Buffett Driveway

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

lisanstan
Library Board

Buffett Driveway

Post by lisanstan »

The driveway entrance to Buffett's home was removed today from Farnam St. Now it's just a grassy median. The only entrance is on 55th St. This was the first year I noticed cones blocking the driveway during the BH meeting. it was also the first year I had seen so many people parked on side streets and standing in the driveway taking pictures.
GetUrban
Planning Board

Re: Buffett Driveway

Post by GetUrban »

Mr. Buffet has the most news-worthy driveway in the world, apparently. It's funny how many people drive-by or even get out and walk around his house, hoping to catch some wealth on the fly, or maybe catch a glimpse of the Oracle himself or overhear some sage advice. Or maybe they're thinking some cash will escape from within if someone happens to open a door. I think the relatively modest house itself offers some advice on how to build/accumulate wealth.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

Does he really live there? I thought it was just a PR prop.

I have always imagined some kind of Bond villain underground facility under that house. However it might not be that secure, he was in the underground facility at Offutt during the 9/11 attack. (look it up)
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Joe_Sovereign wrote:Does he really live there? I thought it was just a PR prop.

I have always imagined some kind of Bond villain underground facility under that house. However it might not be that secure, he was in the underground facility at Offutt during the 9/11 attack. (look it up)
I only seem to be able to find that factoid on 9/11 truther type websites.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

jessep28 wrote:

These people need to have their doctors lower the dosages on their meds. It was president George Bush that was underground at Offutt on 9-11. Why and for what possible reason would Buffett have been underground on 9-11? :roll:
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

I was wondering what they were doing, thought maybe they were installing one of those pop-up barricades that can stop speeding trucks or just grass. This is a good thing gawkers can really be in the way on that busy little street. And I was told he has a free-electron-laser-canon and photon-torpedoed hidden under his roof, just ask Alex Jones.
15-17, 26, 32
Joe_Sovereign
Library Board

Post by Joe_Sovereign »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
jessep28 wrote:

These people need to have their doctors lower the dosages on their meds. It was president George Bush that was underground at Offutt on 9-11. Why and for what possible reason would Buffett have been underground on 9-11? :roll:
He was holding a Charity Golf Tournament at Offutt on Sept.11, 2001 a number of top CEO's and celebrities were there as well. I don't think he was actually underground. They ended up not playing golf that day so he may not have even been on the base during the attack but he was scheduled to be there.

So that is all the proof it takes in the conspiracy world to make him a mastermind behind the attack.