Einstein Bros. Bagels

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Einstein Bros. Bagels

Post by Coyote »

A brainy invasion
Omaha World Herald wrote:Einstein Bros. Bagels is boiling up plans for three to five locations in the Omaha market by 2010. The company is part of Colorado-based Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, a fast-casual bakery conglomerate that owns or operates more than 500 outlets in the United States.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

I was wondering when they might expand into the Omaha market.  I remember seeing them all over the place when driving through Colorado.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I'm pretty sure we sell Einstein Bagels in the bakery section at SuperTarget...or at least they used to.
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE EINSTEIN BAGELS!!!.  I never thought I see the day when they came to Omaha.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

I've been eating their bagel sandwiches once or twice a month since the 80s'-----good stuff.  The only downside is that they're only open for breakfast and lunch.  I think they close around 5 P.M..
SabrinaFaire
Home Owners Association

Post by SabrinaFaire »

The hubby will be happy, he likes them. I think Panera's bagels are much better though.
gisbuxfan
Library Board

Post by gisbuxfan »

This will be great for Omaha...typically I can only get to an Einsteins Bagel while I am in airports. Have there been any rumored locations spilled yet?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote:I'm pretty sure we sell Einstein Bagels in the bakery section at SuperTarget...or at least they used to.
They may have at one time - I was at my Papillion SuperTarget today to look - but their only 'fresh' bagels are now their Archer Farms brand.
tommy316
New to the Neighborhood

Post by tommy316 »

That would figure!!!! That Papio Target SUX!!!!!!!! I swear that every time they carry something I truly enjoy (Einstein's for example) after about 6 months they dump it or swap it with Archer Farm cr@p. I can still get the products at other Target locations, but for some reason they don't carry it at the Papio location.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Please!!!Please!!! Put in Einstein's at the soon to be closed Starbucks in Papio (either location, don't care).

I really miss Einstein's, I used to go there during lunch all the time in AZ.
jwench
New to the Neighborhood

Re:

Post by jwench »

gisbuxfan wrote:This will be great for Omaha...typically I can only get to an Einsteins Bagel while I am in airports. Have there been any rumored locations spilled yet?
I'm usually all over the Omaha area and I could've sworn I saw a coming soon sign for Einstein's up around that shopping center around 136th or so and Maple - it'll be right in front of Panera so I wonder how that will work
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Re: Einstein Bros. Bagels

Post by NovakOmaha »

We have them here in Detroit. I went once when we first moved here & it wasn't very good. A year or so ago I, for reasons passing understanding, tried again. And again, not impressed. Two different stores, freestanding so not in a target or whatever.

Boring bagels.

How about instead of a chain give Bagel Bin a try? Keep the money local?
Greg S
City Council

Re: Einstein Bros. Bagels

Post by Greg S »

NovakOmaha wrote:We have them here in Detroit. I went once when we first moved here & it wasn't very good. A year or so ago I, for reasons passing understanding, tried again. And again, not impressed. Two different stores, freestanding so not in a target or whatever.

Boring bagels.

How about instead of a chain give Bagel Bin a try? Keep the money local?
I like Einstein Bros. Good coffee. They are all over KC. That being said, I do like the bagels at Bagel Bin better.

Greg