ACI Headquarter Building

General discussion on all things Omaha.

Moderators: Coyote, nebugeater, Brad, Omaha Cowboy, BRoss

AIA Alan
New to the Neighborhood

ACI Headquarter Building

Post by AIA Alan »

I have a question regarding the ACI Headquarters Building.  What happened with this project, did it go away, or have they started to build?  Thanks
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

From a recent Omaha City-Weekly article written by our friend Jeff Beals:

'Around the O
Plenty of new construction keeps city on the grow
By Jeff Beals
A corporate headquarters building planned for the far southwest corner of Omaha will be a break from standard operating procedure.

Omaha-based ACI Worldwide, formerly known as Transaction Systems Architects, recently announced that it will move its 600 local employees into a 162,000-square -foot office building to be located near 204th and Q streets. That land is currently a farm site. While construction has not yet started, the three-story office building is scheduled for completion in 2008. The new building will be part of a 383-acre, mixed-used development known as “Coventry”.

Normally, large office buildings are the final things to be built in newly developed areas. When real estate developers decide to turn cornfields into a new suburban areas, they typically start with single-family housing. After the houses are in place, we see churches, schools and multi-family residential buildings start to pop up. Retail development comes next. In fact, there’s an old saying in real estate: “retail follows the rooftops.”

Not only does office construction come last, it is often many years before the first office building appears in a typical suburban development.

The new ACI building breaks the norm. As Omaha grows and its business community becomes more diverse, we may start to see more outside-the-box development practices. Different companies have different needs and wants from their office buildings.

I was in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, and noticed a few corporate office buildings on the suburban fringe, out in the middle of nowhere. On the positive side, workers in remotely located suburban office buildings enjoy brand-new facilities and peaceful views of trees and green cornfields. On the negative side, workers may face a long commute, and there aren’t a lot of restaurant choices at lunchtime.

Booming corridor

The Coventry development and the ACI building are among many projects planned for the 204th Street corridor. In fact, 204th Street will be one of the fastest-growing corridors in the entire metro area over the next five to 10 years. Also designated as U.S. Highway 6 and Nebraska Highway 31, this corridor is “built for speed”. The Nebraska Department of Roads recently expanded 204th Street into a four-lane divided highway from West Dodge Road to Q Street. Expansion between Q Street and Gretna, Neb. is now underway.

Developers are practically salivating over 204th Street. It is the last north-south arterial before you get to the Elkhorn River, which is the generally accepted western boundary of development in Omaha. Several developments are planned for the corridor with many more to come.

Menard’s home improvement store will anchor a 47-acre retail development going in at 204th Street and West Dodge Road. Multi-story condominium buildings are also planned for the area. A large entertainment complex, known as “Thunderbowl” will be located nearby when it opens next year.

Further south, at 204th and Pacific streets, developers have started constructing an entertainment and recreation-oriented development. A retail development is planned for 204th Street and West Center Road. At 204th and F streets, a new residential neighborhood is already in place.'..

The complete story link:

http://omahacityweekly.com/article.php?id=2379

I hope this helps to provide some insight..And welcome to the forum AIA Alan!..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
AIA Alan
New to the Neighborhood

Post by AIA Alan »

Thank you so very much Omaha Cowboy!!!! I really appreciate the information and the help!
Omaha Cowboy
The Don

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

You're welcome!..

:)  ..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Jobs add up at ACI Worldwide; 'fairly significant increase in Omaha'
Russell Hubbard: World-Herald staff writer wrote:There are about 540 people working at the site on South 204th Street between Q and Harrison Streets, up from about 435 a year ago. Worldwide, the company has about 4,300 employees.
omadweller
Home Owners Association

Post by omadweller »

Is this company like First Data in a way? I Binged them and the internets say they process electronic payments such as through ATM's and other ways I guess?
jessep28
Planning Board

Post by jessep28 »

omadweller wrote:Is this company like First Data in a way? I Binged them and the internets say they process electronic payments such as through ATM's and other ways I guess?
I think they were a subsidiary of First Data at one point back in the day. But I'm probably wrong.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
mcarch
Library Board

Post by mcarch »

My Partner is a Project Director at First Data.  He doesn't believe they were a Subsidiary of First Data.  ACI Worldwide is a Software Company.  Partially (25%) like First Data.
Coyote
City Council

Re: ACI Headquarter Building

Post by Coyote »

Anyone know what is going on over at ACI? They are about to build a $1 Mill addition in Coventry!
Brad
City Council

Post by Brad »

Not sure about ACI, but we just put in new roads and a new round a bout at Coventry a couple weeks ago. They changed up the south part of the development a bit.
Coyote
City Council

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:They changed up the south part of the development a bit.
What sort of change up? And south part of ACI's place or of Coventry's?
iamjacobm
City Council

Post by iamjacobm »

http://www.omaha.com/money/aci-worldwid ... 78a1c.html
The Omaha office of payments and technology software vendor ACI Worldwide is bulking up as the company relocates operations from newly acquired businesses.

“It means good things for Omaha,” spokesman Paul McMeekin said of the company’s recent acquisitions. The company also will expand its workforce at its office outside Atlanta, he said.
Pretty vague about what kind of benefits, but any news is good news.