Crescent Moon Ale House, Beertopia, Huber Haus

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

midtown charlie
Human Relations

Crescent Moon Ale House, Beertopia, Huber Haus

Post by midtown charlie »

Crescent Moon Ale House, Beertopia, Huber Haus, Max and Joe's Beer Barrel Tavern

From the latest Huber Haus Newsletter.  Huber Haus is the German Keller bar in the basement of the Crescent Moon Ale House.  

Beertopia.. Omaha's Ultimate Beer Store and
Max and Joe's Beer Barrel Tavern ( for private parties)

opening this fall adjacent to the Huber Haus/Crescent Moon  
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Beer-loved

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3 ... d=10574132
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:The January/February issue of Draft magazine lists Crescent Moon among the "Best Beer Bars in America."

Noting the Crescent Moon's 12-year history and many tentacles — Huber Haus, its German-style basement beer hall; Max & Joe's, its attached party room; and Beertopia, its next-door bottle shop — the magazine said: "The Moon controls Omaha's beer empire."

Editors also praised the main bar's tap and bottle beer selection and its consistent use of "appropriate glassware."

Of more than 200 bars listed, Crescent Moon was the only one in Nebraska.
http://draftmag.com/
windsor
Human Relations

Post by windsor »

Wow, such a tremendous recognition for a wonderful pub.  I highly recommend the Crescent Moon for people that have not been there.
where the corn meets the concrete
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Crescent Moon's Facebook Page wrote:The Crescent Moon Alehouse So, we just heard that Zane Lamprey from Three Sheets is coming to OMAHA! Go to his Facebook page and his website http://www.zanelamprey.com and tell him why he needs to stop at Beer Corner USA and visit The Crescent Moon Alehouse, The Huber Haus German Bier Hall, Max & Joe's Belgian Tavern and Beertopia!

After all, we are Omaha's ONLY bar listed by DRAFT Magazine as one of the Top 150 Beer Bars in America, and Beertopia was listed at one of the Top 50 Beer Retail Stores in the WORLD by RateBeer.com!!
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

from their facebook page

Date Saturday, June 5, 2010
Time: 11:00am - 12:00pm

The Travel Channel will be making a stop on Beer Corner USA this Saturday to do a special segment on the Reuben Sandwich while they are in town this week to film the "Omaha Strip Steak Challenge".

After some research the folks at the Travel Channel's Food Wars concluded that the Crescent Moon's "Blackstone Reuben" is the BEST Reuben sandwich in all of Omaha! Plus, with our proximity to the Blackstone Hotel where the Reuben all started, they thought it would be a great story to show while talking about great local Omaha foods and the places people should go to enjoy them.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

We've been there a couple times since moving, and my wife swears the Reuben is awesome.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote:After some research the folks at the Travel Channel's Food Wars concluded that the Crescent Moon's "Blackstone Reuben" is the BEST Reuben sandwich in all of Omaha! Plus, with our proximity to the Blackstone Hotel where the Reuben all started, they thought it would be a great story to show while talking about great local Omaha foods and the places people should go to enjoy them.
Had the Reuben last night and it was Awesome!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I forgot to mention this.  I saw it a few weeks ago when we were eating there and I think the put it on FB too.  I Can't wait!

Crescent Moon Reuben Fest!

A range of Reubens

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121026/G ... scent-moon
OWH Staff writer Sarah Baker Hansen wrote:If you’re in the mood for some kraut and corned beef — and with this weather, who isn’t? — you’re in luck because this weekend is Reuben Fest at the Crescent Moon.
OWH Staff writer Sarah Baker Hansen wrote:The rest of the menu includes a bunch of riffs on that classic sandwich: A smoked corned beef brisket Reuben sandwich served on marble rye with sauerkraut; a spicy California Reuben burrito, which includes shredded, seasoned corned beef stuffed in a tortilla with cooked diced potatoes, cheese, onions, peppers and cilantro; and a fresh ground corned beef burger, which is a patty made from ground hamburger and corned beef served on a pumpernickel Kaiser roll with the diner’s choice of cheese and toppings.

Two more special sandwiches will be available only on the weekend. Friday features the Reuben Calzone, a baked Bierock made with marble rye dough and filled with corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Saturday, the Moon will serve Reuben Pizza with a marble rye thin crust and topped with the usual toppings.

[/u]
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Reuben Fest is awesome!

The Smoked Corn Beef Reuben is Fantastic!  The other two were really good too, but the Smoked Corn Beef is a step above the others.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

New menu starting today at the Crescent Moon!
Crescent Moon wrote:New menus for the Ale House Grill! Stop in and try one of our new items today!

New items include:

• Smoked Reuben
So popular during our Reubenfest we decided it needed to be on our menu everyday!! Our traditional Reuben with a twist. Slow smoked corned beef brisket with marble rye, Swiss cheese and our special smoked sauerkraut.

• Guac On The Moon Burger
Topped with a generous portion of fresh house-made guacamole, pico de gallo and Queso fresco. That's one small step for guacamole one giant leap for burger-kind!

• Mexican Chicken
Charbroiled 6oz breast topped with a generous portion of fresh house-made guacamole, pico de gallo and Queso fresco.

• Barnyard Burger
Topped with shaved ham, a fried egg and a slice of American cheese.

• Prime Rib Melt
Thinly sliced, slow roasted prime rib, topped with caramelized onions, Swiss and American cheese on sourdough bread.

• Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Our extra large flour tortilla filled with grilled, diced chicken breast smothered in our own Buffalo wing sauce, shredded cheese, lettuce, black olives, onions, bacon bits, drizzled with our house-made dill ranch. Served with your choice of side.

• Thai Chicken Wrap
Our extra large flour tortilla filled with grilled, diced chicken breast tossed with Thai peanut sauce, lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, green peppers and onions with fried won ton strips. Served with your choice of side.

• Loaded Fries
A heaping platter of our skin on fries topped with onions, tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos, sour cream and a generous helping of our Queso sauce. Full or Half orders available.

• Chips & Dips
Our tri-colored corn chips Tortilla Chips with your choice of our house-made dips:
Salsa, Queso Dip or Guacamole
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Canwood Derby!

Crescent Moon wrote:For the first time in Beer Corner history, we are going to encourage cars and beer! Join us during Omaha Beer Week 2013 for our Canwood Derby! You don’t have to be a Boy Scout to enter this competition, but for those looking to earn a craft beer "merit badge", and some serious bragging rights, build your car and bring it to the Crescent Moon on Wednesday, February 20th... everyone else, just come and watch the fun!

We will have two different racing divisions; a 12oz and a 16oz. Make your craft beer derby car at home and bring it in for the event. Pinewood Derby Kits are available at Canfields or the Boy Scouts of America, Mid-America Council. Each derby car must use a Pinewood Derby Kit.

• The first heat race will begin at 7pm!

• Cars cannot weigh over 6 ounces and must be built using an entire American Craft Beer Can.

• If your Craft Beer Can Derby Car is built using a Tallgrass or a Thunderhead beer can you will receive your first Tallgrass or Thunderhead beer on us!

• No domestic (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc.) or imported cans will be allowed.

• All cars must pass inspection to qualify for the race. Inspection will begin at 6pm and will end ten minutes prior to the start of the competition.

• No can cars may be altered after passing inspection.

· Cannot weigh over 6 ounces. The reading of the official scale will be considered final.
· The maximum overall length shall not exceed 7 inches.
· The maximum overall width (Including wheels and axles) shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
· The minimum width between the wheels shall be 1 ¾ inches so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track.
· The can must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
· The can may be shaped any way you want.
· The can must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
· No liquids or loose materials of any kind are permitted in or on the car.

• If a car jumps the track or leaves its lane, the race will be run again. If the same car jumps the track or leaves its lane a second time, that car will automatically lose that race.

• If a car becomes damaged and can be repaired in a reasonable amount of time (a few minutes) the race will be run again. If not, the damaged car will automatically lose that race.

• Kelly Lohrmeyer from Tallgrass Brewing Company will also be on hand for the event.

• Beer prizes from Tallgrass & Thunderhead Brewing Company will be awarded!!

http://www.BeerCornerUSA.com
http://www.OmahaBeerWeek.com

Follow us on Twitter @BeerCornerUSA
Follow us on Instagram @BeerCornerUSA

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jerry's, Crescent Moon to celebrate return of Storz beer

Cara Pesek: World-Herald staff writer wrote:Beginning at 4 p.m., Crescent Moon customers who buy Storz Triumph, Gold Crest Amber and Mugs Pale Ale will get to keep the commemorative Storz glass it’s served in.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Who's Ready!!!

cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Brad wrote:Who's Ready!!!

This is a top 5 weekend in Omaha IMO. Love some Oktoberfest. My mug is ready for tonight.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

cp jay 07 wrote:This is a top 5 weekend in Omaha IMO. Love some Oktoberfest. My mug is ready for tonight.
Mine too!  All I need to do is set up for the Art Fair at Aksarben Village then I am off to the moon!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Friday was the most crowded I have ever experienced!  I heard Saturday was even busier!  It was a perfect weekend weather wise.
Brad
City Council

Re: Crescent Moon Ale House, Beertopia, Huber Haus

Post by Brad »

Crescent Moon made list of "America's 100 Best Bear Bars 2014"

http://ow.ly/so3UZ
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

What's a bear bar? Sounds interesting.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Oops, my bad.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

:cheers:

Great Beer Story!

The $18 bottle that only the most serious Omaha beer fans know about

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140109/G ... know-about
Casey Logan / World-Herald staff writer wrote:
Except he didn't really leave. When this reporter exited with a beer of lesser demand, he found bearded yellow jacket waiting outside.

Since you're not getting a bottle, he offered, would you mind buying me a second? It will be a little more than $18, he said, holding out a crisp $20 bill.

“You can keep the change.”
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Here is an $18 bottle of beer I had for New Years Eve: Deschutes Class of '88 Belgium Style Ale
Deschutes Brewery and Goose Island Beer Company, both founded in 1988, have come together to create a Belgian-style ale to celebrate their shared silver anniversary. This beer is the third and final in Deschutes Brewery’s Class of ‘88 collaboration series, which celebrates the anniversary of craft breweries around the country that were founded in 1988. This beer aged in decade-old Muscat oak barrels for nine months - completing in perfect time for a 2013 holiday release.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

Is that Deschutes still available? That sounds really good.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I would think you could still find it around. I have seen the Class of '88 that was released in May still on the shelves. This one was released in December.
BPHusker
Home Owners Association

Post by BPHusker »

Coyote wrote:I would think you could still find it around. I have seen the Class of '88 that was released in May still on the shelves. This one was released in December.
Where did you see it? I'd like to give it a try.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

BPHusker wrote:
Coyote wrote:I would think you could still find it around. I have seen the Class of '88 that was released in May still on the shelves. This one was released in December.
Where did you see it?  I'd like to give it a try.

Stony Brook Hy-Vee, and a few other Hy-Vees, probably at Beertopia...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Awesome News!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Crescent Moon soon open on Sundays

http://www.omaha.com/article/20140117/G ... on-sundays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andrea Kszystyniak / World-Herald staff writer wrote:
The Reuben-sized hole in your Sunday afternoon has just been filled.

The Crescent Moon will soon be open on Sundays. The bar hopes to add the new hours sometime in early February, but an official start date has not been confirmed.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Polish Fest 6/14 Noon to Midnight.

Always a good time!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The kitchen is closed this week for Remodeling so they are going to have food trucks at the moon all week.

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Awesome idea!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

With the two way conversion there is no more parallel parking on Farnam in front of these businesses.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Is no... Or will be no? That haven't started converting the road yet have they?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:Is no... Or will be no? That haven't started converting the road yet have they?
Is and will be.

They have the double yellow painted past Beer Corner.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

But apparently 36th is one way north to Dodge so you can park on both sides of the street.

BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

I noticed the other day that the had also started to put up new traffic signals along this stretch as well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

ReubenFest 2014 - Nov 3 at 11:00am to Nov 9 at 10:00pm
Mark your calendars and make plans to join us again to celebrate all things Reuben!! Yes, that means our 3rd Annual ReubenFest is coming!

Starting Monday, November 3rd, and ending on Sunday, November 9th during our regular kitchen hours we will be serving up not only our award winning Blackstone Reuben and our very popular Smoked Reuben, but several other variations and twists on this Omaha original, first created just a few steps from Beer Corner USA at the Blackstone Hotel!

ReubenFest 2014 Menu:

Available All Week (Monday, November 3rd - Sunday, November 9th)
• Our famous Blackstone Reuben
• Smoked Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich - Our traditional Reuben with a twist. Introduced at the first ReubenFest in 2012, it was so popular it became a year-round menu item! Slow smoked corned beef brisket with marble rye, Swiss cheese and our special smoked sauerkraut.

(Please note that some special ReubenFest items will be in limited supply and may run out if gobbled up by popular demand)

• Spicy California Reuburrito - Fashioned after a burrito in San Diego with the Omaha touch. Our cooked to tender corned beef shredded, seasoned and stuffed in one of our extra large flour tortillas with cooked diced potatoes, cheese, onions, peppers and cilantro.
• Fresh Ground Corned Beef Burger - We blend fresh ground hamburger with fresh ground corned beef to create a unique burger that we are sure you will enjoy. Served on a pumpernickel Kaiser with your choice of cheese and toppings like all of our burgers.
• Reuben Poutine - NEW this year! A Reuben twist on the Canadian classic comfort food! House fries covered with generous chunks of slow roasted corned beef, Swiss cheese sauce, a dollop of kraut served with a side of Thousand Island.
• Reuben Dip - NEW this year! The perfect Reuben appetizer, enjoy this creamy blend of cheeses loaded with tender chunks of corned beef & kraut served warm with fresh corn tortilla chips.

Available Friday, November 7th Only
• Reuben style "Calzone" (Bierock) - Fresh marbled rye dough filled with our famous corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut blend. Baked into a steamy, crusty delight that is sure to satisfy.

Available Saturday, November 8th Only
• Reuben Pizza - A fresh marble rye dough stretched thin and topped with all the usual Reuben fare.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Reuben Fest! My favorite Week of the Year!

The last two years have been great, I can't wait to try year #3!
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Had the regular Reuben tonight as this was the first time I've tried their's and wanted the real thing. Was pretty good, although it was a little different than I'm used to as they slow cook it, which gives it a more smokey flavor. I was told the calzone and pizza are the best out of everything. Definitely gonna need to check those out Friday and Saturday!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Where you there tonight too? That place was PACKED!!! We ended up sitting in the Huber Haus.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

Yeah, got there around 7:30 and sat at the bar.