Grow Omaha Show discussion

Discussion of current events, news, the latest happenings in Omaha

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: March 14th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:It's time for one of our most popular Grow Omaha features: our quarterly economic development discussion with David Brown, President and CEO of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, one of the top chambers in the United States. Given the current economic climate, there is much to discuss, so listen to Grow Omaha this Saturday to hear about the current state of Omaha's growth and development from Omaha's chief economic developer.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK: As always, Trenton and Jeff will analyze this week's major stories related to Omaha's growth and development. Don't miss a minute of this week's show!
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

I wish they'd put these out on Podcasts.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Bosco55David wrote:I wish they'd put these out on Podcasts.
They do...

http://www.growomaha.com/archive.htm
Bosco55David
Parks & Recreation

Post by Bosco55David »

Brad wrote:
They do...

I signed up for their Podcasts through iTunes and I only got a couple old shows. I never get the new shows like I do with my other podcasts.

Maybe I did something wrong.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: April 4,2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "The Housing Market" - We hear so much about challenges in the housing market that we decided to invite an expert on home construction into the studio for a discussion. Our guest will be a successful builder of upscale houses, Todd Gaver of Gaver Custom Homes.

TOPIC II - "The Flooding & Water Quality Concerns Related to Land Development" - Spring is here and that means the potential for heavy rains. Therefore, it's the right time of year to discuss the flooding implications of Omaha's built environment.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK: As always, Trenton and Jeff will analyze this week's major stories related to Omaha's growth and development. Don't miss a minute of this week's show!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha April 11, 2009 (BEST DAY OF THE YEAR) Episode
Trenton and Jeff wrote:This week on GROW OMAHA:  

TOPIC I - "Chamber of Commerce Reports" - At the beginning of the show, we'll talk about two subjects related to the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce. First, we'll talk to Duane Siebler in order to review the first-ever Cyberspace Symposium which drew 1,500 participants to Omaha early this week. Next, we'll talk with Jim Butler and Cheryl Anderson about the Chamber's annual membership drive.

TOPIC II - "New Options for Small Business Financing" - In the middle of the show, Leon Milobar and Mike Niehaus from the Small Business Administration's Omaha office will tell us about good news for businesses looking for financing.

TOPIC III - "Construction Spotlight" - Periodically, Grow Omaha invites local construction executives into the studio to discuss the trends shaping the construction industry. This week we will talk to Robert Krause and Shawn Swaney, owners of KSI Construction.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha: April 18th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "How to Achieve Job Security & Add Value at Work" - Join us for a timely economic discussion with human resources expert Cy Wakeman.

TOPIC II - "Plattsmouth Growth & Development" - As development grows to the south, the Cass County town of Plattsmouth is becoming more dynamic - it's part suburb and part small town. In the second half of this week's show, we'll talk about Plattsmouth's economy with Mayor Paul Lambert and City Administrator Erv Portis.

Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: April 25th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "Construction Spotlight on Calabretto Building Group" - Periodically, Grow Omaha invites local construction executives into the studio to update us on building projects and the latest trends in the construction industry. Our guest this week will be Jesse Calabretto, owner of Calabretto Building Group.

TOPIC II - "Dunsany Flats" - In the middle of this week's show, developer Syl Orsi will tell us about his exciting new development on South 10th Street in Little Italy.

TOPIC III - "Great Strides" - For our final interview, we'll talk to Becky McCarville and Shannon Gubbels, organizers of "Great Strides: A Walk to Cure Cystic Fibrosis."
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha: May 2nd, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:As the City of Omaha mayoral election approaches, it's time for the candidates to pay a visit to Grow Omaha. This week we will be joined by former Omaha mayor and U.S. Congressman Hal Daub. Next week, we'll have City Councilman Jim Suttle.

The candidates have already held public debates and have done scores of media interivews. But this interview will be different. As we talk with both of these gentlemen, we will focus exclusively on economic development. We want to know everything these candidates plan to do to make Omaha bigger, more vibrant and more economically prosperous.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha May 8, 2009 Episode

As the City of Omaha mayoral election approaches, it's time for the candidates to pay a visit to Grow Omaha. Last week we had former Omaha mayor and U.S. Congressman Hal Daub. This week, we'll have City Councilman Jim Suttle.

The candidates have already held public debates and have done scores of media interivews. But this interview will be different. As we talk with both of these gentlemen, we will focus exclusively on economic development. We want to know everything these candidates plan to do to make Omaha bigger, more vibrant and more economically prosperous.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Gow Omaha: May 23rd, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:Cass County is home to Plattsmouth, Louisville and several other communities, and it's part of the eight- county Omaha metropolitan statistical area. In the first half of this week's program, we'll examine growth and development in Cass County with two representatives of the new Cass County Economic Development Corporation: John Yochum, executive director and Roger Wehrbein, board chairman.

In the second half of the show, we'll have a wide- ranging economic development discussion with Omaha attorney Tom Ackley from the Koley Jessen law firm. Tom's legal practice focuses on real estate, banking and finance. He is well versed in Nebraska's economic development tools, and he's a member of the Bellevue Planning Commission.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha May 30, 2009 Episode

TOPIC I - "Downtown Omaha Master Plan" - Doug Bisson from HDR will talk to us about downtown Omaha's first master plan in 30 years.

TOPIC II - "Builders' Blitz 2009" - Plans are underway for three Omaha builders to complete three new Habitat for Humanity houses in Northeast Omaha in only seven days. It will happen during the "Home Builders' Blitz 2009," which kicks off Saturday. We'll discuss this program with Amanda Jedlicka, executive director of Habitat for Humanity and Dave Vogtman, Vice President of Hearthstone Homes.

TOPIC III - "Starting a New Bank" - It's quite rare these days for a new bank to start up from scratch. That's why we're going to highlight Access Bank, one of the first new banks to open in Omaha in many years. At the end of this week's program, we'll interview Pat Corrigan, president & CEO and Mark Ellerbeck, executive vice president.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Brad wrote:
They do...

They are also on KFAB:

http://www.kfab.com/cc-common/podcast.html
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

The KFAB ones are usually loaded first if you are in a hurry.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: June 6th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:This week on GROW OMAHA:  

It's time for one of our most popular Grow Omaha features: our quarterly economic development discussion with David Brown, President and CEO of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, one of the top chambers in the United States. Given the current economic climate, there is much to discuss, so listen to Grow Omaha this Saturday to hear about the current state of Omaha's growth and development from Omaha's chief economic developer.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha June 12, 2009 Episode

TOPIC I - "Omaha Royals Stadium in Papillion" - At the beginning of this week's show, we'll interview Martie Cordaro, vice president and general manager of the Omaha Royals, about the triple-A team's planned, 6,000- seat stadium near Papillion.

TOPIC II - "Hilton Omaha Hotel Anniversary" - The Hilton Omaha Hotel, the Qwest Center's attached convention hotel and largest hotel in the state of Nebraska, has celebrated its five-year anniversary. We'll get an update from general manager Robert Watson.

TOPIC III - "Measuring the Economic Impact of Workforce Development" - When discussing the future of Omaha's economy, the term "workforce development" often comes up. At the end of the program, Dr. Jennifer Moss from Bellevue University's Human Capital Lab, will join us for an insightful conversation.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha: June 27,2009

TOPIC I - "Great Publicity for the Big O" - Omaha has been on a roll lately with an incredible amount of positive national publicity. It seems like everytime you see a "top cities" ranking, Omaha is on it. Why have we been getting so much recognition lately? To answer this question, we will interview Rod Moseman, vice president of economic development at the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.

TOPIC II - "Growth & Development from an Appraiser's Perspective" - In the middle of this week's show, we'll interview a licensed real estate appraiser - Nick Dizona, vice president of Real Property Appraisals, PC. Through his work in the real estate business, Nick has an interesting perspective on land development in Omaha.

TOPIC III - "From California to Omaha" - Dr. Susanne Trimbath is CEO and Chief Economist for STP Advisory Services. She recently moved her company from the Los Angeles area to Omaha. At the end of this week's show, she will share her fascinating story.
joeglow
Planning Board

Post by joeglow »

Coyote wrote:Grow Omaha: June 27,2009

TOPIC I - "Great Publicity for the Big O" - Omaha has been on a roll lately with an incredible amount of positive national publicity. It seems like everytime you see a "top cities" ranking, Omaha is on it. Why have we been getting so much recognition lately? To answer this question, we will interview Rod Moseman, vice president of economic development at the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.

TOPIC II - "Growth & Development from an Appraiser's Perspective" - In the middle of this week's show, we'll interview a licensed real estate appraiser - Nick Dizona, vice president of Real Property Appraisals, PC. Through his work in the real estate business, Nick has an interesting perspective on land development in Omaha.

TOPIC III - "From California to Omaha" - Dr. Susanne Trimbath is CEO and Chief Economist for STP Advisory Services. She recently moved her company from the Los Angeles area to Omaha. At the end of this week's show, she will share her fascinating story.
Well, at least we know Ndizona is still alive.
Brad
City Council

Grow Omaha July 4, 2009 Episode

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha July 4, 2009 Episode
Jeff and Trenton wrote:TOPIC I - "Business Retention & Expansion" - Often when we think of economic development, we think about the recruitment of out-of-town companies. It's just as important, if not more important, to retain the companies we already have. That's why we have invited Dr. Phil Phillips, manager of retention and business expansion for the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce, to join us this weekend.

TOPIC II - "Economic Impact of Sports" - A study recently released to the media shows the $30 million impact that three major sporting events (U.S. Olympic Swim Trials, NCAA men's basketball and NCAA Volleyball Final Four) had on the Omaha economy last year. To discuss the issue, we will interview Roger Dixon, president & CEO of Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA).

Don't miss a minute of this week's show!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha July 18, 2009 Episode
Jeff and Trenton wrote:This week on GROW OMAHA:  

TOPIC I - "The Residential Real Estate Market" - We have heard so much about troubles in the residential real estate market over the past couple of years. This week on Grow Omaha, we're going to get an update on this important sector of the Omaha economy. Our guest will be Herb Freeman with NP Dodge.

TOPIC II - "Papillion is Hot" - The city of Papillion is not just a nice suburb in Sarpy County, it's also the third best town in America according to CNN/Money Magazine. We'll talk about the economic development implications of this amazing recognition with Acting Mayor David Black.

TOPIC III - "Economic Development News of the Week" - As always, Jeff and Trenton will analyze this week's major news stories related to Omaha's growth and development.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

That dixon guy they had on the 11th was a girly.  He was not that honest on some of his statements, most often opinion bias as well as manipulation of facts.  Particularly when he was asked about computer security.  I live about 4 blocks from the K-FABulous studio I should go talk to him if they invite him on again.  Educate him a little bit.  He rubbed me the wrong way so bad I waisted 5 minutes and looked him up to send him a firm but honest letter.

Grow Omaha people please don't have him on again.  He is supposed to be an authority on the topic but if an individual is not honest and becomes misleading it can make your show look like a fool as well.  Then the laymen listeners are left with incorrect knowledge.  Fooey bad ooboo shame on you
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha July 15, 2009 Episode
This week on GROW OMAHA:  

TOPIC I - "Land Development" - When you drive around the metro area, especially in the suburban areas, you will often notice new neighborhoods or large commercial developments under construction. A lot of behind-the-scenes work goes into creating a new real estate development. That's what we're going to focus on this week on Grow Omaha. Our guest will be civil engineer Jeff Lake with Olsson Associates.

TOPIC II - "Great Times for Sarpy County" - At the end of the program, we will interview Toby Churchill, executive director of the Sarpy County Economic Development Corporation about the string of successes his county has recently enjoyed.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha Aug 1, 2009 Episode

TOPIC I - "Cox Classic Economic Impact Review" - Now that the 2009 Cox Classic is done, it's time to assess how Nebraska's top golf tournament did and what impact it had on the local economy. Our guest will be Chad Mardesen, tournament director.

TOPIC II - "An Analysis of Omaha's Population" - Though Omaha is America's 60th largest metro area, it is now the 40th largest city, and it's moving up the charts rapidly. Omaha recently passed Cleveland and is poised to pass Kansas City in a few years. How big could Omaha eventually become? What role do population statistics play in Omaha's development? We'll answer these and other related questions this Saturday in our interview with David Drozd from the Center for Public Affairs Research at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.

TOPIC III - "Economic Development News of the Week" - As always, Jeff and Trenton will analyze this week's major news stories related to Omaha's growth and development.
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Wow I think heck will freeze over in the cow town 290KM south of us.  When Omaha proper outgrows KC proper that will be the day.  
I think Doushe'On will throw a party.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha Aug 8th 2009 Episode

TOPIC I - "Commercial Lending Environment" - In today's economy, we hear so much about the lack of available credit hurting business expansions and real estate development deals. So, we thought it would be timely to analyze the situation with a local expert. Our guest will be Mark Dahir, vice president of Omaha State Bank.

TOPIC II - "Groundbreaking for Omaha Royals Stadium" - The Omaha Royals and Sarpy County will break ground August 12th on a new baseball stadium. To bring us up to speed on the project and give us the inside story, we will interview Mark Wayne, Sarpy County Administrator.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWS - As usual, Trenton and Jeff will analyze recent news stories concerning Omaha's growth and development.
Last edited by Brad on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Woops. Wrong month, Brad.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

wow.... :oops:  

Fixed it.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: August 15th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "Omaha Company Expands" - Savings Sidekick Publishing, a coupon book company started in Omaha is going nationwide. Tune in to hear our interview with Jared Bakewell, president.

TOPIC II - "Cunningham Lake Renovations" - In the middle of this week's show, we'll interview Omaha's acting parks director, Steve Scarpello, about Cunningham Lake Marina, which will be open to boaters this spring.

TOPIC III - "Senior Living for the Middle Class" - At the end of the show, we'll talk Sam Reeder of Calamar about Woodbridge Senior Village, which is under development at 7205 North 73rd Plaza Circle, near Immanuel Hospital. Calamar decided to target the middle class in designing Woodbridge, because so many other local retirement facilities are either luxurious or low-income.
Last edited by Admin on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: August 22, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:There's never a shortage of things to discuss on Grow Omaha, but this week's show will be particularly busy. In the first half of the program, we'll talk to Bridget Lynch from the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce about the upcoming "Chamber Chat Live," a chance to ask Chamber of Commerce experts anything related to economic development. After that, we'll talk with an executive from California-based Panda Express, a fast-casual restaurant that recently opened the first two of what will be several Omaha- area locations.

In the second half of the program, we'll talk to Ken West and Mike Kros of DLR Group about their company's new office building at AkSarBen. Finally, we'll wrap up by interviewing Omaha author April Kelly about her new book, "Gratitude at Work."
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: August 29, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "Chamber's New Plaza" - The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce held a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday for its new courtyard plaza that will brighten the northwest corner of 13th & Howard Street when it is completed this fall. We'll learn about the proect by interviewing the Chamber's Patti McAtee.

TOPIC II - "Commercial Lending Environment" - In today's economy, we hear so much about the lack of available credit hurting business expansions and real estate development deals. So, we thought it would be timely to analyze the situation with local experts. Our guests will be Mike Phelps and Ryan Wade from Union Bank.

TOPIC III - "Securities America" - Jim Nagengast, President of Securities America, Inc. will join us at the end of Saturday's program. Securities America has built a new office building, is celebrating its 25th anniversary and was ranked as the 5th largest independent broker/dealer in the country according to the June 2009 issue of "Financial Planning" magazine.
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha Sept 5, 2005 Episode
Trenton and Jeff wrote:TOPIC I - "What They're Talking About Online" - It's time for our wide-ranging, quarterly discussion with Lou Chiganos (Omaha Cowboy) , site administrator of the GrowOmaha.com discussion board. Lou will share what's currently on the discussion docket. This is your chance to get up-to-speed with all the big growth-and- development topics in the Omaha metro.

TOPIC II - "DiVentures" - Construction is starting on the largest and most innovative scuba diving facility in the United States. It will open next summer at 120th & I Street in Omaha. At the end of this week's program, we'll interview one of the owners, Dean Hollis.

As always, Trenton and Jeff will analyze the major growth-and-development news stories of the past week. Don't miss a minute of this week's program!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

NO Grow Omaha 9/12/2009 - Football Pre Game
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha September 19, 2009 Episode

TOPIC I - "Achieving Peak Performance" - At the beginning of this week's program, we'll interview Pat Williams, senior vice president of the NBA's Orlando Magic, who will speak at the Buy the Big O! Show Breakfast, hosted by the Greater Omaha Chamber, on Wednesday, Oct. 14th, 7:30 a.m., at Qwest Center Omaha.

TOPIC II - "Land Planning & Development" - When you drive around the metro area, especially in the suburban areas, you will often notice new neighborhoods or large commercial developments under construction. A lot of behind-the-scenes work goes into creating a new real estate development. That's what we're going to focus on this week on Grow Omaha. Our guest will be Jason Thiellen of E&A Consulting Group.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWS - Trenton and Jeff will analyze the week's news stories related to Omaha's growth and development.
Brad
City Council

Grow Omaha October 3, 2009 Episode

Post by Brad »

Grow Omaha October 3, 2009 Episode
Trenton and Jeff wrote:TOPIC I - "Best of Sarpy Expo" - At the beginning of the show, we'll talk to Steve Roarty of SignIt about the Best of Sarpy Expo planned for November at the La Vista Conference Center.  It's a tradeshow sponsored by the Sarpy County Chamber of Commerce in association with the Millard Business Association.

TOPIC II -  "Benefits of Chamber Membership" - How can a membership in the Greater Omaha Chamber help you grow your business and help you make money?"  In the middle of this week's show, the Chamber's Bridget Lynch will talk about the three major benefits of chamber membership and how members can grow their businesses, hold down costs, and build for the future.

TOPIC III - "Nebraska's First Distillery Since Prohibition" - We'll finish up this week's show with a fascinating interview with Zac Triemert, owner of the new Sòlas Distillery.  Zac studied abroad to earn a masters degree in Brewing & Distilling in Edinburgh, Scotland.  He also had to push for a change in state law to make his dream of a Nebraska distillery become reality.  
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: October 10, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "Smash Burger" - At the beginning of the show, we'll talk to Rhod McNee, owner of two future Omaha locations of a new national burger chain.

TOPIC II -  "Franchise Business" - A special seminar is planned to help people involved in franchising or thinking about going into it.  Our guest will be Winsley Durand from the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce.

TOPIC III - "Energy Tax Credits" - We'll finish up this week's show with a timely interview about energy tax credits with Dan Travaille of USA Insulation.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha: October 17th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "New Hotel at 80th & Dodge" - Construction will soon begin on a 102-room Staybridge Suites hotel.  At the beginning of this week's show, we'll interview a representative from Midas Hospitality, the new hotel's management group.

TOPIC II -  "Nebraska's First Distillery Since Prohibition" - We'll also have a fascinating interview with Zac Triemert, owner of the new Sòlas Distillery.  Zac studied abroad to earn a masters degree in Brewing & Distilling in Edinburgh, Scotland.  He also had to push for a change in state law to make his dream of a Nebraska distillery become reality.  

TOPIC III - "The Kroc Center" - After much construction work and a great deal of community anticipation, The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center will soon be open at 27th and Y Street in South Omaha.  The Kroc Center's Molly Skold will stop by the studio at the end of this week's show to bring us up to speed with this amazing facility.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: October 24th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:Grow Omaha will not air this week because of pregame coverage for the Nebraska vs. Iowa State football game.
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: October 31st, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:Grow Omaha will not air this week because of pregame coverage for the Nebraska vs. Baylor football game.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Grow Omaha: November 7th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "The Inflatable Party Zone" - At the beginning of this week's program, we're going to highlight a unique entertainment business.  Pump It Up of Omaha is part of the original and largest private inflatable party facility franchise system, which has nearly 200 locations nationwide, The Omaha facility is located near Nebraska Furniture Mart and opened about a year ago.  Our guest will be the owner, Kim Hodges.

TOPIC II - "South Omaha Development Project" - For our main topic, we're going to discuss a project of the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce to direct growth and investment in South Omaha for the next 20 years.  Our guest will be Doug Bisson, an urban planner with Omaha-based HDR.  

TOPIC III - "Home of the World's Best BBQ Sauce" - Omaha's Grandma Foster's Smooth & Spicy BBQ Sauce" won the "Best Sauce on the Planet" award at this year's American Royal Barbeque Competition held earlier this fall in Kansas City, Mo. At the end of this week's program, we'll interview Steve Foster, who will share the unique story behind Grandma Foster's.

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT NEWS OF THE WEEK - As always, Trenton and Jeff will analyze the major economic development happenings of the week:
  • Rumors of a new downtown hotel
  • Two new restaurants coming to town
  • Ribbon cutting for the new Salvation Army's Kroc Center
  • New non-stop flights coming to Eppley
  • Construction progress on both of Omaha's new baseball stadiums
  • Will drinking make movies more entertaining at the new Marcus Midtown Cinema?
Admin
Law Enforcement

Post by Admin »

Grow Omaha: November 14th, 2009
Grow Omaha wrote:TOPIC I - "eCreamery" - An Omaha company creates custom-made ice cream from a small store in downtown Dundee and ships it packed in dry ice to customers nationwide.  At the beginning of the show, we'll learn about this fascinating business in our interview with Abby Jordan and Becky App from eCreamery.

TOPIC II - "New Eye Institute" - In 2012, the University of Nebraska Medical Center plans to open the $30 million Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute in a 47,000 square foot building to be constructed at 40th & Leavenworth Street. Join us for an interview with Dr. Tom Hejkal, chairman of UNMC's ophthalmology and visual sciences department
TOPIC III - "Outward Bound is Bound for the Big O" - A new organization known as the NorthStar Foundation recently announced a partnership with Outward Bound, the famous provider of learning expeditions that inspire character development.  At the end of this week's program, we will interview Scott Hazelrigg, executive director of NorthStar, about the partnership and its plans to build a permanent Outward Bound center in North Omaha.