Twisted Fork Grill & Bar (former Butsy le Doux's)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

SarahEatsOmaha
Home Owners Association

Twisted Fork Grill & Bar (former Butsy le Doux's)

Post by SarahEatsOmaha »

Does anyone know if they are closed permanently or temporarily?

Oh, never-mind.  OWH Dining Notes: Butsy le Doux's closes, Texas-inspired restaurant to replace it.  That stinks... their blackened shrimp taco's were the best.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I only went to Busty le Doux's, once and I really liked it, however Jazz is getting all the pub these days.  Sounds like I will have to try this new place out.
NICHOLE AKSAMIT WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Restaurants Inc. - the Omaha group that operates Stokes Grill & Bar, HuHot Mongolian Grill, Old Country Buffet and Genji Japanese Steakhouse - is working quickly to put a new concept there.

John Ursick, executive chef at Stokes, said the idea for Twisted Fork is one he and Restaurants Inc. partner Gayle Carstens have been kicking around awhile.

Ursick said the concept draws design inspiration from some Dallas restaurants he's visited. And the menu is "cowboy cuisine/comfort food" that ropes in some not exactly Southwestern dishes he has offered as specials at Stokes.

Examples: a 22-ounce ribeye with Tabasco onion rings and sweet potato crème brulée; lasagna; cast-iron-pot cobblers; and fried chicken made with his grandma's recipe.
SarahEatsOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by SarahEatsOmaha »

I will admit I was very intrigued by the sound of sweet potato crème brulée.  :yes:
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

Stopped in Twisted Fork briefly on Saturday.  Apparently they opened last Tuesday.  I think they're on to something, even if they have a few kinks to work out.

We're trying it for dinner tonight (after I double check that they are open), so I'll get a review up shortly after that.

-Big E
Stable genius.
SRT84WD
New to the Neighborhood

Post by SRT84WD »

Just got back from lunch.  Great service and atmosphere and food was good and prompt.  Will definitely be back.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

does anyone have a picture of it?  I'm trying to figure out just which building it is but i'm having trouble finding anything online...and for some reason i'm not able to pull up the assessor's website
Go Cubs Go
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

thenewguy wrote:does anyone have a picture of it?  I'm trying to figure out just which building it is but i'm having trouble finding anything online...and for some reason i'm not able to pull up the assessor's website
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

thank you sir!
Go Cubs Go
onehunglow
New to the Neighborhood

Post by onehunglow »

i ate there twice this past weekend.  it's my new favorite restaurant in the old market.  food was amazing both times!!!  first i had the BBQ burger with sweet potato fries.  best burger i've ever had and i've had a lot of them.  sweet potato fries were amazing as well.  the second time i went with a chef and another friend.  he wanted to check it out.  he got the roast beast (roast beef) as he called it and i got the salmon tacos.  again, both dishes were excellent!  very, very impresses with this new restaurant!!  while we were eating, the house chef came out and talked with people that were dining asking how they were doing and how the food was.  this is a sign of a good eatery.  highly recommend and i know my stuff  :D
DTO Luv
City Council

Post by DTO Luv »

I'm going to check it out over lunch today.
DTO
onehunglow
New to the Neighborhood

Post by onehunglow »

DTO Luv wrote:I'm going to check it out over lunch today.
we want the full-on unbiased opinion DTO.  i think you'll like it
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

onehunglow wrote:

DTO will walk in an not like it just because there is a wall or a table in a funny place... Ask him about the Mattress Factory.  He and the the1wags walked in, looked around fro about .0001 seconds and DTO said "I don't like this place".
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:
onehunglow wrote:

DTO will walk in an not like it just because there is a wall or a table in a funny place... Ask him about the Mattress Factory.  He and the the1wags walked in, looked around fro about .0001 seconds and DTO said "I don't like this place".

:lol:  :lol: ..

This is true..I saw that one in person as I was there as well..

I happen to like Mattress Factory..Although their service is a bit suspect..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

A co-worker of mine ate at the Twisted Fork this week for dinner to celebrate her birthday.  She said the food was very good.  I think she said she had brisket.  She liked the atmosphere and the menu.

I look forward to trying it, along with about 20 other places on my "to try" list.
onehunglow
New to the Neighborhood

Post by onehunglow »

i believe it's owned by the same cats that own stokes
omaharichard
New to the Neighborhood

Post by omaharichard »

onehunglow wrote:i believe it's owned by the same cats that own stokes
True story. I worked at Butsy LeDoux's for two and a half years before it closed.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Twisted Fork Grill & Bar (former Butsy le Doux's)

Post by Coyote »

Twisted Fork and Tallgrass Brewing Beer Dinner
Thursday, January 23, 2014. 7:00pm

Hey Omaha, check out this badass Beer Dinner at Twisted Fork in Omaha. January 23rd, tickets are $39, hurry before they are all gone!! Call 402-932-9600 for tickets
http://restaurantsinc.net/twistedfork/

Buck’s Fried Pickles with Pub Ale

Thai Coconut Chicken Soup with Velvet Rooster

Maple Marinated Boneless Pork Chop with polenta, collared greens, and a maple syrup glaze, with 8 Bit Pale

Chocolate Crème Brulee with St. Germaine Infused Whipped Cream, with Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

It seems I left y'all hanging since my 2008 post about wanting to try this place. We did get there for dinner a few years back. We really weren't impressed with it. Mediocre food and atmosphere. There are so many better places to spend your money in the OM.
EastCB
Library Board

Post by EastCB »

I took my son and daughter-in-law there for their anniversary. None of us were impressed with the food. Not bad but nothing to make us want to return!
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

My response was exactly the same. Nothing that impressed, in fact I thought it was weird that burgers only come with kettle chips which were overly greasy and not fries. There are definitely many other "better" options for dining in the old market.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

same here except sometimes when I get in a "gotta have some meatloaf" kind of mood, Twisted Fork's is decent. But still, the more I think about it, still not great.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
RNcyanide
Planning Board

Post by RNcyanide »

I got some manner of white fish there once. While it was cooked well and didn't taste half bad, the filet was very skimpy. I find their atmosphere and seating to be worse than their food. Their booths are very uncomfortable and their tables are laid out weird. The curtain that I assume hides the kitchen could really be replaced by a wall.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.

The Bride
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Went to the Twisted Fork over the week end. It was kind of Twisted alright. For my appetizer I had the Asparagus Croistini which was 6 stale rock hard baguette bread slices with a little picante sauce spread on top. Could not taste even a hint of Asparagus. The only thing Asparagus about that appetizer was the name on the menu. Had the French dip with a side salad. The French Dip was fair at best and the salad was ok but skimpy. The desert was a total joke. I ordered the Molten Lave Cake for 5.95 and when it comes its a cup cake that has been taken out of the wrapper and microwaved and then turned upside down with 1 scoop of ice cream on top. Hope that chef didn't go to cooking school to learn how to make that. Bathroom was smelling nice and ripe too. I would stay out of there if you know whats good for ya.
Ebburkrevus
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Ebburkrevus »

Went here for Valentine's Day a few years back and the seating is pretty bad. Made reservations, but still had to wait for 15-20 minutes. The food was decent, but not worth the prices they were charging.

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Went to the Twisted Fork over the week end. It was kind of Twisted alright. For my appetizer I had the Asparagus Croistini which was 6 stale rock hard baguette bread slices with a little picante sauce spread on top. Could not taste even a hint of Asparagus. The only thing Asparagus about that appetizer was the name on the menu. Had the French dip with a side salad. The French Dip was fair at best and the salad was ok but skimpy. The desert was a total joke. I ordered the Molten Lave Cake for 5.95 and when it comes its a cup cake that has been taken out of the wrapper and microwaved and then turned upside down with 1 scoop of ice cream on top. Hope that chef didn't go to cooking school to learn how to make that. Bathroom was smelling nice and ripe too. I would stay out of there if you know whats good for ya.
lonnie
Library Board

Post by lonnie »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:Went to the Twisted Fork over the week end. ...
Had the French dip with a side salad. The French Dip was fair at best and the salad was ok but skimpy. The desert was a total joke...
@GRANDPASMUCKER I see you enjoy a good French Dip sandwidth, give Lazlo's on 192'nd a try:

"FRENCH DIP thinly sliced prime rib, melted monterey jack and au jus (one side). Add sautéed mushrooms, onions and/or green peppers at no additional charge. $10.89"
http://www.lazlosbreweryandgrill.com/pd ... _Omaha.pdf

The sliced prime rib is first class, the "au jus" is a little plain to my taste, but it does not overpower the prime rib.

If you want desert, give the apple crisp a try.

Top quality food at a fair price. My wife and I usually go there once a week.