Modifications to eOmahaForums

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, Omaha Cowboy, Brad, nebugeater

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby HR Paperstacks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:34 pm

iamjacobm wrote:Whenever I hit Board Index I get a general error that says there are too many connections to eomaha. Using Chrome.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. But if you remove the /index.php it works.

Edit: and it works fine on my phone...weird. Do you have Cox?

User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 9034
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Midtown

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby iamjacobm » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

HR Paperstacks wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Whenever I hit Board Index I get a general error that says there are too many connections to eomaha. Using Chrome.

Yeah, I'm getting that too. But if you remove the /index.php it works.

Edit: and it works fine on my phone...weird. Do you have Cox?


Yeah. It works on my phone fine too. I noticed it doesn't give me the error message when www. is included in the address.

NovakOmaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1638
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby NovakOmaha » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

A caveat that I know nothing about these things.

This forum has had problems over the years while I haven't had similar problems with the Des Moines or Kansas City forums. What is the difference with the forums? Is it the host or the software or something else?

Just curious.

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby HR Paperstacks » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:11 pm

NovakOmaha wrote:A caveat that I know nothing about these things.

This forum has had problems over the years while I haven't had similar problems with the Des Moines or Kansas City forums. What is the difference with the forums? Is it the host or the software or something else?

Just curious.

It was mainly hosting problems that led to the problems last time around. Once those got straightened out, some people's cookies were causing weird issues. After renaming the cookie, the issues stopped. My guess is it is another hosting problem. Now this time around, I find it strange that some URLs have issues and some don't and that some ISPs don't seem to have any issues. Either way, it seems like another caching issue and not a software issue.

User avatar
nebugeater
County Board
Posts: 6269
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby nebugeater » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:26 am

I got this for the first time this AM. Got in by doing a google search for a specific thread and then was in and already still logged in.
Attachments
eomaha error.JPG
eomaha error.JPG (77.11 KiB) Viewed 531 times
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1850
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Garrett » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 pm

For me it seems to be back to normal and I don't have to do my work around.
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

lisanstan
Home Owners Association
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: O! (maha)

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby lisanstan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:19 am

I got that general error page this morning. It was the Colonial Hotel thread.

User avatar
Ingersoll1978
Library Board
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Des Moines
Contact:

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Ingersoll1978 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:27 pm

I manage the back end of UrbanDSM.com, which uses PHPBB. I would be happy to help if needed. :)

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:38 pm

I wonder if the host has the max database connections set to 50 per user. I just saw an instant where 46 users were online.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Coyote » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm

We have had 227 users online once.
Image

User avatar
HR Paperstacks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby HR Paperstacks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Coyote wrote:We have had 227 users online once.

That could have been a while back and the host has since lowered it to allow more sites per server. Just a thought. :)

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Coyote » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:09 pm

We have the same host as phpbb.com that presently has 665 online and 8680 at one time.
Image

User avatar
Garrett
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1850
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Garrett » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 am

What was that “site suspended” about this morning?
From Omaha to Chicago
From Axel to Garrett

Still the same guy

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Linkin5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Which moderator is deleting multiple posts, I assume omahacowboy? I don’t want to tell you how to run your site but discussion seems to be lacking and deleting posts really does not help things.

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Linkin5 wrote:Which moderator is deleting multiple posts, I assume omahacowboy? I don’t want to tell you how to run your site but discussion seems to be lacking and deleting posts really does not help things.

Which posts are you referring to?
Image

Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Linkin5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Coyote wrote:
Linkin5 wrote:Which moderator is deleting multiple posts, I assume omahacowboy? I don’t want to tell you how to run your site but discussion seems to be lacking and deleting posts really does not help things.

Which posts are you referring to?


Just random discussions, just seemed strange that things were getting deleted all together.

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Linkin5 wrote:Which moderator is deleting multiple posts, I assume omahacowboy? I don’t want to tell you how to run your site but discussion seems to be lacking and deleting posts really does not help things.


Your assumption is incorrect..

The last time I deleted a post was December 17th, 2017..

Although I have deleted posts in the past that were personal attacks/insults, or flat out inappropriate..But no Linkin, I don’t go through the forum and delete posts frequently. I’d rather leave evidence of the individual opinion for all to see...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 21078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Three floors down
Contact:

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Coyote » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:16 pm

I recently moved some posts out of a transportation thread that spiralled into a one condemning Millinials for ruining the world, and put it in the Bar & Grill forum, but nothing was deleted. I will probably do the same thing tonight with the Landmark thread. You know people like to hijack threads on this forum...
Image

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Coyote wrote:I recently moved some posts out of a transportation thread that spiralled into a one condemning Millinials for ruining the world, and put it in the Bar & Grill forum, but nothing was deleted. I will probably do the same thing tonight with the Landmark thread. You know people like to hijack threads on this forum...


I’m glad you plan to do that, lest I be accused of deleting posts again, lol.. As it was something I was considering doing myself :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!

MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby MadMartin8 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Coyote wrote:I recently moved some posts out of a transportation thread that spiralled into a one condemning Millinials for ruining the world, and put it in the Bar & Grill forum, but nothing was deleted. I will probably do the same thing tonight with the Landmark thread. You know people like to hijack threads on this forum...


I’m glad you plan to do that, lest I be accused of deleting posts again, lol.. As it was something I was considering doing myself :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY
No posts exist for this topic

User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 6422
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Modifications to eOmahaForums

Postby Omaha Cowboy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:23 pm

MadMartin8 wrote:
Omaha Cowboy wrote:
Coyote wrote:I recently moved some posts out of a transportation thread that spiralled into a one condemning Millinials for ruining the world, and put it in the Bar & Grill forum, but nothing was deleted. I will probably do the same thing tonight with the Landmark thread. You know people like to hijack threads on this forum...


I’m glad you plan to do that, lest I be accused of deleting posts again, lol.. As it was something I was considering doing myself :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ukak8P2vY


LOL. Exactly :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest