Gizzard Madness?

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Gizzard Madness?

Post by TankFishman »

Does anyone know if the Popeye's on Dodge Street is ever going to bring back their Gizzard Madness promotion? I can't remember what day of the week it used to be on. Anyone know?
Deuces
New to the Neighborhood

Re: Gizzard Madness?

Post by Deuces »

I've never heard of such a ludicrous thing. My guess is that you're mis-remembering that.
TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Post by TankFishman »

I gotta say guys, I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of info/feedback on this topic. I don't want to come in as a new member and ruffle too many feathers, but it seems to me that if this had been a rumor about Chopotle or Penara, there would be 20+ responses. I know Popeye's isn't fancy like those other 2, but it deserves attention too. Elitism has no place in Omaha message board websites - everybody remembers what happened on the River City Forumplex site, and I don't want to see this site go down that path too.
BRoss
IT Director

Post by BRoss »

TankFishman wrote:I gotta say guys, I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of info/feedback on this topic. I don't want to come in as a new member and ruffle too many feathers, but it seems to me that if this had been a rumor about Chopotle or Penara, there would be 20+ responses. I know Popeye's isn't fancy like those other 2, but it deserves attention too. Elitism has no place in Omaha message board websites - everybody remembers what happened on the River City Forumplex site, and I don't want to see this site go down that path too.
Well we have three new members who all joined around the same time, all have only posted once or twice and only about this one topic. Seems like it's just one person spamming. That may be why you haven't gotten any responses.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

1. I post on places I like.
2. Heavily breaded fried chicken is not my thing, hasn't been for 20+years and therefore I have no perspective on what is good or bad.
3. I have tried Popeyes when it came to town and didn't like it.
4. I have tried gizzards before and did not care for them.

So, why would a person who doesn't like heavily breaded fried chicken, gizzards, or Popeye's comment?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

keep_calm_and_focus_on_gizzards_2_inch_round_magnet-rd56cb83cad0740a0970f03cff151727d_x7js9_8byvr_324.jpg
keep_calm_and_focus_on_gizzards_2_inch_round_magnet-rd56cb83cad0740a0970f03cff151727d_x7js9_8byvr_324.jpg (14.34 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Mouth of the South has the best Gizzards in town.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Mouth of the South has the best Gizzards in town.
How do you define BEST with a gizzard
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

nebugeater wrote:
Coyote wrote:Mouth of the South has the best Gizzards in town.
How do you define BEST with a gizzard
Catfish love them.
TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Post by TankFishman »

Thanks for the responses guys! I knew that this thread and discussion could be, much like a meal of gizzards, robust and hearty. As an update, I have placed an inquiry directly with Popeye's and hope to receive more substantial information in the near future. If anyone else has any colleagues or contacts working in their organization, please reach out to them to see if they have any information.

@bugeater, for me defining BEST for a gizzard is a combination of texture, flavor, and overall quality. Some gizzards have excellent texture but poor flavor. Others have quality that is low. Ideally, for me, the BEST gizzard would have nice texture, great overall flavor, and the quality would be high as well. It's not always an easy combination to find, but when you do, boy is it worth it!

@Coyote, I would hate to disparage a gizzard I haven't sampled, but it seems unlikely to me that another restaurant would exceed Popeye's in overall quality (once you get over the stigma of it being "fast food"). Where is The Mouth of the South? I haven't heard of it and would consider trying it.

To the gentleman asking about spam -- that is a meal I have never much enjoyed, so I'm not sure I have much to discuss in that area. It may be better as a stand-alone topic?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

I googled gizzard madness and this thread was the first result. I have never heard of it and the fact that there is no other internet presence is odd. I would give them a call. You never know what they might say.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

nebugeater wrote:How do you define BEST with a gizzard
LOL! :)
TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Post by TankFishman »

Bad news folks, I've heard nary a peep in response to my inquiry to Popeye's. I don't want to be overly negative, but it appears as though the rumors I'd been hearing about the return of Gizzard Madness may have been unfounded. As far as calling them directly....let's be honest...if I were the type of person who enjoyed conversations with other people, I wouldn't be spending my time on an online Omaha forum, I'd be out rubbing arms with the chamber of commerce folks or speaking at county council meetings to support historical buildings.

Anyway, apologies for getting anyone's hopes up/wasting anyone's time on this, I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen at this point. It's not exactly as devastating as Con Agra vacating Jobber's Canyon, but it's definitely a little disappointing.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I'm sure the "axis of Omaha" will be a-ok without a Popeyes Gizzard Madness blitz, lol...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

TankFishman wrote:Bad news folks, I've heard nary a peep in response to my inquiry to Popeye's. I don't want to be overly negative, but it appears as though the rumors I'd been hearing about the return of Gizzard Madness may have been unfounded. As far as calling them directly....let's be honest...if I were the type of person who enjoyed conversations with other people, I wouldn't be spending my time on an online Omaha forum, I'd be out rubbing arms with the chamber of commerce folks or speaking at county council meetings to support historical buildings.

Anyway, apologies for getting anyone's hopes up/wasting anyone's time on this, I think it's safe to say it's not going to happen at this point. It's not exactly as devastating as Con Agra vacating Jobber's Canyon, but it's definitely a little disappointing.
DTO, is that you?
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

TankFishman wrote:Bad news folks, I've heard nary a peep in response to my inquiry to Popeye's. I don't want to be overly negative, but it appears as though the rumors I'd been hearing about the return of Gizzard Madness may have been unfounded. As far as calling them directly....let's be honest...if I were the type of person who enjoyed conversations with other people, I wouldn't be spending my time on an online Omaha forum, I'd be out rubbing arms with the chamber of commerce folks or speaking at county council meetings to support historical buildings.

Not too bad trolling, could have been better.
TankFishman
New to the Neighborhood

Post by TankFishman »

Hmmm, I don't know what any of these responses mean. I just want to let this go and move on, but I certainly didn't insult the city by calling it the "axis of Omaha" anywhere in this thread (if that's what you're implying?), I don't know who/what DTO is, and this isn't trolling. I know it's stupid to reply to someone who say's you're trolling, because the more vigorously one argues about it and denies, the more convinced people are that you're trolling. But not responding at all makes people believe the accuser is right. It's a lose-lose deal for the accursed.

I don't know how the forum typically reacts to new members, but you should know that there are at least 2 other Omaha forum sites out that that people could be posting at instead. Not saying it's the same thing, but this attitude of trepidation and resistance to new things kind of represents the same thinking that stops Omaha from developing a real river walk that can compete with other metro areas across the country.