Homeless Cats

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Homeless Cats

Post by mrsticka »

Are there any parts of Omaha that have a lot of homeless cats running around, like near downtown or in North Omaha?  I live on North 48th a couple blocks north of Adams here in Lincoln and there are a lot of cats in the area.  I don't know if they have owners or not but I've seen my fair share of them.  So are there any parts of Omaha like that?
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

When I lived in the Bemis Park area we had quite a few strays/ferals wandering about. This was quite a while ago. I know someone in the Benson area who regularly puts food out for cats and has had various other animals (raccoons, etc.) partake of the goodies.

Out in the exurbs the farm cats sometimes wander into the housing areas as well.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Omababe wrote:When I lived in the Bemis Park area we had quite a few strays/ferals wandering about. This was quite a while ago. I know someone in the Benson area who regularly puts food out for cats and has had various other animals (raccoons, etc.) partake of the goodies.

Out in the exurbs the farm cats sometimes wander into the housing areas as well.
I kinda figured Benson would have lots of cats wandering around.
omadweller
Home Owners Association

Post by omadweller »

When I lived in C.B. there were a lot of strays in the old historic part of town. A couple of different neighbors adopted cats into their homes permanently. I used to put food out for one. Thinking back I should have just caught it and gotten it its vaccinations.