The Stokin' Goat Restaurant

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

The Stokin' Goat Restaurant

Post by Coyote »

In the strip mall north of the 156th and Maple Hy-Vee, where Paradise Bay Tanning used to be (two bays west of the Subway) will be The Smoking Goat Restaurant. I don't know if it will be related to the one in San Diego, but that farm-to-table restaurant looks enviable.

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: The Smoking Goat Restaurant

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Let’s hope they can make the farm to table concept work at this location. Pig & Fitch lasted about 3 or so years at One Pacific Place..

The menu looks interesting enough to give it a try once they open...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Let’s hope they can make the farm to table concept work at this location. Pig & Fitch lasted about 3 or so years at One Pacific Place..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Pig and Finch died due to high cost vs avg quality. Could get better food close by for equal or less.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

Im a huge foodie, but the names Pig & Finch, Smoking Goat, and of course Boars Head really turn me off. In other words, due to the name, there is a very very small chance I would ever give this new place a try.
Jim Flowers rules!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Silverspoon wrote:Im a huge foodie, but the names Pig & Finch, Smoking Goat, and of course Boars Head really turn me off. In other words, due to the name, there is a very very small chance I would ever give this new place a try.
Yeah, they sound like English Pubs.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

bigredmed1 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:Let’s hope they can make the farm to table concept work at this location. Pig & Fitch lasted about 3 or so years at One Pacific Place..

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Pig and Finch died due to high cost vs avg quality. Could get better food close by for equal or less.
I never had the chance, for whatever reason, to try Pig & Fitch. I do have a couple of friends who did like the place. I know Ruby Tuesday had a fairly long run at that same location.. But multiple restaurants, including Pig & Fitch, met an early demise after Ruby closed there..

Regarding the name of “Smoking Goat”, that won’t affect whether I’ll give the establishment a go or not.. For me, it’s just a matter of having the time to get around to trying a new place.. But everyone is different :) ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed1 »

Yes, I don't care about names either. P&F had decent food, but not worth the money IMO.

Ruby Tuesday had a great salad bar, but redesigned their place to deemphasize it. Then it wasn't worth driving there.
Coyote
City Council

Re: The Stokin' Goat Restaurant

Post by Coyote »

Appears to be open now. Looks like the owners of Stokes started a new venture
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (619.65 KiB) Viewed 1729 times