwater regulations, but they will be required to now. Dues to the size of the lot, I am guessing they handle that underground.
Finally, I believe now you can only have 1 driveway per parcel, currently they have 3.

Seems like an already tight lot is going to get even tighter.

All that said, I am happy to see them improving this Location. Use to light right down the street and its a great location!
Are they leaving a few feet of wall and calling it a remodel?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

One thing I'll say about Runza (and I'm old enough to remember when it was called Runza Hut)..

Runza's, fries and burgers aside- they make some doggone good chicken strips too...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

This was originally a Runza Hut if I'm not mistaken, same with the 72nd & Farnam location.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Steel is up, framing on site.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:I have been told there will be one just like the one in Gretna going up in Elkhorn soon. Anyone have any insight on location?
Next to the Indian Creek Hy-Vee in Elkorn.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (166.67 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Runza

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:
nebugeater wrote:I have been told there will be one just like the one in Gretna going up in Elkhorn soon. Anyone have any insight on location?
Next to the Indian Creek Hy-Vee in Elkorn.
image.jpeg

Haven't been that way in a while. Have they started any construction.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote:Haven't been that way in a while. Have they started any construction.
Not quite yet, the target date was 4/1
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

I was by the 50th and Center location the other day and the building is up. From my vantage point it was hard to tell how far along it actually is tho'.
garyomaha
Home Owners Association

Post by garyomaha »

50th & Center is open. Different building design than other Omaha stores, including a new logo.
43county
Home Owners Association

Post by 43county »

I really think the new prototype on Center looks great on the exterior, can’t wait to see the inside.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

43county wrote:I really think the new prototype on Center looks great on the exterior, can’t wait to see the inside.

COme out to Gretna you don't have to weight. This was #1 of the new design.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

43county wrote:I really think the new prototype on Center looks great on the exterior, can’t wait to see the inside.
I went there on Friday, and hopefully they can recruit some better workers there. The building looks ok. The inside has the stone look on the walls. However taking 15-20 minutes to make everyone's orders is not going to get it done. They were completely out of napkins and none of the table were cleaned. I attempted to use a Runza gift card and they told me that their computers aren't set up to accept them, which is funny since I was able to use them there with the old building. I think for the time being I will continue to visit the 72nd St store.
cafereef
Home Owners Association

Post by cafereef »

The Runza lot at Indian Creek on 204th and Maple is graded and steaked our as of today.