WE'VE GOT JIMMY JOHN'S!!!!

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

WE'VE GOT JIMMY JOHN'S!!!!

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Yes, that's right. Driving home from from UNO I saw it going into an existing building near 72nd and Dodge, just south of Borders and the US Bank building.

This is almost as exciting as the 32 story condo tower that will be built downtown ;) .

Hopefully they will open one downtown soon!!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

For those that don't know..Jimmy John's is a sub-sandwich shop..They have locations already in Lincoln and Kearney..

Don't know if I'd put this news exactly on the same level as our new proposed 32 story DT mixed use tower.. :wink: ..

But good to see another new to area establishment in the Omaha market..

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.jimmyjohns.com/

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

I know what you mean Aaron. I love Jimmy Johns. I wonder how far they will deliver.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Re: WE'VE GOT JIMMY JOHN'S!!!!

Post by omahapropertymanager »

StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Hopefully they will open one downtown soon!!
If they are going to build one downtown it would be around the Creighton campus. From what I know about Jimmy Johns (From an entrepreneurship class I'm taking this semester), they only open locations within walking distance (or at least close) to college campuses.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

wow streets, you really love jimmy johns.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Haha, I was being sarcastic in comparing it to Wallstreet Tower, but I do love Jimmy John's.

I think North Downtown would be the perfect fit for a Jimmy John's. Then it could serve Creighton, the Old Market, and Downtown.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
FatGuy
Home Owners Association

Post by FatGuy »

From what I know about Jimmy Johns (From an entrepreneurship class I'm taking this semester), they only open locations within walking distance (or at least close) to college campuses.
I am sure walking distance from "The 20's" will be similar to their business model. Many will probably receive some education over there followed by an 8-inch sub at Jimmy John's.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Maybe they could open up in one of the retail spaces in the Slowdown/Saddle Creek project. The Creighton shuttle stops at The Tip-Top, which is only a block and a half away. Unfortunately, there are no other development projects on the horizon in North Downtown that would be closer to the Creighton campus.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

They could put one in the Kellom Shopping Center (name?) along Cuming Street. last time that I was in town there were several vacant bays in the strip center.
FatGuy
Home Owners Association

Post by FatGuy »

They could put one in the Kellom Shopping Center (name?) along Cuming Street. last time that I was in town there were several vacant bays in the strip center.
J.C's chicago style deli and a subway or blimpies are already located in this shopping center. I doubt the existing tenants would care for the added competition.
omahapropertymanager
Home Owners Association

Post by omahapropertymanager »

Kellom Valley is 100% occupied now, and with JC's, Sam & Louie’s, and a Chinese Restaurant, I don't foresee another food establishment moving in there anytime soon. They have enough problems with parking as it is.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Wow, I have not been by there since last April, but the center had numerous vacancies at the time. It is good to hear they are full.
loyalomahan
Library Board

Post by loyalomahan »

Going back to 72nd and Dodge, it looks like the ugly looking Family Fun Center is getting some kind of face lift.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

it seems like just about every building on that intersection has gotten a makeover, now if they would just rip down that petco/kinkos. What an ugly lot on one of the busiest intersections in omaha.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Did you already post a picture of the new restaurant in the strip development just east of Family Fun Center? :) (I can't recall the name of this place)

By the way, Joey's Seafood & Grill is great... down at the Shops at Aksarben Village. Very reasonable, cozy environs, good food.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I did post a pic of Jason's Deli, if thats what you are talking about.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

By George you did, didn't you. :)

Stargazer
County Board

Post by Stargazer »

They had a story on one of the local news channels last night... talking about Jimmy John's at 72nd and Dodge being so busy that the drive through was backing up into the side street (and the city turning up the heat on them for it).

What I found more interesting... the restaurant representative said that the 72nd and Dodge location was the busiest Jimmy John's in the nation!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I wait in the street almost every time I go there, even on off hours.
j4nu
Home Owners Association

Post by j4nu »

That place is crazy, it almost faster to drive down to 42nd to go there.  I am so happy to have one downtown now, walked over there for dinner last night actually.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Their delivery cars are always outside of Mutual during lunch.
DTO
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Some of the delivery guys at the 40th and Dodge JJ's make deliveries on BICYCLE, which I think is awesome, so I tip them more.  :yes:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Jimmy John's on 40th & Dodge has been delivering to the Med Center and getting quite a business. I am always seeing the deliverers around here and they just might stay open until 2 like the one on 72nd. I see their menu at the nurses station on almost every floor and in the ER. The one on 72nd is the highest grossing Jimmy John's in the country - so this one just may give them a run for their money! I just noticed however that their Gargantuan sandwich is over 1000 calories - but well worth it ;)
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I drove past the new Jimmy John's on 107th and Q the past couple days. The signs were lit but it doesn't look like they are open yet. When will I get my first Gargantuan from here?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:I drove past the new Jimmy John's on 107th and Q the past couple days. The signs were lit but it doesn't look like they are open yet. When will I get my first Gargantuan from here?
Coyote found a new home.... Until they build on on 84th and Park Drive!
jtshaw
New to the Neighborhood

Post by jtshaw »

Clearly, Jimmy John's will feed a lot of the people who participate in these forums.  Those who live in the north and northwest may find the new Jimmy John's (opened two weeks ago) at Sorensen Park Plaza (72nd Street and Sorensen Parkway) to be conveniently located.  I like Jimmy Johns, too, but my primary sandwich loyalty remains with Quizno's.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote:I drove past the new Jimmy John's on 107th and Q the past couple days. The signs were lit but it doesn't look like they are open yet. When will I get my first Gargantuan from here?
This Jimmy John's is now officially open.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

That new Jimmy Johns on Q looks so much better than that old gas station that was there.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Does anyone know why the Downtown JJ's closes early now? I hope it wasn't because of some derelict drunks messing up the place every weekend at 1. :;): The place was always busy.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

DTO Luv wrote:Does anyone know why the Downtown JJ's closes early now? I hope it wasn't because of some derelict drunks messing up the place every weekend at 1. :;): The place was always busy.
What time are they closing now?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I don't know but I know when we used to go there after the bars closed they aren't open. I haven't been back since then.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

DTO Luv wrote:I don't know but I know when we used to go there after the bars closed they aren't open. I haven't been back since then.
Was it the day of the week?  I know they were not open late during the week and if you went on NYE they would have been closed because it was Monday.  I have done that before?
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

No it was definitely a weekend a few weeks ago. I haven't been back to JJ's period since then.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jimmy John's
1417 Suite A. Farnam St.
402-614-1315

Store Hours:
Sun-Thurs 11am-10pm
Fri-Sat 11am-2am
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

Hmm. I'm pretty sure we were at JJ's. :)

It wasn't opened that list night Wags and Omaha Cowboy and I went.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

Another JJ's is scheduled to open in a few weeks at 42nd and Hwy 370 in Bellevue.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I was just listening to the 4-12-2008 Grow Omaha Episode.

Out of the 700 Jimmy Johns and the 10 in Omaha, the 72 and Dodge Jimmy Johns is Still #1 in the the entire country!
tkeith
New to the Neighborhood

Post by tkeith »

They are putting in a Jimmy John's at 147th & Maple across the parking lot from Buffalo Wild Wings.  It isn't open yet but the signs are up.
theurge
Home Owners Association

Post by theurge »

Brad wrote:I was just listening to the 4-12-2008 Grow Omaha Episode.

Out of the 700 Jimmy Johns and the 10 in Omaha, the 72 and Dodge Jimmy Johns is Still #1 in the the entire country!
:shock: