charleston homes

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

nebugeater
City Council

charleston homes

Post by nebugeater »

Does anyone have any experience with building with or buying an existing home that was built by Charleston homes in the Omaha area that they would like to share? Looking at options for the future and a couple of options are Charleston homes. Don't know a lot about them other than what is on their own web site so thought I would ask here where someone always seem to have some good insight.

http://www.charlestonhomesomaha.com/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Stargazer
County Board

Re: charleston homes

Post by Stargazer »

My wife and I have looked at most of their (ranch) models around town. They certainly appear to be a step up in quality from the local, lower end builders, yet competitively priced.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Stargazer wrote:My wife and I have looked at most of their (ranch) models around town. They certainly appear to be a step up in quality from the local, lower end builders, yet competitively priced.

Thanks. That is kind of the same conclusion I am coming to. I like what I see and the cost seems to be close to what some of a lot less quality will want. I am Looking at a couple that they built that are existing homes tomorrow so I will have a chance to see what a home with a few years on it has aged that they build.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Pics/examples/dcassessor.com please...
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Are they only in two locations or is their website not up to date?
http://www.charlestonhomesomaha.com/mod ... locations/
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:Are they only in two locations or is their website not up to date?
http://www.charlestonhomesomaha.com/mod ... locations/

They have two developments that are 100% theirs and then they are building in some ares that are open to multiple builders.
Trips
Library Board

Post by Trips »

I bought a Charleston home back in 2009 when the $8,000 tax credit was going on. At the time new construction options were limited and with the tax credit I thought the price would be much higher. I was impressed that they did not raise the price because everyone was getting free money.

Construction was on time with less issues then I expected. When we did have an issue they came right over and fixed it. One time in a giant snow storm (Winter 09-10) that had 10ft drifts the owner came out. I did not know that that the heater exhaust had been covered by a snow drift. This was not their fault but they fixed it and showed me how to prevent it. Unbelievable service.

They worked with us on a few changes we wanted including traded a sprinkler system for not using a realtor.

The construction quality was very good for the price. I now live in a new home from the big quantity builder in town and there is a big difference. Charleston was much, much better. My current mass builder fixed nothing, followed up with nothing and I am pretty sure has broken laws in regards to runoff and blocking waterways. I have spent a lot of my own time and money on my current house to fix issues that Charleston would of not had and if they did would have taken care of right away.

Price: A
Quality: B (A for the price, I was not buying a $300k home)
Service: A+
Lot: A
Value: A
Floorplan: B- (Not their fault, and they would have made changes if I would have known what I wanted.)

Overall I would highly recommend for the value and service they provide.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Bought a FSBO home last week two days before we were going to sign the paperwork with the builder.

Now that I am going that route does anyone have a recommendation on a home inspection company to do a professional inspection before we close.