Omaha Reality TV show - The Super

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

Omaha Reality TV show - The Super

Post by nebugeater »

So HDTV is available on Dish network.  The channel was started by Mark Cuban.  Not sure what other carriers carry it besides Dish, I know there are otehrs but I do no think it is on COX.   There is a show on it that I saw once some time back called The Super.  I saw one episode around the first of the year and then kind of forgot about it.  Now the network has been rebranded and is going by AXS.tv  I have seen a couple of shows recently and it is like watching a train wreck.  The show follows Dave Paladino who is the "landlord" for a bunch or run down house.  Apartments and Single family homes.  I believe he work for the Landmark group as a Manager.  The episode I just saw deals with the city inspecting and condemning the Colbert Apartment building and what they were trying to do in three days to keep those from getting evicted.  The one other episode I saw at the first of the year dealt with some people killing chickens in the commons area of a complex and the chickens were being raised in the apartment.

Has anyone else caught this?  Not the best spin on Omaha.  It looks from the web site like there will be a season 2 coming soon.   There are also some clips highlighting the show.

http://www.axs.tv/programs/the-super/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I clip from Youtube from the chicken episode

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

What kind of amuses me is that the term "super" for an apartment manager is very seldom heard in the Omaha area.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

Omababe wrote:What kind of amuses me is that the term "super" for an apartment manager is very seldom heard in the Omaha area.
I have lived in several areas of the country and seldom heard that term anywhere.
christine100
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Omaha Reality TV show - The Super

Post by christine100 »

I have watched this show for a few weeks now, the properties they let out are uninhabitable. People should not be living in them. Dave Paladino is taking the rent and not doing any repairs. He calls a lot of his properties houses but they are no more than a shed. He is putting people that are claiming benefits into these unfit properties so that he can make his money. And as for his workers , everytime someone new starts they bully him until he leaves as they are in their own clique. He claims to want to help people but he won't let them off with being behind on even one months rent. He won't let them try and pay it off. He just wants them evicted to put someone else in the house.
Thank goodness i don't live in America because i wouldn't want him as a landlord.
AnnaBr776
New to the Neighborhood

Post by AnnaBr776 »

I find this show disgusting. They are making a hero out of one of Omaha's biggest slumlords. Of course, they are going to have trouble with these tenants, they rent to the disabled, poor and dysfunctional, knowing that they are the least likely to report problems. Omaha needs to tighten up their housing regulations so people like this can't be landlords here.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Shorts & dad-sized white socks. Finest kind. Stay classy!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Omaha landlord and storage unit owner Dave Paladino dies in Iowa plane crash

https://omaha.com/news/local/omaha-land ... 4d83f.html
Alia Conley, OWH wrote:An Omaha property and storage business owner who sparked several debates at City Hall died Thursday in a small-plane crash in Iowa, his brother said Friday.

Dave Paladino, 54, and a young relative were killed in a plane crash in Lamoni, Iowa, just before 8 a.m. Thursday. Lamoni is located near the Iowa-Missouri border, about 145 miles from Omaha and straight south of Des Moines.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

An aviation safety guy on YouTube states that based on witnesses, etc, the crash happened due to a botched go around procedure after a bounced landing.

[youtube][/youtube]
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum