Orchestra Omaha FREE Concert! Oct 8th

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mwegener
Home Owners Association

Orchestra Omaha FREE Concert! Oct 8th

Post by mwegener »

Oct 8th at West Hills church @ 3:00. can't beat it if it's free. a little about Omaha Orchestra:

The orchestra was formed in 1998 and is recognized as a not-for-profit organization by the State of Nebraska and the Internal Revenue Service.

From 1998-2001 Rev. Steven Grant served as Conductor and Music Director of the Omaha Municipal Orchestra. After Rev. Grant moved to Florida, Dr. Christopher Stanichar took over as Music Director and conductor from 2002 through the 2005 season at which time he left to focus on the UNO orchestra program.

In June 2006 the name of our ensemble was changed from the Omaha Municipal Orchestra to Orchestra Omaha. Also, Mr. Ken Meints was named as Music Director after a year long search from a field of very talented applicants.

The 2006-2007 season represents the 9th season of concerts for our orchestra.

The performances are presented at West Hills Church, 82nd and Hascall.

Orchestra Omaha is an orchestra of volunteer/amateur musicians. The players are dedicated to performing great music at a high level of proficiency. The orchestra also has a mission to provide a venue for Omaha area soloists to gain experience and bring great works to our audience. All concerts are performed without cost to the audience.

The Orchestra is actively recruiting players, primarily strings and double reeds. All interested players should contact 402-561-8295 or e-mail info@orchestraomaha.org

I would go but I have to work:(( If anybody goes let me know how it was

Mark
http://www.omahaculture.com
Omahaculture@cox.net

WEEKLY PODCAST - Subscribe for FREE! Via ITunes or OMAHACULTURE.LIBSYN.COM.  You don't need an IPod ask me how