Omaha/Lincoln area

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

buildomaha
Home Owners Association

Omaha/Lincoln area

Postby buildomaha » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Just did a quick search for any articles regarding the future of Omaha and Lincoln growing toward each other and the only thing I could find was an article from the journal star from 2007. Just wanted to know what thoughts people had on the subject because the relationship between the cities is intriguing as the possibilities are endless.

Brad
City Council

Re: Omaha/Lincoln area

Postby Brad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:03 pm

It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.
Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
http://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
http://www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
@bradwphoto on Twitter
Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce Member

almighty_tuna
County Board

Postby almighty_tuna » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Brad wrote:It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.

The Stevens Creek watershed is why Lincoln has not grown to the east for decades. It's cheaper to build out to the south instead of building out a whole sewage pumping solution for Stevens Creek. You'll never see widespread growth in east Lincoln until that's addressed, beltway or not.

MadMartin8
Planning Board

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:14 pm

almighty_tuna wrote:
Brad wrote:It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.

The Stevens Creek watershed is why Lincoln has not grown to the east for decades. It's cheaper to build out to the south instead of building out a whole sewage pumping solution for Stevens Creek. You'll never see widespread growth in east Lincoln until that's addressed, beltway or not.

I wonder...is the movement really still along I-80? Or has it become more focused south near 370ish, and Northwest by like Bennington? No idea, just asking on this one.
No posts exist for this topic

buildomaha
Home Owners Association

Postby buildomaha » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:

I wonder...is the movement really still along I-80? Or has it become more focused south near 370ish, and Northwest by like Bennington? No idea, just asking on this one.

Bennington n development was frozen for a few years, but yes the northwest bennington area is seeing a lot of development. And if ops ever goes through with building a new high school at 156 and ida, I'm sure that will add to families wanting to live near the area for a while. I think gretna is still growing rediculously fast and elkhorn isn't stopping its southern growth even if they are starting to see developement north of maple now.

iamjacobm
City Council

Postby iamjacobm » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:26 pm

A lot of growth along 204th St. It is still working its way west on I-80, but there is still a bunch of undeveloped land between Gretna and the current build out on 80.

Return to “General Discussion”