Seeking Host Family 2016-17 School Year

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Lindsey_M
New to the Neighborhood

Seeking Host Family 2016-17 School Year

Post by Lindsey_M »

Hello all! Checking to see if there are any families who would like to host a friendly girl named Fah from Thailand. Here is a bit that she has written about herself:

"Hello, my name is Fah. I am a bit quiet for the first time but talks much and opened-up after I start speaking. I get along with people easily. I love the music and sport. I usually play instruments in my free time. I love to talk with people and hang out with my friends. My hobbies are playing the instrument like drum, piano and guitar, watch the movies and play basketball. I am looking forward to learning American culture and staying with my host family." GPA: 3.90

What to know about being a host family:
Students will be 16 by the time they arrive, and can be up to 18. All that is required of a host family is a place to sleep and study, three meals a day, and a welcoming home. Students will have their own spending money and insurance, and will attend your local public high school. Placements can last anywhere from four weeks to 10 months, and families as well as students are provided with support from me (your Local Coordinator) throughout the entire exchange. If you are interested in hosting Fah, or any other of our great students, please feel free to reply, pm, or email me. I can answer any other questions that you may have at that time as well. Often times we can find students that will fit right in with your family's hobbies and interests.

The program is through a non-profit organization called CIEE, and you can find the 'Host Family Application' at:
http://usahs.ciee.org/HighSchool/HostFa ... ation.aspx. If you do apply, please let me know so I can answer any questions, and keep my eye out for the application. Thanks!
-Lindsey lindseyolsen83@gmail.com