image.jpeg
image.jpeg (154.73 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (179.48 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Re: New Perkins

Post by Silverspoon »

I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.
Jim Flowers rules!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

Omababe wrote:Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.
A replacement for the Hollywood Diner.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Silverspoon wrote:I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.
The restaurant is a franchise, so it could be a different operator than the one who ran the Omaha area stores which all closed down.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jessep28 wrote:
Silverspoon wrote:I remember Perkins being really bad. Horrible food and worse service. Ill give it a try again when it opens and give you guys my review.
The restaurant is a franchise, so it could be a different operator than the one who ran the Omaha area stores which all closed down.
Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Padre wrote:
Omababe wrote:Actually, I think that will work out just fine. We do need a convenient breakfast type place near the airport.
Yeah, but that old Hollywood Diner was never open in the morning.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:
Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...
I need my blueberry pancakes to be made with a generous amount of real blueberries that are actually inside the pancake not just dumped on top.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:
Brad wrote:
jessep28 wrote:
I need my blueberry pancakes to be made with a generous amount of real blueberries that are actually inside the pancake not just dumped on top.

Easy then. If they don't make what you want don't go there.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

Omababe wrote:
Padre wrote:
Yeah, but that old Hollywood Diner was never open in the morning.
Really? With all those hotels around there I would have thought it would be a natural. I know that many of them offer something in the morning, but I've never been much for the continental breakfast.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Exactly, Coyote and I go to a Perkins in GI every spring and we have good service and it’s just breakfast food so i’m Not sure what people are expecting... eggs are hot, pancakes are hot, coffee is fresh, what else do you need...
I remember when the first floor of the Omaha Hotel at 108th and L was a Perkins. Through about 2010, for several years, I’d meet a friend for breakfast there about once a month or so. For what it’s worth, I don’t remember any particular bad food or bad service. The place served pretty much what was expected and served its purpose...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I always enjoyed Perkins food. We used to eat at the one on 70th and Dodge when I was growing up.

Greg
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Perkins restaurants now seem relegated to small towns. The one in Hastings seems to only allow people with walkers and oxygen tanks to eat there. They actually have a large walker storage area for customers to place their walkers while they are dining on the soft food.
The one time I ate there the waitress insisted that I eat the free slice of pie for dessert that came with every meal that day. I told her I wasn't interested. She looked confused, then insisted that I take a slice "to go". I told her no and you would have thought I ruined her day or something.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation

Post by bbinks »

Like most who dined at the Omaha stores can agree, food was substandard and service was poor. Eggs are eggs, but cold or burnt/undercooked eggs and flat pancakes didnt fluff when cooking is a sign if poor business execution.

At one time it was good, equal to Village Inn. But the last 2 years, it was total suckage.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

bbinks wrote:At one time it was good, equal to Village Inn. But the last 2 years, it was total suckage.
My experience with all of the Usual Suspects like Perkins is that it can vary quite a bit from facility to facility, from day to day, from shift to shift.
Padre
Human Relations

Post by Padre »

Got a Valpac today, advertising that the new Perkins on Abbot Dr is now open.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Padre wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:48 pmGot a Valpac today, advertising that the new Perkins on Abbot Dr is now open.
It will probably do a great business, as one thing our city lacks is a convenient sit-down breakfast option before morning flights.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Padre wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:48 pm Got a Valpac today, advertising that the new Perkins on Abbot Dr is now open.
I can't remember when they opened, but it been quite a while. Late Summer or Mid fall 2018?
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omababe wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:13 am
bbinks wrote:At one time it was good, equal to Village Inn. But the last 2 years, it was total suckage.
My experience with all of the Usual Suspects like Perkins is that it can vary quite a bit from facility to facility, from day to day, from shift to shift.
You are dead on correct here. That’s always been my experience as well...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
swinquest
Home Owners Association

Post by swinquest »

Brad wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 am
Padre wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:48 pm Got a Valpac today, advertising that the new Perkins on Abbot Dr is now open.
I can't remember when they opened, but it been quite a while. Late Summer or Mid fall 2018?
I don't remember when this place opened, but we have been there three times already. Nice on the inside.

1st visit was very good...had only been open for a month. Service was nice
2nd visit was OK...had a person come in for coffee, but "was short on change". They said that since they are close to the Open Door Mission, this happens from time to time
3rd visit was the worst to date...took 10 minutes after we sat to get our drink order (from the management team). The person that ended up being our waitress had an attitude of when we walked in that she did not want another table.

I grew up with a Perkins in Kearney, so I prefer Perkins over VI. Not going to let that bad visit keep me away.
Omaha!!
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omaha!! »

jessep28 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:13 pm
The ones in Omaha and council bluffs didn’t “close down”. Owner was 71-72 years old and lived out of state. Also had the Lincoln ones and sold those to just simplify and keep his South Dakota ones. Sold each one separate basically and did really well on each one. Know him personally. Great family and happy he got them sold when he did. Now he can enjoy some more golf and everyone is happy on both sides of the sale.
Omababe
Planning Board

Re: Perkins - Abbott Drive

Post by Omababe »

I expected the new Perkins to do a good business with the proximity to Eppley. I stopped there before a flight out the other day and it was quite empty.
Omaha!!
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Omaha!! »

Yes those new ones are up but different owner so not can’t really speak on new business plan or what they have in mind to come.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Aerial Photos 10/23