Is anybody here into Urban Exploration?

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Is anybody here into Urban Exploration?

Post by Silverspoon »

For those not familiar, here is a definition straight from the web:

"Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex, UE, bexing, urbexing and sometimes known as 'roof-and-tunnel hacking') is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment." - Wikipedia

I have been actively exploring for a few years now, and I have a deep passion for dead malls. So far I have been a lone wolf with the exception of talking about some plans with a well known explorer from Youtube and the possibility of us getting footage of Crossroads in the future.

Is there anyone else here interested in UE? There are plenty of places around Omaha and surrounding areas to hit, so maybe we could start a little group or something.
Jim Flowers rules!
choke
Human Relations

Re: Is anybody here into Urban Exploration?

Post by choke »

Silverspoon wrote:For those not familiar, here is a definition straight from the web:

"Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex, UE, bexing, urbexing and sometimes known as 'roof-and-tunnel hacking') is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment." - Wikipedia

I have been actively exploring for a few years now, and I have a deep passion for dead malls. So far I have been a lone wolf with the exception of talking about some plans with a well known explorer from Youtube and the possibility of us getting footage of Crossroads in the future.

Is there anyone else here interested in UE? There are plenty of places around Omaha and surrounding areas to hit, so maybe we could start a little group or something.
My sister had a boyfriend back in high school who was into that stuff. I went with them one night to some of those old warehouses in Jobber's Canyon. It is interesting but can be dangerous. I didn't think of it much back then when I was 15. There is that old pawn shop by the old Civic site you could explore. I saw one of the bottom doors kicked in. I bet there are some bums living in there. Oooooh, imaging the smell of urine.
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

I generally try not to trespass, so no, I'm not into Urban Exploration.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omaha_corn_burner wrote:I generally try not to trespass, so no, I'm not into Urban Exploration.
Yeah that's the rub.. While Urban Exploration sounds interesting to me, the abandoned ruins one is exploring, are most likely owned by someone...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Silverspoon wrote:For those not familiar, here is a definition straight from the web:

I heard a story about an abandoned food truck somewhere in a field out by Hummel Park you might want to check out. They say if you look into the rear view mirror and repeat 3 times......Food Truck Man...Food Truck Man.....Food truck Man...a ghost chef will appear and make you the best meat loaf or pot pie you ever ate :lol:
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

I heard a story about an abandoned food truck somewhere in a field out by Hummel Park you might want to check out. They say if you look into the rear view mirror and repeat 3 times......Food Truck Man...Food Truck Man.....Food truck Man...a ghost chef will appear and make you the best meat loaf or pot pie you ever ate :lol:
Mmmm I love meatloaf!
Jim Flowers rules!
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Silverspoon wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

Mmmm I love meatloaf!

When you get done exploring that old food truck and eating your meat loaf you might as well check out the Albino Farm right down the road..... :;):
choke
Human Relations

Post by choke »

GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:
Silverspoon wrote:
GRANDPASMUCKER wrote:

Mmmm I love meatloaf!

When you get done exploring that old food truck and eating your meat loaf you might as well check out the Albino Farm right down the road..... :;):
Definitely the Albino Farm. Three-fingered Willy, too.
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

I'm definitely not into it, but there's this one blog that keeps coming up on various photography and NYC sites which discusses the topic, and not just the NYC area.

https://ltvsquad.com/
Greg S
City Council

Post by Greg S »

Yeah at my age I can't really do the trespassing thing and possibly get caught. I really wouldn't have a viable excuse. I will say I love watching the videos, including on malls (even ones that are still open but on their last legs). Also love it on other spaces. Discovery Island at Disney. They just covered it up but the old water park at Disney was pretty cool to see as well.

Greg