A-Hole Ticket Scalpers in Omaha

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

A-Hole Ticket Scalpers in Omaha

Post by Brad »

Anyone ever had any problems with the ticket scalpers in Omaha?

I was Completely shocked at what happened yesterday. I got the the CenturyLink Center about noon. I dropped off most of my camera gear and computer. I took my camera and a couple of lenses and walked over to DJ Sokol, shot Volleyball, headed across the way to Morrison and shot Soccer. On the way back I was approaching the Clink, camera in hand, credentials around my neck, and one of the scalpers said "Anyone have extra tickets". Since I didn't have any I kept on walking. I get right next to one of the scalpers and he says "F_ck you then. I didn't want any of your F_ckin tickets anyways". What??? I kind of look back at him as I am still walking, and he says "You too good to even look at me when I am asking for tickets?". I just kept walking.

This was about an hour before the game, the normal traffic control officers were not even there yet. I wonder if the same thing would have played out if they were there.

There was another situation before the Motley Crew concert that I witnessed, I am not positive the guy was a scalper or not, but I will just say he didn't look like a Motley Crew fan and he didn't act like he was going to a concert. For whatever reason he was in the lobby and security asked him to leave. This was well before the concert even started. This guy just had a complete melt down on security. He was absolutely belligerent towards them. He finally left but wow.

The Creighton Scalper was probably in his 40's, the Motley Crew guy was probably in his late 20's or early 30's.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: A-Hole Ticket Scalpers in Omaha

Post by nebugeater »

Not a surprise. If you watch who they are the same core group are at the Omaha and Lincoln events. I have not had the message you were given but i have been "talked to" when you don't even acknowledge they are there.

It really got to me when for Husker Basketball games of hold at the Bob they would lie to a visiting team fan telling them the game was sold out and then try and rape them for,price when you could walk to the windo and get fairly decent tickets for face
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Wow, that's low.
skinzfan23
City Council

Post by skinzfan23 »

nebugeater wrote:Not a surprise.  If you watch who they are the same core group are at the Omaha and Lincoln events. I have not had the message you were given but i have been "talked to" when you don't even acknowledge they are there.  

It really got to me when for Husker Basketball games of hold at the Bob they would lie to a visiting team fan telling them the game was sold out and then try and rape them for,price when you could walk to the windo and get fairly decent tickets for face
I have witnessed the same for Bluejay games at the Link. There were a few games two years ago when I had an extra ticket and was trying to sell it for face or below, but the scalpers were still trying to sell way above face and telling people that the game was sold out even though there were tickets available.

I have not had any of them say anything to me though when I walk by. Usually I just don't make any eye contact or I say no thank you. I know that if they did say something like that I would definitely yell back at them.
Candleshoe
Human Relations

Post by Candleshoe »

My favorite exchange was with a kid about 17 or 18, all dressed out in his finest gangsta wear, standing cattycorner from the CLink at a Neil Effin Diamond concert.

"Hey! I got tickets, you need tickets? Outstanding seats!"

"No thanks, we have tickets..." I responded.

"You wanna sell 'em?" he replied without missing a beat.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Makes me want to go down there and just harass and annoy them.
twiztid1
Home Owners Association

Post by twiztid1 »

They have even approached me at Lancer games in Ralston. I've never had a negative experience at any venue though.
HskrFanMike
Parks & Recreation

Post by HskrFanMike »

Did the same thing to me prior to the UNO hockey game Friday night. I ignored him walking up because I didn't need tickets, then he started giving me the attitude for ignoring him.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

HskrFanMike wrote:Did the same thing to me prior to the UNO hockey game Friday night.  I ignored him walking up because I didn't need tickets, then he started giving me the attitude for ignoring him.
Wow, What are they doing out there for UNO Games? UNO hasn't sold out a game since 1/13/2012. And the only other somewhat full game since then was 2/1/13 against Michigan Tech.

I always come in the back or side doors so I didn't even know there were out there. They must be buying extra tickets for next to nothing and then selling them below face value?