RCR Rodeo Logistics at CLCO

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Brad
City Council

RCR Rodeo Logistics at CLCO

Post by Brad »

I have never been to the River City Roundup Rodeo at the CenturyLink Center. But I saw this photo today on Twitter and it got me wondering...

How does the pen at the far south end of the Arena work (Left Side of Photo)? Is it just a holding area? Do they move animals through the arena between events? I went to the PBR once and they only had the pen up on the north side, where they are building the stage in this photo.

nebugeater
City Council

Re: RCR Rodeo Logistics at CLCO

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:I have never been to the River City Roundup Rodeo at the CenturyLink Center. But I saw this photo today on Twitter and it got me wondering...

How does the pen at the far south end of the Arena work (Left Side of Photo)? Is it just a holding area? Do they move animals through the arena between events? I went to the PBR once and they only had the pen up on the north side, where they are building the stage in this photo.

Haven't been to a lot of rodeo's but those pens on the left will be the release pins for some events. Every rodeo I have been to has the shoots for bucking on one end and the pens like you see on the left on the other end. Some events start from each end.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

Kind of related to this I guess. I would assume they don't have the ice in when they have this event. If they don't do they even bother installing it this year?
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:Kind of related to this I guess. I would assume they don't have the ice in when they have this event. If they don't do they even bother installing it this year?
Unless Disney on Ice or something like that is coming, I bet they don't install it. They will still install the hockey boards because they are a good strong crowd barrier. They can do the ice in a day or two so there would be no reason to throw it in until there is a need for it.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Kind of related to this I guess. I would assume they don't have the ice in when they have this event. If they don't do they even bother installing it this year?
Unless Disney on Ice or something like that is coming, I bet they don't install it. They will still install the hockey boards because they are a good strong crowd barrier. They can do the ice in a day or two so there would be no reason to throw it in until there is a need for it.

Maybe this year they should shoot for Disney on Dirt.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

Per Paul Hammel / World-Herald Bureau:
Aksarben Stock Show is moving to Grand Island after 89 years in Omaha
That's all she wrote. They didn't even have the parade this year. I worked parking this year and attendance was bleak. Hard to replace the "real" Aksarben. It'll boom in GI.