This is really good stuff…..

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

ricko
Parks & Recreation

This is really good stuff…..

Post by ricko »

I find myself asking friends and people at work about their thoughts on products they like, especially if it's a good deal----I've found some great stuff that way. I thought it would be kinda' neat to share some ideas on stuff we like-----any product (food, hardware, automotive, hobby related stuff, sports equipment, clothing, whatever).

1) Wilson Leather Outlet Store---I don't know if you have one there, but if you go in the Summer, they have amazing deals---no one buys leather jackets in the Summer. I've found really nice leather jackets for as little as $29.

2) Air fares---If you are planning a vacation, especially overseas, the best fares are after Labor Day thru early November, but only if you leave on Tues., Wed., Thurs., and return on the same.

3) Trader Joe's---I'm not crazy about all of their stuff, but I find myself buying certain items there all the time. Their: House wines (Charles Shaw---not exactly the best wine, but at that price point, it can't be beat.), House Organic Mayo, Tuscan Panne Bread, House Organic Vegetarian Chili (not a vegetarian, but it's really good), House Turkey Chili, Triple Ginger Snaps (the crack of cookies), House Cinnamon (and pretty much all the spices I've tried there), Dried Basmati Rice, organic cheeses, Wild Salmon Oil capsules--100 for $8 (doctor's orders), House oatmeal, and I think that most of their prepared frozen foods are much better than average.

4) Cree LED soft white lightbulbs--available in 40w, 60w, and 75w---this new generation of LED's are just like incandescents---they're much more expensive, but they use about half the power of fluorescent bulbs and last forever (as an experiment, I've had a 40w turned on constantly, except for vacations, for the last 14 months---still going strong)---I've only seen them at Home Depot.

5) Thorlo running socks---the best I've found.

6) Bose bookshelf speakers---especially designed for home computers----they somehow manage to wrangle decent fidelity from my hard drive---paid less than $100 for the pair.

7) Matting and framing supplies at Michael's---not the best selection, but good prices.

8) Dollar Store stuff---most of it is cr@p, but I usually find myself going there for one thing and walking out with six---especially stuff like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, sponges, liquid hand soap, cleaning supplies, wrapping paper, tchotchkes.

9) Woot.com

10) Wimp.com

11) Engrish.com