Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Bonefish Grill (Regency Court)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

From an email our friend Jeff Beals sent to me yesterday:

'Bonefish Grill to Open At Omaha’s Regency Court

Fresh seafood concept first to the Omaha market.

OMAHA, Neb. (Dec. 19, 2005) – The Lund Company, in conjunction with RED Development, has announced that Bonefish Grill will open its first restaurant in Nebraska at the Regency Court shopping center on Regency Parkway.

Bonefish Grill (http://www.bonefishgrill.com), described as a “polished casual” concept, is slated to open at Regency Court in Spring 2006, and will offer a variety of fresh fish dishes to be paired with an array of original sauces and toppings which customers can pair with the fish of their choice.

Bonefish Grill was founded in St. Petersburg, Florida in January 2000 by veteran restauranteurs Tim Curci and Chris Parker whose vision for the restaurant included a dining experience based on simplicity and consistency, and a commitment to excellence on every level.

The founders’ concept was also based on their desire to be known as “the people who know fresh fish” and to tell their guests where the fish from their restaurant came from, how best to eat it, and how to experiment with the various sauces they created to go with the fish entrees. Offering a variety of eight or more fresh fish to choose from, fish is flown in and received fresh every morning, inspected for quality and then cut and weighed by hand.

Bonefish Grill operates more than 89 company-owned restaurant locations across the country. The Regency Court location will be the first in Nebraska and will also represent the company’s venture to expand into the Midwest. According to a recent survey by Technomic Inc. for Restaurants Business magazine, Bonefish Grill is number two on the list of the ten fastest-growing restaurants.

The new 5,467 square foot seafood restaurant will provide a full-service bar and accommodate up to 200 patrons and will locate near the mall’s northeast entrance.

“We’re thrilled to bring this exciting new dining concept to Omaha and to Regency Court,” said John Lund, president of The Lund Company. “Those who love to dine out will no doubt be delighted with the exceptional seafood menu and wonderful service they’ll discover at Bonefish Grill.”

Bonefish Grill will join a host of other national and local retailers at Regency Court, including Paradise Bakery & Café, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Williams-Sonoma and Ann Taylor LOFT.'..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Last edited by Omaha Cowboy on Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cowboys!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

This confirms the 'rumor' thread nebport5 started in September from the Rumors section found here:

http://www.eomaha.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2646

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Mmmmm fish bones… mmmmm :P
15-17, 26, 32
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

well I was originally told it'd be at 90th and Dodge, this location makes alot more sense especially next to Fleming's. My source wasn't from Omaha hence very easily could've confused the locations.

Also it was indicated to me that the Omaha location wouldn't open until July. I'd be very surprised to see it open this spring.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Sunday July 9, 2006

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

A bit past the projected Spring of 2006 opening date..But it looks about ready to open now..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

BoneFish Grill Opening August 7, (OWH classifieds)

Lonnie
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Nice find..

Thanks lonnie..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

better late then never
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Re: Bonefish Grill set to open this spring..

Post by Coyote »

14 Bonefish Frills are closing down. Are they not doing good elsewhere?
Phillip
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Phillip »

Coyote wrote:14 Bonefish Frills are closing down. Are they not doing good elsewhere?
One opened here in a new development in Minneapolis about a year ago. It doesn't seem to be doing well. It's always been empty when I walk past it during peak hours. Which seems odd for Minneapolis because there is almost no competition here for seafood.

Granted, the Westend development it's in is not doing well, and has been more than half empty since it opened 5 years ago.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Bonefish Grill is getting a kitchen makeover.
choke
Human Relations

Re: Bonefish Grill (Regency Court)

Post by choke »

Coyote wrote:Bonefish Grill is getting a kitchen makeover.
I used to work in that kitchen when it was Cafe DiCoppia. If it wasn't updated when Bonefish moved in, it is well past due.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

choke wrote:
I used to work in that kitchen when it was Cafe DiCoppia. If it wasn't updated when Bonefish moved in, it is well past due.
Tht was what I was thinking. Didn't Bonefish expand a little after DiCoppia, and/or Borsheims at that time?
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Coyote wrote:
choke wrote:
Tht was what I was thinking. Didn't Bonefish expand a little after DiCoppia, and/or Borsheims at that time?
I am pretty sure that Borsheims did expand around that time. I believe the restaurant is mall-locked, if there is such a term. There really is nowhere for that bay to expand except possibly right to the south where Godiva Chocolates used to be. BTW, the only Godiva store that Omaha had.
CharleyBarley
New to the Neighborhood

Post by CharleyBarley »

If I remember correctly there used to be a Godiva store in Westroads! It was downstairs in the middle by the escalators/elevator. Then it became a weird tea cafe or something and now I think Zales expanded into that spot.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

The only previous Bonefish "expansion" was the addition of patio seating. There was talk at the time of adding another door to the patio and enclosing the space for year round use, however, the kitchen wasn't large enough to support it at full restaurant capacity. I wonder if this is a part of what's happening now.