New Perkins

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene (mp3 posts)

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Coyote
City Council

New Perkins

Postby Coyote » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:55 am

There will be a new Perkins on Abbott Dr
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (154.73 KiB) Viewed 815 times

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (179.48 KiB) Viewed 810 times

Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Re: New Perkins

Postby Silverspoon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:55 pm

I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.
Avid 3NewsNow watcher Jim Flowers rules!

Omababe
Planning Board

Postby Omababe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:37 am

Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.

Padre
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Padre » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 am

Omababe wrote:Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.

A replacement for the Hollywood Diner.

jessep28
Planning Board

Postby jessep28 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Silverspoon wrote:I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.

The restaurant is a franchise, so it could be a different operator than the one who ran the Omaha area stores which all closed down.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

Brad
City Council

Postby Brad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

jessep28 wrote:
Silverspoon wrote:I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.

The restaurant is a franchise, so it could be a different operator than the one who ran the Omaha area stores which all closed down.

Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

Omababe
Planning Board

Postby Omababe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:35 am

Padre wrote:
Omababe wrote:Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.

Yeah, but that old Hollywood Diner was never open in the morning.

GrandpaaSmucker
Home Owners Association

Postby GrandpaaSmucker » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 am

Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:

Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...

I need my blueberry pancakes to be made with a generous amount of real blueberries that are actually inside the pancake not just dumped on top.

nebugeater
County Board

Postby nebugeater » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:32 am

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:

I need my blueberry pancakes to be made with a generous amount of real blueberries that are actually inside the pancake not just dumped on top.

Easy then. If they don't make what you want don't go there.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

Padre
New to the Neighborhood

Postby Padre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 am

Omababe wrote:
Padre wrote:

Yeah, but that old Hollywood Diner was never open in the morning.

Really? With all those hotels around there I would have thought it would be a natural. I know that many of them offer something in the morning, but I've never been much for the continental breakfast.

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Brad wrote: Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...

I remember when the first floor of the Omaha Hotel at 108th and L was a Perkins. Through about 2010, for several years, I’d meet a friend for breakfast there about once a month or so. For what it’s worth, I don’t remember any particular bad food or bad service. The place served pretty much what was expected and served its purpose...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

Greg S
County Board

Postby Greg S » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 am

I always enjoyed Perkins food. We used to eat at the one on 70th and Dodge when I was growing up.

Greg

nativeomahan
Planning Board

Postby nativeomahan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Perkins restaurants now seem relegated to small towns. The one in Hastings seems to only allow people with walkers and oxygen tanks to eat there. They actually have a large walker storage area for customers to place their walkers while they are dining on the soft food.
The one time I ate there the waitress insisted that I eat the free slice of pie for dessert that came with every meal that day. I told her I wasn't interested. She looked confused, then insisted that I take a slice "to go". I told her no and you would have thought I ruined her day or something.

bbinks
Human Relations

Postby bbinks » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:08 am

Like most who dined at the Omaha stores can agree, food was substandard and service was poor. Eggs are eggs, but cold or burnt/undercooked eggs and flat pancakes didnt fluff when cooking is a sign if poor business execution.

At one time it was good, equal to Village Inn. But the last 2 years, it was total suckage.

Omababe
Planning Board

Postby Omababe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:13 am

bbinks wrote:At one time it was good, equal to Village Inn. But the last 2 years, it was total suckage.

My experience with all of the Usual Suspects like Perkins is that it can vary quite a bit from facility to facility, from day to day, from shift to shift.

Return to “Dining/Culture/Entertainment”