Marcus Majestic Cinema (144 & Maple)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

MTO
City Council

Marcus Majestic Cinema (144 & Maple)

Post by MTO »

Flickfest 2006 will be held on Wednesday November 15th at 7pm....doors open at 5pm.

They will be showing free movies counting you get your free tickets ASAP. Good movies too such as Blazing Saddles one of the best movies of all time.

http://kfab.com/pages/Flickfest2006_Omaha.html
15-17, 26, 32
nativeomahan
County Board

Re: Marcus Majestic Cinema (144 & Maple)

Post by nativeomahan »

I always wondered why they called this theatre 20 Grand when it only has 19 screens....
mwegener
Home Owners Association

Post by mwegener »

The reason why it's called the 20 Grand with only 19 screens is when it was built the 20th theater was supposed to be motion activated with moving seats and the such.  Douglas did the math and it would have cost over 300,000 dollars just for that one theater so they scrapped the idea.

That's why my friend always calls it the 19 Grand.
http://www.omahaculture.com
Omahaculture@cox.net

WEEKLY PODCAST - Subscribe for FREE! Via ITunes or OMAHACULTURE.LIBSYN.COM.  You don't need an IPod ask me how
Greg S
City Council

Marcus Majestic Theatre

Post by Greg S »

Is the first Marcus theatre to have an reopening date in Nebraska. June 19.

https://www.marcustheatres.com/reopening
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Last weekend on Grow Omaha they mentioned that the theater capacity was greatly reduced when they went to recliners and not the old school movie theater seats. Because of that they don't need need all the parking and are going to create some pad sites in the parking lot for new construction.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Brad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 am Last weekend on Grow Omaha they mentioned that the theater capacity was greatly reduced when they went to recliners and not the old school movie theater seats. Because of that they don't need need all the parking and are going to create some pad sites in the parking lot for new construction.
That would make sense. Not need for all that parking way out by 144th. I believe Marcus owns a lot of the theaters they have (as opposed to renting).
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I prefer Marcus theaters. My favorite one is their Twin Creek theater location down in Bellevue.. But I’ve been to movies at this Maple St location many times over the years and have had good experiences..

Can’t wait to start seeing cinema on the big screen again once it’s safe to do so...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Best Picture Film Series at Marcus Majestic Cinema of Omaha and Twin Creek Cinemas
Feb 24 at 11:00AM - Mar 12 at 7:00PM
Marcus Majestic Cinema of Omaha

Experience the Best Picture nominees on the BIG screen at Marcus Majestic of Omaha and Twin Creek cinemas from February 24 through March 12.

Need to catch up on the nominated films before the Oscars on March 12? Marcus Theatres and Movie Tavern are proud to showcase this year's Best Picture and Short Film nominees!

Experience this season's best films on the BIG screen at Marcus Majestic of Omaha and Twin Creek cinemas from February 24 through March 12. And, new this year is an electronic passport that provides access to the entire Best Picture lineup for $40 -- a $30 savings if you were to purchase the films individually.

Dates: February 24 - March 12, 2023
Locations: Marcus Majestic of Omaha Cinema and Marcus Twin Creek Cinema