What does Omaha need?

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Re: What does Omaha need?

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:42 am

nebraska wrote:Okay, but what Omaha does need is better mass transit to the airport. Here's the current city bus: http://www.ometro.com/index.php/route/route-16/

You'll notice it only runs on weekdays, 3 hours each in the morning and evening. That's pretty fraking pathetic. I flew back from the east coast last year on a Saturday and landed at 1pm. No buses, not even posted hours at the bus stop which is located alllllll the way north on the middle island.

I understand there is not a huge demand for mass transit, but the city really has to bite the bullet on some routes. All they have to do is run one shuttle in hour-long loops to connect downtown and/or passengers directly to their hotels. heck, charge $5 for it. But provide something.

Or at a very minimum, make the taxi/Uber stands more prominent and user-friendly.

This I completely agree with.. And I think as passenger volume continues to grow- Eppley will likely surpass 4.5 million passengers setting a record for volume this year- better mass transit to and from the airport will come..

It's all about demand. And with increasing demand, improvements are typically a by-product...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

mrsticka
Human Relations

Postby mrsticka » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:01 am

Omaha Cowboy wrote:Omaha does not need a bigger airport mrsticka. Omaha has a top 60 national airport and is experiencing much growth with now 30 non stop destinations. There is a plan in place for future airport expansion.. Therefore, your post that Omaha "needs" a bigger airport is not relevant..

Expansion will happen in time. Read the Eppley Airport thread in the transportation forum for additional feedback...

Ciao..LiO...Peace

I WAS JOKING!

nebraska
Home Owners Association

Postby nebraska » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 am

mrsticka wrote:I WAS JOKING!

Too late. New airport has already been ordered. 3 day shipping on Amazon, construction starts next Monday.

mrsticka
Human Relations

Postby mrsticka » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:05 am

nebraska wrote:
mrsticka wrote:I WAS JOKING!

Too late. New airport has already been ordered. 3 day shipping on Amazon, construction starts next Monday.

:lol:

Return to “General Discussion”