Grow Omaha Show discussion

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha - May 12, 2012
Grow Omaha wrote:Downtown Living - In advance of the annual Downtown Living Tour, we're going to talk about condo development in Omaha's urban core.  Our guests will be Molly Skold of Midtown Crossing and Sandi Downing of jLofts.

Nebraska's First Meadery - We like to feature unique local businesses on Grow Omaha.  This week, we'll interview MoonStruck Meadery owner Brian Schlueter.  MoonStruck is a new business located in Old Towne Bellevue.   Mead, by the way, has a history that goes back more than 8,000 years, and its believed to be the world's oldest alcoholic drink. It's a fermented beverage made from honey, water and yeast.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Dicon wrote:Listen to Royce Maynard, President of Dicon, on the Grow Omaha Radio show tomorow morning at 8:00 AM on KFAB. They will be discussing all of the exciting things happening downtown.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

If you missed it, David Brown was on Grow Omaha last week.  He is always a great guest on the show!  Lot of talk about industrial development and data centers around the metro.

http://www.kfab.com/media/podcast-grow- ... -23956989/
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Bad cell phone shot from this morning.  One of these times I should just take the real camera in...

Left to Right: Me, Trenton, and Jeff.
Brad
City Council

Re: Grow Omaha Show discussion

Post by Brad »

Saturday was also the 10th Anniversary of the First Grow Omaha Radio Show. Back then it was on 1290 KOIL, now on 1110 KFAB.
Kim_A2O
New to the Neighborhood

Post by Kim_A2O »

We just got our first radio ad and it's on iheartradio on KFAB so we're pretty excited! Love that station
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Somebody needs to tell Trenton he is not a comedian.
So much time on the show is wasted on his ego.
He tends to waste at least 3 minutes in the intro, and then steps over his guests who want to talk about their businesses, but he interjects his own thoughts and sometimes breaks their pattern of thoughts...
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Starting July 26th, Grow Omaha will be starting at 9:00 am.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Sounded like Trenton really needed that extra hour. I always wondered why he sounded drunk in the mornings, he was pretty articulate at 9:00, less mumbling.

unfortunately they interviewed Benson Brewery, and Trenton was more interested in them explaining Benson hipsters, and Tinder dating more than their business.
omahacacher
Home Owners Association

Post by omahacacher »

Coyote wrote:Trenton was more interested in them explaining Benson hipsters, and Tinder dating more than their business.
Coyote said exactly what I wanted to say. I almost stopped listening to the show a few months back when at the beginning of one show, Trenton was making jokes about the over 200 high schoolers that were killed on the South Korean ferry. I felt bad for Jeff, as he was doing everything he could to try to change the subject. Trenton then made another insensitve joke about something else, and Jeff continued to do everything in his power to change the subject.

With Saturday's interview with the guys from the Benson Brewery, I was hoping to hear about the business, but like Coyote said, Trenton was more interested in talking about the definition of the term hipsters and also the Tinder app. Trenton's guest host was asking better questions than Trenton.

I can't listen to the show live, so I listen to the show's podcast. I asked myself, "Why am I wasting my time and listening to this |expletive|?" So, I deleted the show from my download queue. I can get my economic development info from these forums.
Linkin5
County Board

Post by Linkin5 »

Trenton looks like he ate three hipsters.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

I know some of you don't like his jokes, but if you get to know him, he is a great guy.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jokes? If he wasn't buying this time slot he could have been fired over the insensitivity of some of his comments.
When talking about development lately, if it isn't his, he will quickly change the conversation to his and belittle his competitors, like the Canfield Plaza segment which he quickly changed to his Frederick Square accomplishments. And granted, we take shots at Slosberg's Plaza on 90th & Center, but for a radio show talking about someone else's development in the Omaha Market is very immature. This show is quickly moving away from an Omaha Development hour to the Trenton Magid hour.
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Jokes? If he wasn't buying this time slot he could have been fired over the insensitivity of some of his comments.
When talking about development lately, if it isn't his, he will quickly change the conversation to his and belittle his competitors, like the Canfield Plaza segment which he quickly changed to his Frederick Square accomplishments. And granted, we take shots at Slosberg's Plaza on 90th & Center, but for a radio show talking about someone else's development in the Omaha Market is very immature. This show is quickly moving away from an Omaha Development hour to the Trenton Magid hour.

Second that

No Idea what he is like on a personal level and he is probably a great guy. The show has been slipping a lot and everything said above is true. No longer an Omaha show but a "me" show. I am sure he will read this too and may do some reflection on how informative it used to be and will allow for some improvement from what it is now
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
MadMartin8
Planning Board

Post by MadMartin8 »

I tried listening to the show once, and got far too annoyed after about 15 minutes.
No posts exist for this topic
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

In Trenton's defense this can be a pretty tuff crowd around here! I can vouch for that! :yes:
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Great way to promote the Henry Doorly Zoo on Grow Omaha.
Trenton: I don't go to the zoo, I just like living in a city with a zoo. They have a good restaurant?
Beals: I like looking at animals in cages. :roll:

If you don't want to promote an Omaha institution JStFU
Do they even have a producer?
nebugeater
City Council

Post by nebugeater »

Coyote wrote:Great way to promote the Henry Doorly Zoo on Grow Omaha.
Trenton: I don't go to the zoo, I just like living in a city with a zoo. They have a good restaurant?
Beals: I like looking at animals in cages.  :roll:

If you don't want to promote an Omaha institution JStFU
Do they even have a producer?

sad thing is that this is not a suprise
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I like an old saying "Thank heaven we live in America where any moron can be in the real estate business"

Another saying I enjoy "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should" In this case, a radio show.

lastly, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

I've known lots of brilliant people who were very successful in real estate investing. I've also known lots of morons who were very successful in real estate.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jeff Beals actually referenced eOmahaForums.com on Grow Omaha this morning. A first.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Jeff Beals actually referenced eOmahaForums.com on Grow Omaha this morning. A first.
Actually, Jeff (Stargazer) was a guest 10 years ago...
Garrett
Planning Board

Post by Garrett »

Coyote wrote:Jeff Beals actually referenced eOmahaForums.com on Grow Omaha this morning. A first.
What did he say about us? Did he mention our mild |expletive| talking?
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Garrett wrote:
He did not mention some of our poster's pestiferous rhetoric, but that may just be the reason they are reticent of referencing this forum. He mentioned some pictures he saw here.
Professor Woland
Library Board

Post by Professor Woland »

So I keep seeing a late model black Bentley Continental (I think it's a Continental) in Dundee. While driving west on Underwood this morning (I had to get out to Le Petit Paris for some apricot croissants) I saw it parked across from the KFAB building. The car had a custom license plate that indicated that it was affiliated with the show. Is the commercial realty gig that lucrative?
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Professor Woland wrote:So I keep seeing a late model black Bentley Continental (I think it's a Continental) in Dundee. While driving west on Underwood this morning (I had to get out to Le Petit Paris for some apricot croissants) I saw it parked across from the KFAB building. The car had a custom license plate that indicated that it was affiliated with the show. Is the commercial realty gig that lucrative?
Those guys on that show sound like they are wheeling and dealing to me. Yeah I bet they make more then a good lot of us! :yes:
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Coyote wrote:
Garrett wrote:
He did not mention some of our poster's pestiferous rhetoric, but that may just be the reason they are reticent of referencing this forum. He mentioned some pictures he saw here.
So there is such a word as PESTIFEROUS :?: I did not know that! Those guys have been bashed and attacked in this forum a time or two thats why they probably want to handle it with the oven mitts on :lol: :lol:
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

Is anyone else having trouble with the podcast feed for Grow Omaha? I'm using BeyondPod, and I've been getting download errors for the past two shows.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

zippy wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the podcast feed for Grow Omaha? I'm using BeyondPod, and I've been getting download errors for the past two shows.
KFAB switched all the podcasts over to Spreaker
zippy
Home Owners Association

Post by zippy »

Brad wrote:
zippy wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the podcast feed for Grow Omaha? I'm using BeyondPod, and I've been getting download errors for the past two shows.
KFAB switched all the podcasts over to Spreaker
Thanks, that did the trick!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha wrote: ‏@GrowOmaha
Tune in to @kfabnews tomorrow at 9am when #Omaha #Mayor @Jean_Stothert joins the show. A full hour of Jeff, Trenton, and Mayor Stothert talking about our great city.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

If you missed the mayor, you can listen here:
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha wrote:
@GrowOmaha
Tune in to @kfabnews tomorrow at 9am when we talk Growth & Expansion at Eppley Airfield @OMAairport . We will also be talking with @ChasersGM Martie Cordaro from the @OMAStormChasers as they begin this milestone season. #Omaha
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

Anyone listen? It isn't available for podcast yet.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

NovakOmaha wrote:Anyone listen? It isn't available for podcast yet.
I was out of town. The podcast usually shows up about 2pm on Tuesday. Its whenever someone at the radio station gets time to post it.
NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Post by NovakOmaha »

I don't know if Jeff & Trenton read this but if they do I need to mention that I think they are good guys who have done a lot for Omaha. I knew Trenton's dad more than he and his brother. As for Jeff I get his email about selling and it's pretty good stuff.

Having said that, I just listened to the podcast of last Saturday where they interviewed the director of Eppley. It's the first time I ever listened to their podcast. Guys, there is an old phrase in salesmanship...unless you're asking or answering a question, shut up and let the other talk. At the end of the Eppley interview Jeff mentioned Boston and didn't phrase it as a question and moreso didn't let the guest respond. It's your show and you can do whatever you want with it. It was just annoying that the interview left out so much more than it had. You touched on expansion but didn't really explore the future of the terminal. I want to say I am not trying to be as negative about the show. It's good that Omaha has such a show and Saturday's was very nice. Good topics and clearly both hosts care deeply about Omaha.

Just try to let the guests have a bit more air time and try to prepare a bit more.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Tomorrow's topic on Grow Omaha will be an in depth discussion with Roger Dixon from MECA. Grow Omaha airs at 9am on KFAB.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:07 pm Tomorrow's topic on Grow Omaha will be an in depth discussion with Roger Dixon from MECA. Grow Omaha airs at 9am on KFAB.
Dang. My one time every 5 weeks I have to work on a Saturday.. If I didn’t, I’d let Jeff B. know I’d be crashing the studio to watch and listen to this one in person...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Call in show with Brad this morning.
Coyote
City Council

Grow Omaha

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha Radio Show 12/22/18

Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Coming up on January 12th we will be doing the 15th Anniversary Episode. Seems like just the other day we did the 10th Anniversary Episode.