So, Omaha is a less desirable city compared to.. Colorado Springs??

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Omaha Cowboy
The Don

So, Omaha is a less desirable city compared to.. Colorado Springs??

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I swear, some of the stuff posted on this forum, leaves me rolling my eyes.. Behold the misinformation, minimization and denial (mainly from the Colorado Springs, Colorado homers). What's particularly laughable is their contention that Omaha and Colorado Springs populations are a wash.. considering that adding Pueblo, Colorado to their CSA (which it isn't) makes their area population quite identical to Omaha's MSA :roll:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-vs- ... -co-3.html

Feel free to join the fray on this one (make sure to start on page 1).. Just be careful not to sacrifice Intelligence Quotient points in the process...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Brad
City Council

Re: So, Omaha is a less desirable city compared to.. Colorado Springs??

Post by Brad »

Can't believe you still waste your time with that stupid forum.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Brad wrote:Can't believe you still waste your time with that stupid forum.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Can't believe you still waste your time with that stupid forum.
Yeah. I still look in on that site about once a week or so.. When I read this Omaha vs Colorado Springs thread I said to myself what the ??..

The specific city discussion forums are mainly dick measuring contests anyway.. The other forums on that site, not related to city boosterism, actually have some pretty good content...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

Proverbial dick measuring contests between city development nerds ranks up there on the 'weirdest things on the internet' list.
No posts exist for this topic
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

In my entire career as a business owner I have NEVER countenanced employees saying anything negative about our competition. If our product or service can't stand on its own then we refer to a competitor. In most cases the customer appreciates our honesty. Our competitors also appreciate it and refer to us when appropriate.

Likewise, if Omaha can't stand on its own without putting down some other city, well, then it can't. We trumpet our successes and amenities. We don't coast. If little Colorado Springs can't succeed without putting Omaha down it lessens its perceived greatness.

Oh, and that other web site, more often than not, looks a lot like a high school hallway between classes or the lunch room. The measuring of body parts is a good analogy.
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Been to Colorado Springs probably 2 dozen times. Father-in-law lives there. Familiar enough with it. Not what I'd call a vibrant hub of urbanity, frankly. Certainly a pleasant enough city with some truly spectacular scenery, but Omaha's vibe is way better.

I only read the first page of the thread. Glad somebody pointed out the Omaha/Lincoln proximity to counter the "Springs/Pueblo = same size as Omaha" argument. Some dude tried to bring commuter statistics into the fray. But come on. I walk out of my house in La Vista, I can literally be standing in the Haymarket 40 minutes later. Omaha + Lincoln = 1.25 million. Springs + Pueblo = 880,000. Kind of a significant gap.
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

edsas wrote:Been to Colorado Springs probably 2 dozen times. Father-in-law lives there. Familiar enough with it. Not what I'd call a vibrant hub of urbanity, frankly. Certainly a pleasant enough city with some truly spectacular scenery, but Omaha's vibe is way better.

I only read the first page of the thread. Glad somebody pointed out the Omaha/Lincoln proximity to counter the "Springs/Pueblo = same size as Omaha" argument. Some dude tried to bring commuter statistics into the fray. But come on. I walk out of my house in La Vista, I can literally be standing in the Haymarket 40 minutes later. Omaha + Lincoln = 1.25 million. Springs + Pueblo = 880,000. Kind of a significant gap.
I have hung out in Colorado Springs dozens of times and I'm going to go out on a limb here a bit and say they really dont want to claim or have anything to do with Pueblo! :lol: They dont want to claim Pueblo anymore then we want to claim Council Bluffs! Really its a front range attitude out there and Colorado Springs is a satellite of Denver if anything.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Comparing Pueblo to Council Bluffs even is an insult to Council Bluffs.
I can't think of another city that is as undesirable to be than Pueblo.
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I remember like 10-15 years ago Pueblo ran a TV ad campaign in Omaha where they asked people on the street in new York or something if they could name what town was voted best in some magazine's likely bullshit best cities list. At the end when it was revealed to be Pueblo everyone said "Oh! Pueblo!" as if it were an obvious answer and they couldn't believe they didn't think of it. I was confused how all these new yorkers had heard of Pueblo.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

It is because of all those mail in recompensed for TV ads as well as others for many years that the address given was something something something Pueblo Colorado. It has been a few years since it was as prevalent as it used to be but If I had a $0.05 for every time I heard that I would not be working today. That is IMO why people know the city name.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaFan »

MadMartin8 wrote:Proverbial dick measuring contests between city development nerds ranks up there on the 'weirdest things on the internet' list.

I'd have to agree. ROTFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

edsas wrote:Glad somebody pointed out the Omaha/Lincoln proximity to counter the "Springs/Pueblo = same size as Omaha" argument. Some dude tried to bring commuter statistics into the fray. But come on. I walk out of my house in La Vista, I can literally be standing in the Haymarket 40 minutes later. Omaha + Lincoln = 1.25 million. Springs + Pueblo = 880,000. Kind of a significant gap.
Yes.. Amongst the bevy of delusion coming from these Colorado Springs boosters, this one made me roll my eyes :roll: and then laugh :lol: the loudest..

Omaha is already a significantly larger and more urban metro than Colorado Springs.. but the "well, the population difference is a wash, if we add Pueblo into our CSA, that puts us as the same size as Omaha's MSA..." drivel is a comedy, LOL. If they want to go that route, adding Lincoln into Omaha's CSA boosts the population, based on the latest US Census estimate, to exceeding 1.3 million.. Like I stated previously, it's simply an appendage measuring contest on the city booster forums on that site.. And I thought Omaha had an inferiority complex :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
edsas wrote:Glad somebody pointed out the Omaha/Lincoln proximity to counter the "Springs/Pueblo = same size as Omaha" argument. Some dude tried to bring commuter statistics into the fray. But come on. I walk out of my house in La Vista, I can literally be standing in the Haymarket 40 minutes later. Omaha + Lincoln = 1.25 million. Springs + Pueblo = 880,000. Kind of a significant gap.
Yes.. Amongst the bevy of delusion coming from these Colorado Springs boosters, this one made me roll my eyes :roll: and then laugh :lol: the loudest..

Omaha is already a significantly larger and more urban metro than Colorado Springs.. but the "well, the population difference is a wash, if we add Pueblo into our CSA, that puts us as the same size as Omaha's MSA..." drivel is a comedy, LOL. If they want to go that route, adding Lincoln into Omaha's CSA boosts the population, based on the latest US Census estimate, to exceeding 1.3 million.. Like I stated previously, it's simply an appendage measuring contest on the city booster forums on that site.. And I thought Omaha had an inferiority complex :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I know! Let's add Grand Island, Kearney, Sioux City and Chicago to our CSA! Then we'll be reeeeeaaaaaaly big! Seriously folks, arguing with someone from Colorado is a waste of time. To them the sun rises & sets on Colorado and Nebraska is a rest stop on the way to the Nirvana that is Colorado. Bottom line: You visit Colorado to ski & then go back to civilization.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation

Post by bigredmed »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I know! Let's add Grand Island, Kearney, Sioux City and Chicago to our CSA! Then we'll be reeeeeaaaaaaly big! Seriously folks, arguing with someone from Colorado is a waste of time. To them the sun rises & sets on Colorado and Nebraska is a rest stop on the way to the Nirvana that is Colorado. Bottom line: You visit Colorado to ski & then go back to civilization.
Yep
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

NovakOmaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace
LOL.. The truth :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
OmahaFan
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaFan »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Pssst I heard on the Colorado Springs forum there setting up a Gofundme for a sign saying "Colorado Springs is bigger then Omaha". :lol:
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

OmahaFan wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
NovakOmaha wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Ciao..LiO...Peace

Pssst I heard on the Colorado Springs forum there setting up a Gofundme for a sign saying "Colorado Springs is bigger then Omaha". :lol:
Ha! That would not surprise me :;): ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

That would be funny if they actually made the sign with "then" instead of "than." :lol:
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

GetUrban wrote:That would be funny if they actually made the sign with "then" instead of "than." :lol:
I didn't catch this when he posted it.. But indeed, that would be funny :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
GetUrban wrote:That would be funny if they actually made the sign with "then" instead of "than." :lol:
I didn't catch this when he posted it.. But indeed, that would be funny :thumb: ...
I also missed that. All too funny ! :yes: