Omaha.com??? Is it me or you?

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Omaha.com??? Is it me or you?

Post by NovakOmaha »

Ok, so Novak, the ol' road warrior, wants to check in. I dutifully type in Omaha.com, and, well, nothing happens.

Did the rag forget to pay their electric bills or did they just shut down? Orrr, is it me? OR, did something happen to Omaha?

Started this morning.

Greetings from Indiana, by the way. Indy is a great town.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I have been to omaha.com all day.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

I am traveling this week and have had this happen too. Most ff the time I use a link that is saved and have no problem. Wheb=n I travel and get to a guest computer I type it in. About 75% of the time this week when I type in EOMAHA.com I get a message that the site does not exist. Try an hour later on the same PC and everything is OK. Other times when I travel I have not seen this. Started right away on Monday

(Greensbro NC by the way)
Zephyr
Human Relations

Post by Zephyr »

I can access the site, but am unable to read any of the stories.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Bugeater... they're talking about -OMAHA-.com ... but that brings up a good point. eOmaha.com is second only to Omaha.com in down time! :P I don't know what the World Herald's problem is... I have an excuse at least.

(notice the downtime here comes most often after 3:30pm... when my kids are logging on to XBox/Live, other online games... sorry)
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Well, I guess if I had a need to go to OMAHA.com I may have fig that out!! :lol: All I need when on the road is here!

Sorry about the confusion, but what I stated about here is accrate too although all seems to be working now
FatGuy
Home Owners Association

Post by FatGuy »

Jeff,

I did not realize that eomaha was contingent upon you and your family's computer. I guess I do not understand the full capacity of your position. Anyway, I just want to thank you for all the work that you put into this thing. I know I check eomaha multiple times a day, and always look forward to newposts. Thanks again.[/quote]
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

Thanks for the kind words... I appreciate you all taking time to frequent the site!

There is a very capable server dedicated to the task of hosting eOmaha.com... however, given this is nothing more than a non-profit hobby for me... the server is hosted through my home cable modem... which is also serving the needs of other PC's in the household (ie my son's playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live... my daughter downloading the latest rap music... me actually doing work from home... etc, etc). :)

All things considered... the site is actually fairly responsive.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Haha, awesome! I'm pretty impressed with that!
OmahaRules
Library Board

Post by OmahaRules »

Your son any good at Halo2? I play on Xbox live all the time, not like that really has to do with anything..... I love eomaha.com haven't found another Omaha site I like better!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Still having problems

Post by NovakOmaha »

Greetings from West Bloomfield, Michigan. Still can't even bring up the Omaha.com home page. Anyone else having problems?

By the way, it isnt just on my notebook. Also on a couple of the desktops at our office here. Weird.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

I was also for a while both on my laptop and desktop about an hour ago.

BTW if anyone is still having registration pop-ups try this:
http://www.bugmenot.com/
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

jhuston wrote:
(notice the downtime here comes most often after 3:30pm... when my kids are logging on to XBox/Live, other online games... sorry)
Can you tell them to wait until 4:30, otherwise I will have to actually pay atention at school :lol: