Black Eyed Peas at the MAC

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:30 p.m.

This is a nice event for the Mid America Center. So many entertainment options in the metro. :)
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Nice 'get' for Mid America Center!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Hey - if anyone goes & gets close to the stage, maybe you'll be lucky enough to take a pic of Fergie peeing her pants! If you don't know what I'm talking about, Google it.

D
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

The MAC seems like it would be too small for them. I would have thought if they were going to do the Metro, they would go for the Qwest. Weird.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Looks like they are playing alot of smaller venues on this leg of their tour... including some 'performing arts' centers (that would be cool to hear them in the Holland Center)... so the MAC would seem to fit the bill perfectly.
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

LOL... consider her Miles Davis.

-Big E
Stable genius.
djc311
Parks & Recreation

Post by djc311 »

Miles Davis - ROFL!!!!!! :o
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Saucey!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

I hear you, Jeff.

I think the Holland would be an AMAZING stop on a lot of touring groups schedules. We all know how amazing the accoustics are, but I think national touring acts may be going through a period of booking more "intimite" shows, as in auditoriums and PAC's, not arenas.

Case in point, I just saw Damien Rice and Fiona Apple up in Minneapolis at Northrop Auditorium on the UM campus. I was in the nose bleed section, but still closer than I might have been in an arena. Great show.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

The W-H review of the Black Eyed Peas concert Sunday at the Mac:

'At Sunday night's concert, the Black Eyed Peas blew their audience away.

After the Peas entered to a fanfare, they roused the crowd with a head-bobbing, booty-shaking number that sounded a lot like their hit single "Hey Mama," but was switched up to soul, R&B and dance groves with "Disco Club."

Performing for an appreciative, pumped audience, the Peas turned the arena out with an entertaining musical circus. Not a moment went by that the 6,000 people in the audience weren't dancing, singing or bobbing their heads like bobble dolls.'..

The complete W-H story link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1458&u_sid=2249239

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!