Interesting tidbit

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

NovakOmaha
Planning Board

Interesting tidbit

Post by NovakOmaha »

For those of you JoeMoney's out there, the Mandolfo house in Linden Estates has a sold bag over the sign. A friend of mine says that the sale was in the sunday local monopoly fishwrap real estate transfers section a month or so ago. I checked the douglas county assessors office web site & it hasn't been updated yet. It will be interesting to see what they paid & what they will do with it. The easy thing would be to sell off 2 or 3 lots & then sell the house & make a quick hit.
eomaha
County Board

Post by eomaha »

I'll never forget back in the 80's seeing a house over looking Regency Court selling for $180,000... and seeing the new home owner turn around and bulldoze it for construction of a new Dan Witt home. It's the ski lodge looking place off the northeast corner of the mall. Of course these days you see homes being demolished for larger homes throughout District 66 (a relative of mine is banking on this happening to his home located in the Swanson Library area).

Is Rod Kush's house still on the market?
psl25201
Home Owners Association

Post by psl25201 »

First, I want to start off by saying that I am new to this forum. I have been a lurker for quite a while. I am a big proponent of Omaha with a secret membership like many of you in the "I'm obsessed with high rises" club. I really enjoy reading the discussion as well as seeing the photos of the progress. Lucky for me, I am connected with several people in the Omaha metro that are a big part of the revitalization going on and I hear and see first hand much of what is going on.

Now in reply to your post jhuston, that house is owned by a friend of mine's grandparents. I assume I know which one you are talking about as it is the only one that truly protrudes over the hill. Dan Witt is related to the people that live in that house ironically enough, hence why it was built by him. If I am not mistaken, he is their son. I also know Dan Witt's kids very well. Dan Witt is now making a living in Florida as he was, how do I say this nicely, run out of Omaha. The house itself is a great house. I have been in it a few times and it is very nice and has extraordinary design. Just thought that was interesting.
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations

Post by OmahaDevelopmentMan »

psl25201 wrote:First, I want to start off by saying that I am new to this forum. I have been a lurker for quite a while. I am a big proponent of Omaha with a secret membership like many of you in the "I'm obsessed with high rises" club. I really enjoy reading the discussion as well as seeing the photos of the progress. Lucky for me, I am connected with several people in the Omaha metro that are a big part of the revitalization going on and I hear and see first hand much of what is going on.
Welcome to the forum psl (for short)! Now with those friends you have, be sure to share some inside information with us if you can (with or without the company names/people's names). And welcome to the height obsessed club!

Now on the topic, I really wonder who puchased the Mandolfo house. That place is gigantic! I can't think of anyone who would have the cash to buy it (it can't be warren, he's too modest with this homes). Here's an idea. Maybe it is one of the execs from Novak's company relocating its HQ here. :D
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

The most recent asking price for that house that I saw was $2,000,000 (down from its original $4,000,000 I believe) and is within reach for a good handful of Omahans I'm sure. But if I had that kind of money to buy a home in this town, I wouldn't want to buy that house. I'd much rather build my own. With $2,000,000 I could personalize my home almost to my heart's content. So why would I give that up to live in someone else's dream home?
ryan
New to the Neighborhood

Post by ryan »

Is this what you guys are looking for?

OWH - May 8, 2005

Deutsche Bank National Trust Co. to Merrill Lynch Credit Corp.,
14243 Hamilton St.
$ 2,052,000
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

But if I had that kind of money to buy a home in this town, I wouldn't want to buy that house. I'd much rather build my own.
I WOULD RATHER SPEND 500,000 AND BUY A SWEET HOUSE IN DUNDEE OR COUNTRY CLUB AND BLOW THE OTHER 1.5 MILLION ON SOMETHING ELSE.