Riding off into the sunset...

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Riding off into the sunset...

Post by NovakOmaha »

I know you've seen these before. Sometimes they seem to leave and then they come back. Other times they stay away forever.

I first joined the Chamber board back in the 90's. I joined because I thought the board was a place for business people to share ideas and get help with business problems. I had a small business in Omaha at the time. It pretty much devolved into something along the lines of a teen chat room. Then when the Chamber did away with their board Jeff started Eomaha and a lot of us moved there. It was an exciting time, mainly with the Omaha Convention Center and Arena proposal. And now we have moved on to this board.

I've moved to Detroit in 2008 & my business no longer has ties to Omaha. I was last in Omaha last July for a weekend. I have no idea when or if I'll return. My contributions recently appear to be along the lines of "Well, back in the 70's..." I feel like a geezer and seriously don't think I have anything positive or productive to offer. In addition, I feel that I just don't have the desire to know what's going on in Omaha like I did when I first moved. Don't get me wrong. I was born & raised in Omaha and spent my first 50 years there. Having been gone 7 1/2 years I now take much more interest in Detroit goings on, and there are a lot of them.

I spend less and less time checking out this board and when I do visit this site I might spend a minute to two.

I wish everyone well and I will always have hopes for Omaha's continued success.
Brad
City Council

Re: Riding off into the sunset...

Post by Brad »

Sorry to hear that Novak. Always enjoyed your insight on things.

Take Care,
Brad
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Sorry to hear that Novak. Always enjoyed your insight on things.

Take Care,
Brad
Agreed. We haven't always seen eye to eye (even going back to the old Chamber Forum circus days).. But always found common ground.. Our passion for wanting what's best for the Omaha metro..

Take care old friend. Continue to lurk.. And drop in from time to time..

As always- Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Peace and farewell, and please lurk every so often or just come by to say happy new year...
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

I've always enjoyed your input, insights, and opinions, even though we may not have always agreed, especially on the loss of Jobbers Canyon. Thanks and best wishes to you and Detroit. I hope you'll check back in occasionally.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Garrett
County Board

Post by Garrett »

We'll miss you Novak. If you happen to vaguely overhear someone at a nearby table talking about something big for Omaha, be sure to let us know. :D
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
U R my Helix
Human Relations

Post by U R my Helix »

https://youtu.be/Qy9_lfjQopU <-- Click it you know you want to :yes:
Last edited by U R my Helix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation

Post by guy4omaha »

I've been mostly a lurker for the last several years as well. As such I've read and appreciated most all of your comments and perspective. Reluctantly approaching geezerhood as well here. Come back when you can. You will be missed.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
nativeomahan
County Board

Post by nativeomahan »

We will miss you, Novak. But I totally understand where you are coming from.