23rd Annual Renaissance Faire of the Midlands

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

23rd Annual Renaissance Faire of the Midlands

Post by icejammer »

Just as a reminder, as this is always a popular event, this year's Ren Faire will be Friday, June 16 through Sunday, June 18, at Westfair.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

This thing is a pretty cool event for both guys an gals, I recommend it to all.
15-17, 26, 32
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

I'll be going on Sunday in the afternoon, if it isn't raining.
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

The newspaper articles from over the weekend:

Bluffs gets faire-minded
The vendors appearing at this year's Renaissance Faire of the Midlands come from near and far.

There are the clothing vendors like Heart's Delight, who have come in all the way from Ventura, Calif.

"We do this for a living," said employee Jonathan Kratavil.

Every week, there's some event around the county they attend, he said, and they've been doing it for 20 years.
"A tent festival doesn't have permanent buildings, but of all the tent festivals we've attended, this one here is probably the best," she said. "In fact, this is one that ranks right up there with any renaissance faire. Council Bluffs really supports it."
Dancing to the real oldies

Lily Sales, 2, and her sister Caroline, 5, learn from Thomas Hamilton how to make a clay pot during the 23rd Annual Renaissance Faire Saturday afternoon.
The crowds have been great, said Ron Hopp, president of the Renaissance Faire Board.

"Definitely an increase from last year," he said.
Renaissance Faire a 'great time'
While attendance figures are not yet available, the 23rd annual Renaissance Faire of the Midlands went well, an official said this morning.

Weather was, for the most part, kind to this year's event, billed as "Not Joust Your Ordinary Faire," noted Ron Hopp, president of the Renaissance Faire Board.

"It was a pleasant weekend - and, I think, for those who came, they had a great time," he said.

Hopp did not have final attendance figures but said there seemed to be a good crowd.
Sir Matthew, left, portrayed by Kevin Coble, and Sir Douglas Payne battle as part of the New Riders of the Golden Age Joust during the 23rd Annual Renaissance Faire of the Midlands Saturday afternoon.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
zedmib
Home Owners Association

Post by zedmib »

I was there in costume on Saturday. This is the third year a Westfaire. I think the number of vendors has shrunk each year. The site is open, shadeless, and can be windy. I only purchased food and a couple things for the GF. I did have a good time.
To Growth! When do we get a Supertall! :mrgreen:
Zed