Omaha/Lincoln area

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

buildomaha
Human Relations

Omaha/Lincoln area

Post by buildomaha »

Just did a quick search for any articles regarding the future of Omaha and Lincoln growing toward each other and the only thing I could find was an article from the journal star from 2007. Just wanted to know what thoughts people had on the subject because the relationship between the cities is intriguing as the possibilities are endless.
#gohawks
Brad
City Council

Re: Omaha/Lincoln area

Post by Brad »

It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad wrote:It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.
The Stevens Creek watershed is why Lincoln has not grown to the east for decades. It's cheaper to build out to the south instead of building out a whole sewage pumping solution for Stevens Creek. You'll never see widespread growth in east Lincoln until that's addressed, beltway or not.
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

almighty_tuna wrote:
Brad wrote:It seems like Omaha is growing towards Lincoln, however it seems like Lincoln is growing straight south.
The Stevens Creek watershed is why Lincoln has not grown to the east for decades. It's cheaper to build out to the south instead of building out a whole sewage pumping solution for Stevens Creek. You'll never see widespread growth in east Lincoln until that's addressed, beltway or not.
I wonder...is the movement really still along I-80? Or has it become more focused south near 370ish, and Northwest by like Bennington? No idea, just asking on this one.
No posts exist for this topic
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

MadMartin8 wrote:
almighty_tuna wrote:
I wonder...is the movement really still along I-80? Or has it become more focused south near 370ish, and Northwest by like Bennington? No idea, just asking on this one.
Bennington n development was frozen for a few years, but yes the northwest bennington area is seeing a lot of development. And if ops ever goes through with building a new high school at 156 and ida, I'm sure that will add to families wanting to live near the area for a while. I think gretna is still growing rediculously fast and elkhorn isn't stopping its southern growth even if they are starting to see developement north of maple now.
#gohawks
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

A lot of growth along 204th St. It is still working its way west on I-80, but there is still a bunch of undeveloped land between Gretna and the current build out on 80.