Picture Framing

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Greg S
City Council

Picture Framing

Post by Greg S »

I have a couple prints I want to get framed. Looking for a place in Omaha that would be reasonable and good (these are not expensive pieces). I'd prefer to have the place be locally owned. Any suggestions?

Greg
Brad
City Council

Re: Picture Framing

Post by Brad »

The lady I use works out of her house. Shoot me an email and I will send you her contact info. brad@bradwilliamsphotography.com

Otherwise,
Frame Service (34th and Farnam)
Malibu (78th and Cass)
Manglesen's (84th and Grover)

These are all local and will all do a great job.

Also, Tim Wright (timmy's treehouse on this forum) has a print shops out on 135th and Giles. He doesn't frame, but he does do canvas, acrylic, and laminated metal prints that are all ready to hang.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

I saved myself a ton of money by matting and framing stuff myself. If they're standard size photos, check out Michaels or some other craft stores----it's super easy and comes out looking like a pro did it. Some stores even have classes on custom framing the odd-sized stuff.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

ricko wrote:I saved myself a ton of money by matting and framing stuff myself. If they're standard size photos, check out Michaels or some other craft stores----it's super easy and comes out looking like a pro did it. Some stores even have classes on custom framing the odd-sized stuff.
Just be careful, a lot of the mattes at the big box stores aren't acid free and will yellow on the cut edge rather fast.

Also, most people can't dry-mount their stuff themselves and I highly recommend that of any piece that is over 18" on the long side. If not, one change ins season around here will put fairly decent waves in the paper. I dry-mount everything over 12" with my stuff.
debradomayer
Library Board

Post by debradomayer »

Locally owned 1200 Images at Westroads. We have all price points and can design anything! I've been working here for 13 years & I may be slightly biased but I think we do fantastic design & framing! Our pricing rivals the big boxes even with a % off. And your art never leaves the store to be framed. We also make all of our frames & cut all of our mats to fit your print, no ready made frames here! All of our mats are acid free too.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

debradomayer wrote:Locally owned 1200 Images at Westroads.
Interesting, I never knew that was a local business.