Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

River Music Summit

Post by icejammer »

Sounds like fun for you youngsters! :wink:

Music summit set Saturday at the MAC
The third annual River Music Summit will be Saturday at the Mid-America Center.

'The Clown' from Slipknot and Jada Pinkett Smith, actress and Wicked Wisdom singer, will kick off the summit with one-on-one interviews and questions from the audience. The River Summit runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This year the River Summit features live music at Sokol Auditorium, including a showcase competition at Sokol Underground and a free Bright Eyes concert at Memorial Park. The Showcase Competition begins at 4 p.m. at Sokol Underground, 13th and Martha Street. Several bands will also be performing at Sokol Auditorium beginning at 5 p.m.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I'll be there!!!! Pry not during the J. P. Smith performance though.
15-17, 26, 32
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Isn't Yellowcard supposed to be at this (or strongly implied on commercials for it that they will be at this)? If so that'll be two different Yellowcard performances in the Omaha area over the course of a week. They're supposed to play at the opening ceremonies of the CWS on Thursday.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Isn't Yellowcard supposed to be at this (or strongly implied on commercials for it that they will be at this)? If so that'll be two different Yellowcard performances in the Omaha area over the course of a week. They're supposed to play at the opening ceremonies of the CWS on Thursday.
You're thinking of the River Riot on July 30th. They keep saying a "mystery guest" and I think it is yellowcard. Not sure what the hype is all about considering yellowcard isnt that great. Whatever though, it should be a kick-|expletive| show
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Hype, there is hype with any concert anymore Look how much hype came with James Blunt when he sucks worse than a black hole.
15-17, 26, 32
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

But not a Black Hole Sun. Those are awesome. :)
DTO
ladyred
Home Owners Association

Post by ladyred »

I think I saw on the television news that Yellowcard was playing for opening night for CSW? Although I am getting old and forgetful so you might want to check that for yourselves. :lol:
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes

There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=http://postimage.org/]Image[/url]