Odds of President Trump making it the full 4 years.

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Odds of President Trump making it the full 4 years.

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

50%

Trumps seriously on the ropes about now and the hits keep coming...........hes got a 50/50 chance of finishing the term at best.
Coyote
City Council

Re: Odds of President Trump making it the full 4 years.

Post by Coyote »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:50%

Trumps seriously on the ropes about now and the hits keep coming...........hes got a 50/50 chance of finishing the term at best.
I thought that he was your boy... Now you are betting square up?
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

How about 1-year?

But seriously, There have been SO many things that should have prevented him from ever even becoming president, but somehow he keeps on going.

I think 50/50 is about right, today.
Are there odds on this in Vegas?
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
buildomaha
Human Relations

Post by buildomaha »

I mean there technically shouldn't be anything stopping anyone from becoming the president. We pride ourselves on democracy, isn't that the whole point of this experiment that is this nation. I have yet to see any hard evidence to point as to why he shouldn't have been put into office. There's no reason why you or me couldn't be put into office if we got the votes, so why not the man who already has won the votes.
#gohawks
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

In Nevada, you can't take bets on politics, but you can in the UK and Ireland. Here's one of them:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/ ... s-politics
Omaha_corn_burner
Human Relations

Post by Omaha_corn_burner »

100%

Don't know why you would think he wouldn't.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Coyote wrote:

I thought that he was your boy... Now you are betting square up?
I think the Washington D.C. establishment means to hang Trump out to dry and make an example of him for any other outsiders who have any ideas of getting into government. They have had him under intense surveillance since he broke into the scene in early 2016 and they think they got the goods on him and they are building an air tight case to run him out of office. Trump will be lucky to survive.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

The only way he's forced out is if the Dems take both houses of Congress in 2018. I would have thought this was a certainty at the end of 2016, but the Democrats are doing everything in their power to leave Congress in Republican hands. They're doubling down on the things that cost them in 2016, they have almost no "bench strength" and their campaign strategy looks like it's going to be "vote for us, we're not Republicans." This probably isn't going to work, especially when their proxies (real or perceived) on TV and in "antifa" are alienating people who would otherwise be looking for a reason to vote against Trump and his enablers. I have a very bad track record on predictions, but I don't think the donkeys have a good idea about how to proceed.
FrankJones
New to the Neighborhood

Post by FrankJones »

I'm saying he goes the full 4 years and gets re-elected.

Hey - gimme a break. The fact that he was elected in the first place defies all odds. Re-election couldn't be any weirder.
ricko
Parks & Recreation

Post by ricko »

At the end of the day, your politics is irrelevant. We are a nation of laws, not a nation of personalities. This Russia thing has a thousand tentacles, and it will take time to get to the bottom of it all. Who knows what will happen. My only prediction is that this thread will eventually be deleted.
OmahaOmaha
Home Owners Association

Post by OmahaOmaha »

I think Trump will make it all four years, and will easily get re-elected. After a few more years, the liberal media will get tired of talking about Russia, Russia, Russia, and will finally move on to something else. It's sad when you watch the news and all they talk about is Russia. They don't seem to mention anything about how wages have gone up, there's more jobs, consumer spending has gone up, and the stock market has reached a record high.

Watching the news has almost become laughable to me seeing how they obviously lean to one side. They try to make the White House sound like it's in total chaos all the time. When showing images of Trump, they always show a real unflattering picture. When it comes to his wife, they will show a picture taken when she's not smiling to try to make you think that there must be something wrong with the Trump marriage or they will rip her for wearing something that they say causes a "firestorm" on social media. The point that Melania always looks beautiful and the media puts her down, but they continue to run stories about Moochelle Obama making her out like she's some super sexy model just shows you how biased the media is. You can put lipstick on a pig, but you still have a pig.
Wrightfan
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Wrightfan »

OmahaOmaha wrote:I think Trump . . . .
Oh, okay. :roll:
Uffda
County Board

Post by Uffda »

OmahaOmaha wrote:I think Trump will make it all four years, and will easily get re-elected. After a few more years, the liberal media will get tired of talking about Russia, Russia, Russia, and will finally move on to something else. It's sad when you watch the news and all they talk about is Russia. They don't seem to mention anything about how wages have gone up, there's more jobs, consumer spending has gone up, and the stock market has reached a record high.

Watching the news has almost become laughable to me seeing how they obviously lean to one side. They try to make the White House sound like it's in total chaos all the time. When showing images of Trump, they always show a real unflattering picture. When it comes to his wife, they will show a picture taken when she's not smiling to try to make you think that there must be something wrong with the Trump marriage or they will rip her for wearing something that they say causes a "firestorm" on social media. The point that Melania always looks beautiful and the media puts her down, but they continue to run stories about Moochelle Obama making her out like she's some super sexy model just shows you how biased the media is. You can put lipstick on a pig, but you still have a pig.
You were trying to make some valid points until you reached your final two sentences by making fun of Mrs. Obama's name and her looks. At that point your total argument went into the trash.
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

Maybe the DNC is just going to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks until their next messiah, Chelsea Clinton, finishes her House/Senate experience, and can make a run for office.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
GetUrban
Planning Board

Post by GetUrban »

OmahaOmaha wrote:I think Trump will make it all four years, and will easily get re-elected. After a few more years, the liberal media will get tired of talking about Russia, Russia, Russia, and will finally move on to something else. It's sad when you watch the news and all they talk about is Russia. They don't seem to mention anything about how wages have gone up, there's more jobs, consumer spending has gone up, and the stock market has reached a record high.

I hope you're wrong. I base my negative opinion of Trump on the actual words that come out of his mouth and his tweets, not the so-called main-stream-media reports. If you read the complete transcripts of his speeches, without knowing who said them, you'd think they were said by a second grader, based on his ability to put together coherent sentences, and his grasp of history, to name a few shortcomings. He's not the best person we could have chosen to represent the USA, and shape policy, by a long shot. He spends most of his time undoing progress that was made in the past.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Time for a new update. Things have not gotten any better over the past 6 months. Trumps chances of lasting the entire 4 years can't be no better then 33%
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Remember that time Obama wore a tan suit?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 am

Time for a new update. Things have not gotten any better over the past 6 months. Trumps chances of lasting the entire 4 years can't be no better then 33%
5% chance of Trump lasting the 4 years. They got Trump 10 different ways. I was 14 when Nixon resigned and I remember it happening in the middle of August almost out of nowhere. People were burnt out on the endless news coverage and were barely paying attention to it anymore and just going about their daily lives and then finally Nixon was on our TV resigning. This is starting to feel just like that. Even though it seems like Trump will survive and go on and on he wont. It might be next month or at the end of Summer or even a year from now but hes going to cut and run. Sad for the country. Sadder still there is nobody worth mentioning to replace him.
Silverspoon
Home Owners Association

Post by Silverspoon »

I dont talk politics. :)
Jim Flowers rules!
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation

Silverspoon wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am I dont talk politics. :)
I know, you just do not have any spare time for politics what with all the time you spend ogling the local news station girls. :lafcry:
Busguy2010
County Board

Post by Busguy2010 »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm
I know, you just do not have any spare time for politics what with all the time you spend ogling the local news station girls. :lafcry:
Speaking of which, how about Niyah Gonzalez on Channel 7?. :oops:
Omababe
Planning Board

Post by Omababe »

Don't get me started!
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

Busguy2010 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:16 pm
GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm
Speaking of which, how about Niyah Gonzalez on Channel 7?. :oops:
Not bad, nothing glaringly out-of-band. As long as she can pronounce Plattsmouth correctly we'll get along just fine.
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation

Post by damonhynes »

100%. And every time Bela Pelosi opens her yob, the odds for 8 years goes up.