Crescent Moon wrote:
For the first time in Beer Corner history, we are going to encourage cars and beer! Join us during Omaha Beer Week 2013 for our Canwood Derby! You don’t have to be a Boy Scout to enter this competition, but for those looking to earn a craft beer "merit badge", and some serious bragging rights, build your car and bring it to the Crescent Moon on Wednesday, February 20th... everyone else, just come and watch the fun!
We will have two different racing divisions; a 12oz and a 16oz. Make your craft beer derby car at home and bring it in for the event. Pinewood Derby Kits are available at Canfields or the Boy Scouts of America, Mid-America Council. Each derby car must use a Pinewood Derby Kit.
• The first heat race will begin at 7pm!
• Cars cannot weigh over 6 ounces and must be built using an entire American Craft Beer Can.
• If your Craft Beer Can Derby Car is built using a Tallgrass or a Thunderhead beer can you will receive your first Tallgrass or Thunderhead beer on us!
• No domestic (Bud, Coors, Miller, etc.) or imported cans will be allowed.
• All cars must pass inspection to qualify for the race. Inspection will begin at 6pm and will end ten minutes prior to the start of the competition.
• No can cars may be altered after passing inspection.
· Cannot weigh over 6 ounces. The reading of the official scale will be considered final.
· The maximum overall length shall not exceed 7 inches.
· The maximum overall width (Including wheels and axles) shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
· The minimum width between the wheels shall be 1 ¾ inches so the car will clear the center guide strip on the track.
· The can must have 3/8” clearance underneath the body.
· The can may be shaped any way you want.
· The can must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
· No liquids or loose materials of any kind are permitted in or on the car.
• If a car jumps the track or leaves its lane, the race will be run again. If the same car jumps the track or leaves its lane a second time, that car will automatically lose that race.
• If a car becomes damaged and can be repaired in a reasonable amount of time (a few minutes) the race will be run again. If not, the damaged car will automatically lose that race.
• Kelly Lohrmeyer from Tallgrass Brewing Company will also be on hand for the event.
• Beer prizes from Tallgrass & Thunderhead Brewing Company will be awarded!!http://www.BeerCornerUSA.comhttp://www.OmahaBeerWeek.com
Follow us on Twitter @BeerCornerUSA
Follow us on Instagram @BeerCornerUSA