Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by OmahaChef »

I picked up my keys to my new apartment today, and there was a notice at the mailboxes. "Don't be surprised by a lot of noise on Sunday, July 2nd, from 9:00 p.m. to midnight, as there is a police car chase scene being filmed on 10th Street during this time, for a movie being filmed in Omaha". I asked what the movie was, but the leasing agents didn't know. If you like watching action movies being filmed, here's a chance to see it all.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

Wow, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what the movie is.
Last edited by adam186 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

A big movie? Hmm. Omaha's becoming a Hollywood star. :)
DTO
Hellenistic Kshatriya
Home Owners Association

Post by Hellenistic Kshatriya »

Meh, I'm out of town.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Sounds fun. I tried my best to be an extra in the Plattsmouth movie thingy and the other extras kept screwing it up for me. Maybe they'll want a good looking extra for this movie. I may just start a career being an extra in local movies.
15-17, 26, 32
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Chef, can you say where at more specifically on tenth street?
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Actually, I re-read the notice after I moved in Friday, and it actually says it will be filmed tonight from 9 to midnight, around the building, which is The Green house Apartments. I think it may actually be on the stretts below 10th and Farnum.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Anyone going down to snap a few shots of this?
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board

Post by adam186 »

I went, but didnt' see anything. Drove from Howard and went south to Rosenblatte, but nothing was closed down.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation

Post by OmahaChef »

Hopefully, no one made a special trip downtown for this, as it is 10:30 p.m. and I have not heard or seen anything. Took a walk earlier, and nothing out of the ordinary. I would have thought there would be camera set-up, etc. but I haven't seen a thing. :(
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Hmm I wonder if this will cost them extra in the filming budget... Hopefully it will still happen.
15-17, 26, 32
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Usually when you least expect it..The scene gets shot..

Oh well..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I've seen a few movies get shot and they usually jack around for quite some time and then shoot it eventually.
15-17, 26, 32