Official: Out of Omaha, the movie

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

The only time we talked about Robert Altman was in reference to my script because I had a scene with overlapping dialouge in it. I can't remember if Dana is his grandson or nephew. One of the two. But I've wondered why a talented guy like Dana hasn't benifited from nepotism like the Coppolas. Might have been Dana's decision, though. But I don't think it's necessarily a good topic to broach with him.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Either the age or the name is wrong. My source didn't name Altman, I just assumed it was him since he is from Omaha and the co-director. Dave Foley was saying this guy is just so talented, he is a genius (maybe there is someone else from Omaha who is also involved in the production?). Or maybe it is Altman and the age was misconstrued. Anyway, there is apparently someone working on the production that is very highly regarded.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

It's probably Nik Fackler. He's 21 I think.

He directs a lot of saddle creek videos and is supposedly to begin production for his first feature this winter (called "Still Lovely"). I think Altman is producing it. I think Fackler has a small part in Out of Omaha.
cosmoguy
New to the Neighborhood

Post by cosmoguy »

My dad gave me a call yesterday and said that they were filming on his lawn. They were using his next door neighbor's house in Papillion in the shoot,
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

They're shooting in the courtyard of the Central Park Plaza this afternoon (I hope somebody swept up all the cigarette butts ahead of time). Almost stepped into the background of the shoot coming out of Starbuck's. :oops: Looked like Lea Thompson was finding today's temps to be a bit nippy, soon as the scene was shot, she had on a robe and a coat over that.
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

icejammer, i was at starbucks today and shot some pics, wonder if we were in there at the same time?

Image[/url]
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

Nice paparazzi action, stylee! :D
icejammer
County Board

Post by icejammer »

omahastylee459 wrote:icejammer, i was at starbucks today and shot some pics, wonder if we were in there at the same time?
Doesn't look like it, when I was there, the big light reflecting screen was more behind where they're standing in your pics.
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

Well, looks like filming has moved to my neck of the woods! They're filming today and tomorrow on Mockingbird drive & 98th st.. The RV is there and everything! How do I know they will be there today AND tomorrow? Well, I just came back from the butcher's (Just Good Meats, yumm) and the catering crew had aquired some quantities of beef from there and had kibitzed with the butchers. :) I'm stupidly excited about this!
omahastylee459
Parks & Recreation

Post by omahastylee459 »

they are sure shooting in a multitude of locations, very different from eachother. I am interested to see how this movie is going to come together when it is all complete.
Finn
Parks & Recreation

Post by Finn »

Actress's big break brings her back home
Lindsay plays Cookie, a 15-year-old who doesn't want to climb into the family RV. She just wants to hang with her boyfriend, played by Omahan Nik Fackler.

Fackler, 21, directs music videos for bands like Neva Dinova, Azure Ray and Tilly and the Wall. He's been steering Foley, Thompson and other cast members to nightspots in Lincoln and Omaha to hear some of those bands.

Veteran Omaha stage actress Melissa Jarecke plays Lindsay's grandma. Omahan David Kalis, 13, plays her little brother, Milo. Tom Wees, known as the ghost of Jacob Marley in "A Christmas Carol" at the Omaha Community Playhouse and as Debra Winger's doctor in "Terms of Endearment," plays a police officer. Tracy Iwerson, John Lee, Delaney Driscoll, Jim McKain and B.J. Tobin, all of Omaha, also have small roles.
POTUS
Home Owners Association

Post by POTUS »

The shooting at 98th and Mockingbird was inside the Animal Emergency Clinic. I was making a delivery and walked in on it. The trailers around back might have tipped me off...

I didn't disturb the movie, they were just doing practice shoots. So, we know the movie involves a dog at the vet.

Let's piece the script together...
almighty_tuna
City Council

Post by almighty_tuna »

About Schmidt called, he wants his house back. :wink:
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

I went to school with Nik Fackler. I thought I heard he was accepted to some prestigious LA film school, but eventually turned it down so he could stay here, lay around, and be a pile.
Swift
Planning Board

Post by Swift »

Basically. Though I know that he's made 4 or more short films, a number of music videos, music videos for live performances, has a short that is going to play at Sundance, a WilliamMorris agent and is dating one of my friends ex-girlfriends (or so I understand).
Harpoon
Human Relations

Post by Harpoon »

They had Happy Hollow closed off today around noon to the north of Underwood. Looks like they were doing a driving scene by towing a car on a trailer.
Hawkeye
Home Owners Association

Post by Hawkeye »

Wait, wait, wait...so you're telling me that a movie is being made with the title "Out of OMAHA", and it's being produced by someone named Payne who isn't the famous Omahan or any relation, and co-produced by someone named Dana Altman who isn't the head basketball coach of the Bluejays??

Dat's craaaazy.
edsas
Human Relations

Post by edsas »

The poster design is a good concept, but it looks a little chintzy as is. They should try for something a little less cluttered.
TechnicalDisaster
Parks & Recreation

Post by TechnicalDisaster »

The poster design is a good concept, but it looks a little chintzy as is. They should try for something a little less cluttered.
No kidding. It looks like some high school kid with basic photoshop skills put it together.
"This is America.  It is my God given right to be loudly opinionated on issues I am completely ignorant of."
MTO
City Council

Post by MTO »

Speaking of photoshopn, I noticed they took the Woodmen off the woodmen in the flash video on the website.
15-17, 26, 32
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Apparently 'Out of Omaha' is no longer post-production but has been completed. According to NoHo Films: "Completed Principal Photography October 12, 2005" and "Out of Omaha is the first of three projects NoHo Films International plans for their 2005-2006 slate of what Payne calls 'culturally specific and universally accessible' projects that combine upcoming and award-winning talent with marketable character driven stories."

Also co-producer Dana Altman is the grandson of Robert Altman (a KC kid), who moved to Omaha to marry and raise a family. His North Sea Films is at 2626 Harney.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Cool. I can't wait to see it.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963