Zesto - Blatt Beer & Table (12th and Mike Fahey)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

thenewguy wrote:I know the area needs more foot traffic...but slowdown/goodnights area was hoppin last night
Pretty big show at Slowdown last night.
the1wags
County Board

Post by the1wags »

Terrible name. I hear "Blatt Beer" and think of something along the lines of old and flat Keystone draws. Shitty flat beer isn't what I'd want to come to mind for a restaurant.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I really like the name.

Greg
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo Update:

nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Thanks for the update.  Coming along nicely.  Anyone know when the target completion date is?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Couple photos from the stadium

Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I was wondering on the completion date as well.  Was there last night and it seems like they still have a lot of work to do.

Greg
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

If they don't get it done by June 1 so they can hire and train staff they might as well wait until 2013.
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

nativeomahan wrote:If they don't get it done by June 1 so they can hire and train staff they might as well wait until 2013.
I'd anticipate that they'd still bring in quite a bit for UNO and Creighton...The Matt is always PACKED before those games...
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

But Goodnights isn't.....

Greg
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Greg S wrote:But Goodnights isn't.....

Greg
I think that mostly has to do with their food sucking and comparatively high drink prices.
Seth
Parks & Recreation

Post by Seth »

Linkin5 wrote:
Greg S wrote:But Goodnights isn't.....

Greg
I think that mostly has to do with their food sucking and comparatively high drink prices.
My wife and I have always enjoyed their salads, but beers are a bit pricey.  I wouldn't call it sucking, though.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I don't mind their food, but their service needs a lot of work.  

I am going to guess their service would be better if the bartender could see the whole bar at one time.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

Ben
Human Relations

Post by Ben »

are they attempting to have this place fully completed for this year's CWS?  That's going to be awfully tight, as while the outside looks relatively complete, there appears to be nothing but sheetrock on the inside so far...
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Ben wrote:are they attempting to have this place fully completed for this year's CWS?  That's going to be awfully tight, as while the outside looks relatively complete, there appears to be nothing but sheetrock on the inside so far...
Seriously, it would be a chore to open up for the CWS with no time to work out the kinks.

Just checked their facebook page and they are hiring with training starting the 28th.
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

iamjacobm wrote:
blueblood wrote:The East corner of the building is visible from home plate inside TD.  Any idea what is inside of that part of the building? Its almost a small version of the buildings at Wrigley. I know that is a stretch but you should be able to see play in TD from inside the building.
No way you will be able to see the field from the deck.

What you you mean inside?  The ground floor will have the Zesto's and Lids shops and the 2nd is an open air party deck.
Talked with a person involved with the project. If you stand on the roof of the building you can see the entire infield. If the scoreboard was not there you could see the whole field. There is talk of adding stairs to the roof to make this available.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

The brick work (colors and pattern) is my favorite of any building in that neighborhood.  It's going to be a great looking place.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

I think they'll be fine for the opening the interior is the quickest part to finish.  With that said we'll see how the food and service fairs with this quick start; I definitely have faith in the investors.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

blueblood wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:
blueblood wrote:The East corner of the building is visible from home plate inside TD.  Any idea what is inside of that part of the building? Its almost a small version of the buildings at Wrigley. I know that is a stretch but you should be able to see play in TD from inside the building.

What you you mean inside?  The ground floor will have the Zesto's and Lids shops and the 2nd is an open air party deck.
Talked with a person involved with the project. If you stand on the roof of the building you can see the entire infield. If the scoreboard was not there you could see the whole field. There is talk of adding stairs to the roof to make this available.
I stand corrected I suppose.  It really didn't seem tall enough from the 2nd floor to see up and over the outfield concourse.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

ricko wrote:The brick work (colors and pattern) is my favorite of any building in that neighborhood.  It's going to be a great looking place.
Agreed!  Some signage and landscaping and this place is going to be very cool
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

iamjacobm wrote:
blueblood wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:

I stand corrected I suppose.  It really didn't seem tall enough from the 2nd floor to see up and over the outfield concourse.
I think he's referring to the 3rd floor.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
blueblood
Home Owners Association

Post by blueblood »

Not trying to correct anyone, just something I thought could be really cool. The way the build out stands the patrons will not be able to see the field. BUT, if you stand on the unfinished roof you can see the entire field except the scoreboard is in the way. The infield is all visible. Thus the owners could and might put stairs going up to the roof so you can do that. Our own little Wrigley field. Kinda cool.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Do they have an opening date set yet?

Greg
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

Greg S wrote:Do they have an opening date set yet?

Greg

Their facebook states employee training start May 28th and opening early June, but no defined opening date..
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Sidewalks being put in today.
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

I got the opportunity to walk through this place this week...its going to be awesome.  This will be THE place to be if you are not in the stadium.  

The atmosphere will be amazing since the patio is on the same level as the outfield seats, and its just right across the street.  The beer selection is going to be great, and during the CWS their food will be a great alternative to the usual junk around special events.  It sounds like a couple of nights of live music are in the works, it should really be a blast.  

This is where you will find me during the series!
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

FrontlineOmaha wrote:I got the opportunity to walk through this place this week...its going to be awesome.  This will be THE place to be if you are not in the stadium.  

The atmosphere will be amazing since the patio is on the same level as the outfield seats, and its just right across the street.  The beer selection is going to be great, and during the CWS their food will be a great alternative to the usual junk around special events.  It sounds like a couple of nights of live music are in the works, it should really be a blast.  

Sounds great.  The best thing about this area is that I have a feeling every CWS will be featuring a new attraction by the stadium for the foreseeable future.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Linkin5 wrote:
FrontlineOmaha wrote:I got the opportunity to walk through this place this week...its going to be awesome.  This will be THE place to be if you are not in the stadium.  

Sounds great.  The best thing about this area is that I have a feeling every CWS will be featuring a new attraction by the stadium for the foreseeable future.
That is a great point, hopefully 2013 we can count on the brewery and maybe a surprise apartment building.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

They put up two signs for Blatt Beer and Table.  They are on the higher part facing 12th st and Mike Fahey St.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

skinzfan23 wrote:They put up two signs for Blatt Beer and Table.  They are on the higher part facing 12th st and Mike Fahey St.
They look good.

Also the city need to re-stripe 12th Street.  The new diagonal parking on 12th infront of this building stick way out into the old lane require turning into the center lane.  Could create some issues.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Photo from Saturday Morning:
thenewguy
County Board

Post by thenewguy »

Glass up top or open garden the whole way around?
Go Cubs Go
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Thanks Brad.  Its looking great!
FrontlineOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by FrontlineOmaha »

The top is open air (on most sides).  The Northwest side has a wall with a door for the fire escape, and the south side has a wall that contains a bar with walk in cooler and a fire exit/stairs to main level restaurant.  The upstairs patio is probably about 50% covered by a canopy as well.  

I think they are planning on doing live music up there a couple of nights during the CWS.
cdub
Parks & Recreation

Post by cdub »

FrontlineOmaha wrote:The top is open air (on most sides).  The Northwest side has a wall with a door for the fire escape, and the south side has a wall that contains a bar with walk in cooler and a fire exit/stairs to main level restaurant.  The upstairs patio is probably about 50% covered by a canopy as well.  

I think they are planning on doing live music up there a couple of nights during the CWS.
I'm not sure theyd want to compete with the Matt on the music.  Nobody is supposed to have music going during the games anyway.  
The building is looking great.  They got their liquor permit from the CC yesterday.
derog
Home Owners Association

Post by derog »

the1wags wrote:Terrible name. I hear "Blatt Beer" and think of something along the lines of old and flat Keystone draws. |expletive| flat beer isn't what I'd want to come to mind for a restaurant.
It makes me think of "Bleat."

[youtube][/youtube]
Big E
City Council

Post by Big E »

It makes me think of Blart.

Stable genius.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

It's a great name.  We're meeting at the 'blatt then going to the game.

Greg
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

The Zestos signs went up on the northwest and southeast corners of the building.