HyVee Mainstreet

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

HyVee Mainstreet

Post by mrsticka »

Here in Lincoln, there used to be a HyVee Mainstreet on 48th and Leighton. Last year, it closed. But sometimes I wonder something: What if the HyVee on 120th and Center was converted into a HyVee Mainstreet instead of closing and becoming a Baker's?
Brad
City Council

Re: HyVee Mainstreet

Post by Brad »

mrsticka wrote:Here in Lincoln, there used to be a HyVee Mainstreet on 48th and Leighton. Last year, it closed. But sometimes I wonder something: What if the HyVee on 120th and Center was converted into a HyVee Mainstreet instead of closing and becoming a Baker's?
It was closed, torn down, rebuilt as and Albertsons, and then switched to a Bakers when Albertsons left town.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

Brad wrote:
mrsticka wrote:Here in Lincoln, there used to be a HyVee Mainstreet on 48th and Leighton. Last year, it closed. But sometimes I wonder something: What if the HyVee on 120th and Center was converted into a HyVee Mainstreet instead of closing and becoming a Baker's?
It was closed, torn down, rebuilt as and Albertsons, and then switched to a Bakers when Albertsons left town.
Oh, right. Forgot about that.
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

I don't think the failure of the one in Lincoln helped the cause of the future ones as well.

There was some controversy when the Hy Vee in Lincoln closed, the Mainstreet one was meant to address that but I don't think the locals saw it as a suitable replacement.

Greg
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

That's not the impression I got. I live near there. Whenever I went in there, it was usually pretty busy. And when it was announced that it would close, the residents fought to keep it open, but unfortunately, to no avail.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

mrsticka wrote:That's not the impression I got. I live near there. Whenever I went in there, it was usually pretty busy. And when it was announced that it would close, the residents fought to keep it open, but unfortunately, to no avail.
Yeah, this location in Lincoln was by no means a failure, Hyvee just decided to ditch the concept in that location despite it being successful.
mrsticka
Parks & Recreation

Post by mrsticka »

It was pretty convenient having a grocery store near me. I live on North 48th a couple blocks north of Adams. And now, the closest grocery stores for me are like 2-3 miles away. There's a Super Saver on 48th and O and another one on 27th and Cornhusker. I've gone into both of them. And then there's a Russ' Market in Havelock. I hardly ever go in there.