General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Coyote
City Council

2013 wish list

Post by Coyote »

1. Shamrock development on Capitol.
2. Development of North Downtown
3. Development of Aksarben Village/ UNO sports.
4. Greater North Omaha Development
5. Burlington Station progress.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation

Post by ShawJ »

Is the transportation study supposed to be done this year? If so, I hope we hear some good news out of that. It'd also be nice to hear something about the master plan for the western portion of downtown.
omadweller
Home Owners Association

Post by omadweller »

1. Seeing western downtown/eastern midtown nice and connected to each other with redevelopment.
2. Expansion of wide trails for bikes and more with more connections between the Papio and Keystone trails and others.  The Keystone north of Aksarben Village is a nice current model with how the trails are going under intersections to keep you going without needing to slow down while crossing streets like 72nd at grade.
3. Southport filling out.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

The connection between the north-south Papio lake trail and the big papio trail through deer ridge neighborhood.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

My hope is for infill downtown where there are parking lots, and further announcements for the Joslyn district.  Also, hope streets has a good year but stops posting here.
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

1. Shamrock development on 10th.
2. Mid-sized local company moves from the burbs to downtown.  Tons of suburban HQs announced and u/c would really like to see some one come downtown.
3. Very positive news from the Transportation Alternatives Analysis.  Pick a plan and get someone in DC to get us funding.
4. Little Italy infill.  Still a lot of empty lots prime for apartment buildings.
5. North Downtown, anything.  Would like an apartment project, but I don't have much hope for anything soon.
6. Crossroads revamp.  Still seems unlikely, but it is a wish list.
7. New construction in Benson.  I would think a 40 unit building would sell out in a heartbeat near the main drag.
8. Midtown Crossing not having a single empty retail bay.
9. Old Market infill.  Two great projects in 2012.  I don't see a reason why the new 3 floor building couldn't be replicated on every single surface lot and not sell out.
10. 16th Street momentum.  Some changes on the way, hope to see some positive growth here.
11. Harney St. Bikeway, would be an awesome addition to downtown/midtown.
12. Burlington Station finds a use, maybe as a distillery/brewery.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Linkin5 wrote:My hope is for infill downtown where there are parking lots, and further announcements for the Joslyn district.  Also, hope streets has a good year but stops posting here.
More Mort, less Streets.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum