Stamp Collection Value

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

omaproud
Home Owners Association

Stamp Collection Value

Post by omaproud »

My mother passed away a couple years ago, and I inherited her stamp collection. She was a postmaster in rural Nebraska so she got involved with the USPS Commemorative Stamp Club so most everything is in good shape and in albums. Anyone here know a reputable place/person to learn the value of the collection or where it could be sold? Thank you.
nebugeater
City Council

Re: Stamp Collection Value

Post by nebugeater »

omaproud wrote:My mother passed away a couple years ago, and I inherited her stamp collection. She was a postmaster in rural Nebraska so she got involved with the USPS Commemorative Stamp Club so most everything is in good shape and in albums. Anyone here know a reputable place/person to learn the value of the collection or where it could be sold? Thank you.

There is a stamp collectors show two or three times a year here in Omaha. At least there used to be. My mother in law inherited a similar collection a few years back and it wasn't something she wanted. I went with here to the show with it and we had various collectors look at it and make an offers. It seemed like we did OK selling it that way for what little I knew about the collection.

Sorry I cannot help more with the shows. It was at a hotel convention center over a weekend when we went.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

I took my dad's collection to Tuva Sports cards/memorabilia, by the Russel Stover's across from NFM. He took a look at the loose stamps as well as the albums. It wasn't worth much, as it was basically a kid's collection.

Good luck!
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

If you are still looking for a place to get your collection looked at I got this in the mail today.
Attachments
pg 2.jpg
pg 2.jpg (68.62 KiB) Viewed 611 times
pg 1.jpg
pg 1.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 611 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!