Lyle Lovett

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

icejammer
County Board

Lyle Lovett

Post by icejammer »

I know everyone's been sitting on pins and needles waiting for this concert!

Lyle Lovett to perform at the MidAmerica Center
Country music star and four-time Grammy Award winner Lyle Lovett will perform in an intimate theater setting at the Mid-America Center Sunday, Sept. 10, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale Saturday, July 29, at 10 a.m.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Lyle Lovett

Post by nebugeater »

Actually, if you are open to trying different types of music he has some amazingly good stuff.

icejammer wrote:I know everyone's been sitting on pins and needles waiting for this concert!

Lyle Lovett to perform at the MidAmerica Center
Country music star and four-time Grammy Award winner Lyle Lovett will perform in an intimate theater setting at the Mid-America Center Sunday, Sept. 10, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale Saturday, July 29, at 10 a.m.
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

Yeah, Lyle does have some great music, so I hope everyone that enjoys listening to some good stuff comes out to listen, but I realize it's not everybody's cup of tea.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."

--William Jennings Bryan
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

Yes, count me as someone who was totally surprised to find how talented and enjoyable Lyle Lovett is. His talent transcends and supercedes the genres he is usually identified with.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.