Zesto - Blatt Beer & Table (12th and Mike Fahey)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

If you're talking Wrigleyville, wait until somebody puts seats on the roof of one of those "Mixed Use"<tm> buildings. :)
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Lets drop the Wrigleyville comparisons for a few decades, were not even remotely close.  We do kick their |expletive| when it comes to parking stalls though.
byrdrules
Home Owners Association

Post by byrdrules »

nebport5 wrote:...but Cubs fans are the worst.
I like this guy.
(I'm a White Sox fan.)
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

nebport5 wrote: I'm indifferent to baseball and the teams but I'll say Wrigleyville is the most densely populated collection of stupid drunk a-holes I've ever seen.
You must not have made it down to North Avenue Beach then.
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

lnkS wrote:
thenewguy wrote: how so?  with the amount of foot traffic shown in the pictures and its proximity to a b aseball stadium, as well as the developments that are now around the park, it reminded me of wrigleyville...only that there arent as many businesses or people (less dense).  was it that i reported poeple i know thinking it is "awesome"?  its what they said...  ill coach them on how to give a more fun and in depth review of an establishment.

didnt realize you were the authority on kick |expletive| endorsements for the forum.
No, I just really dislike Wrigleyville.

I guess I needed a smiley as I did not mean to personally insult you or your acquaintances.  Unless you are someone who frequents Wrigleyville and enjoys it.  Then, I hope you are very insulted.  :;):

sorry, didnt mean to jump the gun.  and for what its worth, cubs fans are some of the world's finest people.  ;)
Go Cubs Go
S33
County Board

Post by S33 »

If we're to use Philiadelphia as a gague on how "behaved" Cubs fans are, they are one miracle short of sainthood.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

I thought I had heard Mike Kelley (owner of the Zesto's property) discuss that they could add a third floor deck as well.  The scoreboard will obstruct the view, though...
charlie123
Home Owners Association

Post by charlie123 »

I went to the Zesto Blatt Beer & Table this past weekend.  Pretty nice place.   I didn't make it to the upper deck, but heard nothing but positive. It would be cool if it did have the 3rd floor..or perhaps was a bit bigger.  Great concept, hope it does well throughout the year.   It would be nice to see it expand/grow, etc.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:

nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

It's a great facility.  I don't know how they're going to keep from turning over staff.  It's got to be a ghost town as of today.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

nebport5 wrote:It's a great facility.  I don't know how they're going to keep from turning over staff.  It's got to be a ghost town as of today.
I bet a few swim fans made their way over.
nebport5
Planning Board

Post by nebport5 »

iamjacobm wrote:
nebport5 wrote:It's a great facility.  I don't know how they're going to keep from turning over staff.  It's got to be a ghost town as of today.
I bet a few swim fans made their way over.

Well sure, but compared to the past week...Good service industry people aren't going to stand for feast and famine.  The unfortunate byproduct of this is poor service.  Myself and others here have experienced bad service consistently in North DT.  And that sure as h e l l doesn't make locals want to come back when there's not big events going on.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I know what to expect when it come to CWS service.  I am waiting another two weeks to give the restaurant a real shot.
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

Business has obviously slowed down, but within two weeks, they will be releasing their regular menu.  I think this will be what ends up determining what the normal crowd is like.  If their limited CWS menu tells anything about how the food is going to be, I can't wait to taste the full menu.  

On top of the food, they have 24 craft beers on tap.  That's a draw in itself.  

Its obviously not going to be as busy as it has been for the past two weeks, but other restaurants have survived in the area for the past few years, I have no doubt that Blatt will make it as well.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

Yea, Im headed down for lunch today to check it out.  A few friends were very happy with the new menu.  I cant wait to try it myself.

Do yourself a favor if you stop by...get the honey roasted - chili peanuts (or whatever they call them).  They are glazed with this amazing combination of sweet and spice.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I went down there with the limited menu during the swimming trials and it was awesome.  Got some food and a beer that was 10.8 % alcohol on tap.  Looks like I'll be going back for those chicken and waffles and sausage stick.
guitarguy
Parks & Recreation

Post by guitarguy »

This place if they can execute the service properly has some serious potential after looking at the menu. It will have no problems attracting patrons who will come to this place frequently. This seems like a combination of the crescent moon and the downstairs beer hall and as you know its one of the best bars in town. Here's hoping they can pull it off would be a great get for north downtown!

Adam
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Garage door open, you can see the Riverfront Tower and the Bridge.

Salmon BLT (Lucky Bucket Pre-Prohibition)

Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Looks like Coyote is getting the new Omaha experience.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Linkin5 wrote:Looks like Coyote is getting the new Omaha experience.
Yes he is, and enjoying it immensely. Blatt and the French Bulldog are terrific additions to Omaha. I don't know where I am going next... Anyone have a suggestion? I am only in town (for a wedding) until Thursday. I am a fourth generation Omahan (!892) looking forward to the greatest food venue in the State and want to document it here.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

Coyote wrote:
Yes he is, and enjoying it immensely. Blatt and the French Bulldog are terrific additions to Omaha. I don't know where I am going next... Anyone have a suggestion? I am only in town (for a wedding) until Thursday. I am a fourth generation Omahan (!892) looking forward to the greatest food venue in the State and want to document it here.
My favorite place on my last visit was Lot 2 in Benson.  A group of us tried just about everything on the menu---lotsa' "oh my god this is good" comments around the table.  I'm not a big dessert guy, but the bourbon shake was killer.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Coyote wrote:
I'll suggest the new Roman coin on 49thand dodge, for someone who knows what was there before you will appreciate what they have done.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Is the Lids store still open here?  Tried to go there Saturday about 4 and it was closed (there was still merchandise inside).  Just called and the phone kept ringing.

Greg
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

Lids has different hours every day it sounds like. I believe they are open Monday-Friday regularly but the weekends depends on events at TDAP and Clink.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

It was weird because the CU baseball game was wrapping up when  I tried to go there.

Greg
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Greg S wrote:It was weird because the CU baseball game was wrapping up when  I tried to go there.

Greg
I hate that Lids and The Dugout made a tangible investment to North Downtown and then the city allows for all the tents to come in June and take business away from them.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I feel more for the Dugout.  Based on my experience Saturday and today (nobody answering phone there), Lids is half assing it....

Greg
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

Linkin5 wrote:
Greg S wrote:It was weird because the CU baseball game was wrapping up when  I tried to go there.

Greg
I hate that Lids and The Dugout made a tangible investment to North Downtown and then the city allows for all the tents to come in June and take business away from them.
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't a majority of the tents actually run by Lids and The Dugout?
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Was at the CU game Saturday, yet again Lid's wasn't open.  It was almost 90 out and Zesto's did not seem to be either.  The only thing going in the building was the Blatt Beer and Table.....

Greg
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Greg S wrote:Was at the CU game Saturday, yet again Lid's wasn't open.  It was almost 90 out and Zesto's did not seem to be either.  The only thing going in the building was the Blatt Beer and Table.....

Greg
You have to go inside to order Zesto's.  Don't know what Lids deal is.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Inside the Blatt?  I went inside and did not see any sign of Zesto's.  Is it different during the CWS?  We were trying to get a couple shakes and gave up.

Greg
cp jay 07
Human Relations

Post by cp jay 07 »

For the Series the back window is open, for other events I believe you just go in and order from a server at Blatt.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Yeah you just order the Zesto's from a server inside for 50 weeks a year.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

They have been adding a permeant structure on their back patio.  Looks like they wont be needing a tent for the CWS from now on.
iamjacobm
City Council

Re: Zesto - Blatt Beer & Table (12th and Mike Fahey)

Post by iamjacobm »

Garage doors added to the rooftop.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

The Blatt party room is getting a $110k renovation.
ita
County Board

Post by ita »

Downtown Omaha Zesto moves even closer to TD Ameritrade Park
Dan Crisler
The downtown Zesto ice cream shop is making a slight move from the south side to the north side of the Blatt Beer & Table building owned by Mike Kelley and three other managing partners. That places it right across Mike Fahey Street from TD Ameritrade Park, a more visible location than Zesto has had for the past decade after the series moved downtown.
With fans set to return at 100% ballpark capacity, Kelley expects them to come out to Zesto in droves. The CWS typically provides the shop with 30% to 40% of its annual revenue.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

This is a great move for Zesto, I always thought their little walk up window on the south side of the building was strange.