Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

thanks for the heads up - science cafe!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Brad wrote:Lucky Bucket on WOWT Channel 6 any min now!
Good story, I wish I would have known about the Slowdown Event!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Lucky Bucket is going to start bottling their IPA this week - expect it to hit the stores in a few weeks.

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Awesome!  I am on a huge IPA kick right now!  Bring on the Hops!
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Brad wrote:Awesome!  I am on a huge IPA kick right now!  Bring on the Hops!
Me too. The New Belgium Ranger IPA is pretty good.  :cheers:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

the1wags wrote:
Brad wrote:Awesome!  I am on a huge IPA kick right now!  Bring on the Hops!
Me too. The New Belgium Ranger IPA is pretty good.  :cheers:
And Mighty Arrow is back for spring!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

And they're off:

Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Lucky Bucket Brewing Company wrote:IPA launches in stores, such as beertopia, Brix, Whole Foods, HyVee, Mr. Butts and more on Thursday, May 6. Drink up!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Lucky Bucket Lager 12 packs hit the store shelves today and tomorrow. HyVee  ordered about 10 pallets.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

At the rate this thing is growing, do they have enough room at that brewery?  This beer has been literally exploding in popularity this past year.
Hoop
Home Owners Association

Post by Hoop »

I would think the Brewery space will be good for some time, they may need warehouse space for finished product and supplies though.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

OmahaJaysCU wrote:At the rate this thing is growing, do they have enough room at that brewery?  This beer has been literally exploding in popularity this past year.

I'd love to see a downtown brewery if even only on a small scale.  I think it would do very well.
Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

nebport5 wrote:
OmahaJaysCU wrote:At the rate this thing is growing, do they have enough room at that brewery?  This beer has been literally exploding in popularity this past year.

I'd love to see a downtown brewery if even only on a small scale.  I think it would do very well.
umm, what do you call Upstream?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

They started off with just one bay there but quickly the took up the one next to them - and that is pretty full. So they may in the future need more storage space.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Ben wrote:
nebport5 wrote:

a joke.
omahayum
New to the Neighborhood

Took the Lucky Bucket Tour

Post by omahayum »

Took the Lucky Bucket Tour - Great time
Read the review on my blog

http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/06/lu ... -2010.html
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

nebport5 wrote:
Ben wrote:
nebport5 wrote:

a joke.

Honestly, I meant it would be cool if LB had a brewery/retail front downtown, I bet Upstream could handle the competition.  Instead of a suburban Zestos in North Downtown, I'd rather have a Lucky Bucket Brewery that could become a new CWS institution and having the exposure to people from all over the country can't hurt future distribution either.

So when can I get my hands on this Evil beer?  IPA not for me.

Btw, Costco is now selling the LB Lager by the case.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Lucky Bucket's 1st Annual Beer & BBQ!!!

Start Time: Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 7:00pm
End Time:   Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 12:00am
Location:    At the Lucky Bucket Brewing Company & Solas Distillery  
Street:       11941 Centennial Rd Suite 1 (2 blocks South of 120th & Giles)
City/Town: La Vista, NE

Come help us celebrate our first summer here at the brewery! We’re partying outside behind the brewery and we’ll have a DJ, backyard games, award winning Baby Back BBQ vendor, and of course the Best Beer around! All we’re missing is you!! (: FIRST DRINK IS ON THE HOUSE :)

Advanced ticket prices: 1 for $15 2 for $22 At the Door: $20 per person. Tickets can be purchased at Lucky Bucket or over the phone in a “Will Call” style @ 402-763-8868 (ask for Holly)

* TICKET SALES WILL BE LIMITED SO DON'T DELAY!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Are you driving back to Omaha for that? :;):
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Thinking about it. 8)
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

nebport5 wrote:Honestly, I meant it would be cool if LB had a brewery/retail front downtown, I bet Upstream could handle the competition.  Instead of a suburban Zestos in North Downtown, I'd rather have a Lucky Bucket Brewery that could become a new CWS institution and having the exposure to people from all over the country can't hurt future distribution either.
I couldn't agree more.  Now all we need are some investors...
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Seth wrote:
nebport5 wrote:Honestly, I meant it would be cool if LB had a brewery/retail front downtown, I bet Upstream could handle the competition.  Instead of a suburban Zestos in North Downtown, I'd rather have a Lucky Bucket Brewery that could become a new CWS institution and having the exposure to people from all over the country can't hurt future distribution either.
I couldn't agree more.  Now all we need are some investors...

keep drinking!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

From Facebook:
Joss Vodka wins Double Gold at the San Francisco International Spirits Competition. Pick up a bottle (or two) today
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I saw that and was going to post it - until I found out it was for their fancy bottling - but they did win a bronze for their vodka in March.
omahayum
New to the Neighborhood

Lucky Bucket Tour Review

Post by omahayum »

Lucky Bucket Brewery 6-24-2010
Omaha Yum wrote:Had a little fun on the way home from work tonight. I stopped at the Lucky Bucket Brewery and took the tour. Yes I said it, we have a production Brewery in town and they give tours. The tours are on Thursday from 4pm to 7pm and Saturdays from 10am to 1pm. They are 30 minute tours and run about every 45 minutes. The Lucky Bucket Brewery address is 11941 West Centennial Road in LaVista.

Now if all that wasn't enough to get you excited. On the same trip you will get to tour the Solas Distillery, which is located in a separate section of the same building. Solas distills JOSS Vodka and they are in the process of making a Rum and Scotch Style Whiskey.
Check out my blog for the rest of my review:
http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/06/lu ... -2010.html
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

According to the Manager at Goodnights Pizza in North Downtown, He said the guys from Miller Brands said there is a Lucky Bucket Shortage right now.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

Brad wrote:According to the Manager at Goodnights Pizza in North Downtown, He said the guys from Miller Brands said there is a Lucky Bucket Shortage right now.

So a guy from Miller is says the competition doesn't have enough beer? I don't see any evidence of that.  I was at LB last week and they gave no such indication of a current shortage but made reference to past shortages.  

Also said Certified Evil should be out in a couple weeks!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebport5 wrote:
Brad wrote:According to the Manager at Goodnights Pizza in North Downtown, He said the guys from Miller Brands said there is a Lucky Bucket Shortage right now.
So a guy from Miller is says the competition doesn't have enough beer? I don't see any evidence of that.  I was at LB last week and they gave no such indication of a current shortage but made reference to past shortages.  
Miller is the distributor of Lucky Bucket.  Miller distributes a good amount of the craft brews in the Omaha area.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

well that's different then Brad.  Keg form, bottles or both?  Every store I walk into seems to have a large display of 6 packs.  Costco even has it now.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

nebport5 wrote:well that's different then Brad.  Keg form, bottles or both?  Every store I walk into seems to have a large display of 6 packs.  Costco even has it now.
They were out of the Keg.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebport5 wrote:Also said Certified Evil should be out in a couple weeks!
I have had Certified Evil at the Brewery and it is good.
It is supposed to be out the week of Oct 11th.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Certified Evil is being bottled right now - expect it out soon.

camps
New to the Neighborhood

Post by camps »

I thought they sold Certified Evil in 22oz Bombers.  Those look like 12oz bottles.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

I think I remember the owner saying on a tour this summer that they didn't have time or labor anymore to bottle and cap those big bombers by hand. The new size bottle allows automation. Now the Disclaimer: the tour was during CWS (along time ago for the accuracy of my memory) and I had had more than a few of the free brewery samples by the time he told us this.
My son got a 27 on his ACT. No this score is not as high as what Jeff's son achieved. But one has to remember the paternal gene-pool my son has to overcome. On a PGPAB [Paternal Gene-Pool Adjusted Basis], my son's score is a 37 and Jeff's son's PGPAB ACT score is 19.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Solas Distillery wrote:Dear Joss Vodka fans,

We're putting on our first Joss Vodka Infusion Class here at the distillery. We're keeping it small and intimate, and space is limited. Spots will fill up based on first come, first serve. Contact us by email, holly@solasdistillery.com, or call to reserve your spot today. (402-763-8868)

Sunday, November 21, 2:30p ~ 4:00p

(Your infusions will be ready for your holiday gatherings)
Includes: A tour of the Solas Distillery, 1 bottle of Joss Vodka, Samples of Joss Vodka and not yet released Chava Rum, samples of the 3 infusions you'll be making - in a cocktail, recipe cards and step by step instructions.  $50 per person    
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

We are proudly hosting our Whisky Futures event on Friday, November 19th.

Be the first to sample the Sòlas Single Malt Whisky. We'll also sample our upcoming Chava Rum, along with Joss Vodka and have light appetizers. Cocktails and a selection of our Lucky Bucket beers will be available to purchase.

We are offering futures of our Sòlas Single Malt Whisky prior to the 2013 release. There are only 136 cases available and they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Currently, the whisky has been aged a year in a three-year process.

Secure Your Spot: RSVP@SolasDistillery.com

* Your $10 cover will be applied towards your purchase price of your Sòlas Whisky case(s).
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Food and Wine Magazine:
40 Big Food Thinkers 40 and Under

Food and Wine Magazine wrote:Zac Triemert: Craft Distiller
Triemert, 36, helped rewrite Nebraska's Prohibition-era liquor laws to open the doors to craft brewers and spirits distillers alike. He makes his vodka, Joss, with organic Nebraska wheat and filtered water from the Ogallala aquifer; his barrel-aged, Cuban-style rum is set to be released this fall, followed by a Scottish-style single malt whiskey next spring.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

I'm all for it.  We have a number of wineries springing up, so why not distilleries?
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Nice!