Bright Eyes to do free gig.

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

That may be true. I haven't seen him at the brothers for a wile now.
15-17, 26, 32
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Finn wrote:Politics and music don't mix? They have had a relationship since before punk brought it to the forefront. Let musicians say what they want, if you don't like it - don't listen, don't go to the show, don't buy the album. Pretty simple.

Actually, Oberst seems pretty well informed - and insightful in his lyrics.
-Agreed. And that is why I did not buy that crapfest that is Pearl Jam's new album (although they were far and away my favorite group).
jsheets
Human Relations

Post by jsheets »

joeglow wrote:And that is why I did not buy that crapfest that is Pearl Jam's new album (although they were far and away my favorite group).
I don't want to go offtopic, but since you just did.... Pearl Jam's new album is awesome!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

OMG eww, I hate their new stuff.
15-17, 26, 32
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Wow, I can hear the pain at Joe's when those longhaired coastal liberals lay into Evenflow. ;)
"I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it I love it I hate it"
-Big E
Stable genius.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Also, Conor had a rant during the concert about public transportation.

"This next song is about New York, which is the other place I live. And in New York you can take a train to get places...you don't have to drive everywhere. It's nice sometimes to sit in your car and listen to the radio, but it's also nice to talk to a stranger. I know the Mayor's here tonight."
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Dam that would be awesome if we had trains that took us every place we wanted to be. Why doesn't this city do that? Maybe a 23 million more people have something to do with it.

I was told by people who went he actually did it tastefully. To be honest with you I have heard plenty of rants at shows. Tegan and Sarah wouldn't shut the F^ up. So if he did what everyone said it wasn't that bad
15-17, 26, 32